November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/31-8/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/31-8/6

• Options
    ariasbabyblogariasbabyblog member
    edited July 2017
    I didn't see a weekend waaaambulance so I'll put this here.

We just got home from spending a week at a lake with family and my 4 yr old DS slammed his toe in a door, then got that same toe stepped on and ran it into a chair, all within an hour last Friday. Then last night he was underfoot again and I stepped on the same damn toe, and it POPPED. *shudder* It was messy. I took him in to the doctors today and nothing is broken and they don't need to take the nail off or lance it or anything, but I somehow need to magically keep him from running or jumping on it for at least a week, longer would be better. Might as well ask me to stop the wind from blowing. I had to cancel summer camp because of this. Any ideas that don't include drugs or restraints?
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ariasbabyblog
    The only thing I can think of is lots of tv time. I can't imagine trying to make my almost 4 year old be calm for a week. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got off work and my fiance said I needed to come get him and take him to pick up his dad's truck. I get him and ask where the truck is. At the hospital. What!!! Turns out he had a minor heart attack and had to have his arteries cleaned out and just drove himself to the hospital instead of telling anyone. Even my fiance didn't know exactly what was going on until we got to the hospital. 
    Kind of good nobody called me though because I would have walked out of work and just left all the mail right there. I'm so worried about him now.
  • Options
    @amber0529 omg that's crazy! I hope he is okay now. 
  • Options
    @ShePersisted
    He seemed ok when we visited but pretty sure they gave him some painkillers. He was just happy to see my son. It makes me so happy when they're together because they love each other so much! I'm mostly worried about him going right back to work as he owns his own business and he's so stubborn. He said he gets out of the hospital tomorrow and he'll be good to work on Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Oh my @amber0529 that is scary!!

in Chicago yesterday and today. Don't wanna get up. So tired. Was going to get up at 4am to work and snoozed alarm for 2 hours. Have a great Tuesday y'all!! 
  • Options
    ariasbabyblogariasbabyblog member
    edited August 2017
    Yesterday I received my 6 year anniversary badge and my very first spam notice today. Something about this amuses me.

Edit: And now the spam notice is gone. Huh.

• Options
    I don't know if my 3 yr old is acting up or not but he has been very clingy lately and just won't leave my side at night. He keeps jumping into my bed and wants to hug my belly of put his head on my belly and sleep. Really strange behavior. He keeps pushing limits and his tantrums when he does not get what he wants are extreme. I don't know if I should just ride it out as it's a phase or is he really getting impacted by the baby coming. Any ideas or similar experiences? 
  • Options
    I either have bronchitis or the beginning of pneumonia. I called out of work for tomorrow because I felt like I was going to die by the time I got home tonight. Tried to call my OB office to see if I could use my nebulizer and the answering machine said the on call doesn't take medical questions after hours (what!). So I Dr.Googled it and just used the machine. I figure one time won't hurt, I mean I need to breath. I'll either get into a doctor or urgent care tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @ShePersisted
    My 3 (almost 4) year old's behavior has gotten pretty bad but I figure it's mainly because his routine has been thrown so far off with us between houses right now. I'm hoping it will go back to normal once we get moved into the new house.
  • Options
    @ShePersisted my 4 year old is super clingy with me and only wants to snuggle with me not daddy at all. It's hard on all of us because he gets really emotional about making sure he can hug me and the baby. 
    I think it's really normal as they start to understand "sharing" mommy. 
  • Options
    @amber0529 feel better!! 
  • Options
    Lots to do today! Thankfully working from home and can try to get it all done. 
    Going to go out to dinner with 2 families from my original BMB. Yay!! 
  • Options
    MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited August 2017
    Starting my day with a cuddle from DD and DH while we played songs to LO. Now an oatmeal bath because of all rash that hives up. Let this be poison sumac so that there is an end at least, it's just so strange that the rash gets puffy now and then and new areas continue to show up. 
    Adding that I also have DH making brioche French toast for the family right now :)
  • Options
    Had an ultrasound today because my funds is measuring 4 weeks ahead. Baby is not 4 weeks ahead thank goodness, he is measuring 1 week ahead.  Weighing in at 1lb 15oz and is still folded in half with his feet above his head. And as the tech said my cervix length is "adequate".  
  • Options
    I went to urgent care and they diagnosed me with bronchitis. They wanted to check for pneumonia because I'm wheezing on both sides but they didn't want to do an xray because of the pregnancy. Doctor told me he wants me out of work at least through the weekend so my work is going to hate me.
  • Options
    @amber0529 works going to be more upset to lose you if you get hospitalized for pneumonia. Take care of yourself  
  • Options
    Yes @amber0529 please take care of you!! Work can wait. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort does it look like PUPPS rash? Hopefully it's something that will clear up quickly and the oatmeal bath helps. 
  • Options
    @amber0529 works going to be more upset to lose you if you get hospitalized for pneumonia. Take care of yourself  
    This. Take care of your self. Your immunity is low and you need time to recover. 
  • Options
    @maegpie I actually stopped over at my midwife after the ultrasound. It's poison ivy or sumac but a bad reaction to it where I still have new spots popping up all over the body. She doesn't like that it's on the face now. So I'm to do benadryl and tecnu scrub then calagel. It was good that she got to see what it looks like, it tends to swell up become like a hive. If it doesn't get better I may have to do oral steroids. 
  • Options
    I hope everybody gets better! It seems like a bunch of us have really uncomfortable stuff going on and it's so hard while pregnant because they're so hesitant to prescribe anything. The urgent care actually called my OB to make sure they could give me Prednisone. I am trying so hard to rest. My fiance took my son to daycare and will again tomorrow so I don't have to worry about taking care of him during the day.
  • Options
    Being sick is so hard while pregnant, im alwaya cautious to take things, everything says :if pregnant check with your doctor".  I had to take a shower and do a full body tecnu scrub, so at least my skin is smooth now, bought Aveeno with lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang so I smell good too.  Benadryl on board so I'm a little drowsy, im taking the smallest dose and then I have calagel to apply if needed. It's so annoying that it randomly swells up and new places keep popping up.  

This weekend at work I saw 3 different pregnant women admitted, two were on my step down unit.  I saw the smallest ambu bag that I've ever seen. 
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited August 2017
    I have a gripe....employees who complain, but won't address the issue head on drive me crazy. Leadership is such a difficult thing when you try to work with people and make an effort, but some people are so set in their mindset and want to grip no matter what, it's almost pointless.

I know you can't please everyone, but it always sticks out to me and annoys me so much when there is one negative nancy, even if there are 50 other positive people doing fine. 

End random rant.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 i have that same gripe and it carries over into life. Kind of a p*ss or gey off the pot time thing. Either do something about what you feel is wrong or quite the complaining or else it's just a bunch of wasted air and it weighs on everyone who has to listen to it.  Sometimes I feel that people complaining is their way of wanting someone else to fix the problem for them or confront the other person for them about the issue. How annoying and I don't think our patience threshold is as high as before pregnancy.
  • Options
    My almost 16 year old sister got to witness me pee my pants yesterday when I had a coughing fit and didn't cross my legs fast enough. I told my dad if he brings her around more she'll never want to have kids. Lol
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort @amber0529 You guys just can't seem to catch a break lately! Hope things turn around.
    @kdw89 That is AWESOME!
    @ariasbabyblog Lollipops, crayons, and Playdoh?
    @ShePersisted Most of my nieces and nephews became threenagers at that age. It's tough.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I started prednisone today the rash spread even more and I'm at my wits end because nothing is helping it. Went to my midwife after getting out of work early.  Heart rate was high, I felt dizzy and lightheaded but my blood pressure was elevated. Vacation is starting late as I wait for the midwife office to call and say I'm good to go. They took some blood and did a fetal fibrinectin test for the amount of BH and the fact that they hurt enough to wake me from sleep....at least they prescribed rest and I had the next week off. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort Could it be ringworm or pitarysis rosea?
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Probably not those, it's not fungal and doesn't look like ringworm. It's probably poison ivy from last Friday and my body is having an allergic reaction to it complete with hives. 
    We are finally packed for the Cape and on our way there. 
  • Options
    Motherhood maternity is having a 12 hour flash sale online. 50% off already on sale items 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017