TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly check-in 7/31

Anyone new out there reading this, let us know how it's going and what you're doing on your TTC journey. This group has really been supportive and it's always great to "meet" more of us.

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: I'll blame this one on IVF meds because I'm craving sweets, LOL...what's your fave icecream flavor?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly check-in 7/31

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched until September

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): getting antsy to start my IUIs in September but I know taking an extra month to focus on my overall health is the right thing to do. Aug I am focusing on losing 10 more lbs .... taking prenatals, CoQ10, metformin, vitamin D & vitamin C

Rants/Raves
    : Rave: I have been feeling really good both physically and mentally... probably the best since my loss in April. it's been a slow emotional recovery but I think I'm getting to a good place.

Questions for the group:
    none today

GTKY: I'll blame this one on IVF meds because I'm craving sweets, LOL...what's your fave icecream flavor?
    ooo my favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's  'The Tonight Dough'
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Hi.  I dropped off this board for a while to cut back on my TB time but wanted to check in.  After an unsuccessful year of treatment we are moving on to DE IVF.  

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    : currently waiting for AF

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 25

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): we have our required social worker meeting this week and a follow up with our RE next week. 

Rants/Raves
    : As disappointing as it is that treatment with my OE didn't work out, I'm really glad we were forced to take a break over the summer.  It's been great to travel and enjoy the summer without worrying about tracking my cycle and scheduling treatments.  #silverlining

Questions for the group:

GTKY: I'll blame this one on IVF meds because I'm craving sweets, LOL...what's your fave icecream flavor?  I really like Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake.  I love graham cracker in ice cream!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  Not tracking

Rants/Raves
    :  Just started casually looking for puppies last week and I see it's becoming a slippery slope.  Some are so dang expensive so I think the trick is expanding the search and not getting an AKC dog.  Also recently decided I don't think I want to do clomid if that is what OB recommends next month.  I'm just afraid it will mess up my good state of mind right now.  I think I'd rather try some supplements and use the OPK strips again.  I honestly don't feel anything is wrong with me.

Chocolate Chip cookie dough or peanut butter cup.  I really like Kemps frozen yogurt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 if you need help with the puppy process let me know I'm very active in rescue I also know show breeders if your looking for purebred you can also search breed specific rescues sometimes they rescue puppies from puppy mills and hoarding situations. Let me know if I can help in anywah or if you have questions. 
  • @labluver2 - that's awesome.  I bought our 9 year old mini schnauzer 9 years ago for $300 so anything over $400 isn't going to happen.  We really want a female mini schnauzer puppy around 15 ish pounds.  I'm not looking for puppy mill puppies because we had bought one from a pet store one time and he had a heart defect and died as a puppy - it was really tragic and I don't want sadness right now.
  • @laurad75 hey there! That must have been such a tough decision but I like your silver lining! Keep us posted on how your meetings go.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched until December to focus on getting as healthy as possible.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Tracking my cycles closely so I am prepared as much as possible and focusing on losing about ~40 lbs (hopefully) by December. Taking vitamin C & D, Iron, Folate, etc.

Rants/Raves
    : I am on day 4 of the Whole30, doing my best, but not feeling great. Hopefully will have more energy and feel good enough to go back to the gym soon!  I was happy to see that I had a "high" fertility result today with my OPK, my OB was worried I wasn't ovulating, but things seem okay for right now.

GTKY: I'll blame this one on IVF meds because I'm craving sweets, LOL...what's your fave icecream flavor? cookies & cream! (but no ice cream for me until I'm done with all my dieting). :blush:
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • @mdogan29 best of luck with the dieting! I'm trying to lose 20-25 pounds myself. It seems harder after 40!
  • @laurad75 just checking in how did your meeting go! Thinking of you!
  • @mdogan29 good luck with the weight loss! i've really enjoyed taking a few months off to focus on my overall health and have felt great! i still have a little ways to go but i'm almost to my 'fertility treatment' goal weight :)
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Had my follie check today I have 2 nice sized ones 20 and 18 and a few smaller ones 15 14 and a 12. Prob trigger tonight and iui #4 Friday.

Congrats on the weightloss and healthy eating ladies. I lost 7lbs and 5 inches these last 3 weeks. I feel so much better. Hoping it helps can't hurt.
  • @Labluver2 great numbers! I hope your trigger goes well!

@harleyquinn0621 congrats on almost getting to your goal weight! I forgot, were you planning to start in September? I forgot your next steps...

AFM: I had my first bloodwork and ultrasound this morning (day 3 of stims) and I had 2 follicles on the right and 1 on the left. It's still early but I need at least 5 total by Friday or they cancel the IVF cycle. Prayers appreciated!!! On my past two cycles I had more follicles pop up later so am hoping that'll happen this time too.

• positive vibes to you @Momifbysea

GL with trigger @Labluver2

I'm here just enjoying the good mental state I'm at now.  I've decided I don't want to try clomid at least for a few more months.  I have my annual OB appt next Wens and DH will come with me.
  • @vlagrl29 glad you're doing so well! Thanks for the positive thoughts too. It's good that DH will go with you.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah I'm sure he will have some questions. He knows my hesitation with clomid. My gut is just telling me to wait. I don't feel anything is wrong with me. 

Still looking for for puppies and got a good lead today. We will see where that goes.

its funny cause a year ago I was all tracking my cycle and now I'm all chill looking for dogs.
  • @labluver2 good luck with the IUI!

@vlagrl29 I hope you find a puppy soon :) and I'm glad you feel good about the way everything is going

Momifbysea I hope they don't have to cancel your IVF cycle ... fingers crossed for you!

Yes I will be starting next month... I'm going in for an HSG and then doing a round of IUI with gonal-f

My husband and I have decided if IUIs do not work we will not be moving on to IVF, we will instead use the money to travel like we want to.... I get 6 IUIs covered by my health insurance so we're going to stop after those (the gonal-f is not so it is still going to be pricey)

TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 - that sounds like a good plan you have. I couldn't with Ivf either.
  • @harleyquinn0621 I agree, great plan and I'm glad you have the 6 IUIs covered! I have to say if I didn't have IVF coverage we wouldn't be doing this, no way! We'd be traveling too!
  • @vlagrl29 @momifbysea thank you ladies.. it's hard to create that stopping point but i really think it helps me relax to know we will do everything we can and if it doesn't work then we will just enjoy our lives together. i do hope the IUIs work but it's time to let go and put faith in whatever plans God has for me <3
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• I love your words, beautifully put and I feel the same. We will take advantage of the insurance we have but after that we will stop. I appreciate the blessings I have.
  • I totally feel ya @harleyquinn0621 - I feel I'm already at that point.  We don't have RE coverage but I can't even bring myself to try Clomid at this point.  When I fully let go early June something changed in my mind and I'm at the best mentally speaking than I have been in a year and I'm afraid to mess that up by trying something that I don't think I even need because nothing is wrong with me so to speak.  We'll see what my OB says next week.  I don't know if I told you but my last peace of mind test I want him to do is an ultrasound to check my c section scar tissue just to make sure it's not getting in the way of anything.  After that I'm done.  DH wants me to get CD3 blood work again since last time I did I was barely pregnant with our loss but I don't really want to get it taken again.  All that is $$.  I'm willing to pay for an U/S  though.  I'm already at that point where I felt I have put my order in to  god for a baby and i'm letting him drive this and not me anymore.  I just want to enjoy my life.
  • Ladies that's at the point I'm at this is my 4th iui I'm willing to do 6 but not moving on to ivf either bc we have no coverage. It's out of my control and if it doesn't happen well I'll always have my fur children my husband and we would love to also travel. I have to put trust in God and his plan if it's ment to be it will happen. Maybe even naturally. I won't give up hope but I just want to feel normal again.
  • agreed @labluver2 - lets just hope we all get our babies one day.
  • Im glad I'm not the only one not moving forward to IVF. My sister in law made a comment you must not really want a baby if your not willing to do what it takes. Who says that to someone. If insurance covered it or most of it sure I would do it but I'm not going into debt for something that still isn't guaranteed. I can say I tried something doing the iuis and if it doesn't happen we will continue trying naturally but I'm not going to stress over it anymore like temping and ovulation tests. This has taken almost a year of my life. 

@vlagrl29 the IUIS do mentally take thier toll on you but you have a good mind set. I would do femera instead of clomid the clomid thinned my lining alot. You may not even have to do injectables bUT they arent bad. The only hard part is yoy hope it worked and then AF shows. Nurse told me the other day she didn't get preg til her 6th one so that gave me some hope that it may still work for me. I go tomorrow for my 4th then the dreaded TWW.
  • not cool of your SIL to say that @Labluver2 - does she know a lot of times IVF doesn't work?

We don't have RE coverage so I'm not doing IUIs or anything more than Femara.  I to also would rather try Femara than Clomid.

Well we got a 13 week old mini schnauzer puppy last night to add to our family.  So cute!
  • @vlagrl29 congrats on your puppy! I know you've been on the lookout for awhile. 

Just wanted to share my update...I'm feeling relief because they needed to see at least 5 follicles today to continue this cycle and there were 6 measurable plus two more small ones on the right so I'm really hopeful. Maybe third time will be the charm who knows. My next bloodwork and ultrasound is Sunday.
  • edited August 2017
    @vlagrl29 congrats on the puppy!

@Labluver2  I can't tell you how upset that makes me that your SIL would say that to you. it is SO difficult to decide how far you can go physically, mentally, emotionally and financially... spending $15k on a "maybe" is not easy for anyone...and some women have to go multiple rounds so you could look at $30k-45k ... it's not as simple as just not wanting to do it... it's about crippling debt and possibly still not have a baby at the end...... 

@momifbysea congrats on the follies! so glad to hear they won't have to cancel this round!! fingers crossed for you
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @vlagrl29 congrata on your new puppy!!!! I told my husband if I don't end up getting pregnant that I want to get a lab puppy. I'm going to go thru all the steps as if I were pregnant. The announcement we are expecting, ultrasound pics, gender reveal and even a puppy baby shower. He thinks I'm crazy. Maybe just a little lol.
  • @Labluver2 I love that! I think I might just do the same if all this doesn't work. Dogs are wonderful! I have a landlord who doesn't allow, but someday...
  • Had IUI #4 yesterday 2 follies 20 and 23 after wash 100 million 95 mobility. Fingers crossed this has to be the one. 
  • GL @Labluver2 Hope this is your cycle!
  • @Labluver2 wishing you all the best that this is the time!!! That's an awesome count- 100 mil and 95 motility, holy cow!
  • @labluver2 crossing my fingers for you! the numbers sound great!!
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Just sharing that I triggered last night so my egg retrieval is tomorrow morning at 6:45. They saw 4 follicles on each side, so hoping and praying big time that they actually have eggs in them!
  • GL @Momifbysea - hope they get some eggs!

I have my annual OB appt this afternoon.  I'm sure we will talk over things but I'm feeling pretty content at the moment.  It can't hurt though to talk about options and my concerns about those options.
  • @vlagrl29 have a great appointment! Talking through would really help me, I know.
  • @Momifbysea - I agree it will help me for future reference.  But I have no desire for clomid right now.  For the first time in a year I feel like nothing is wrong with me.
  • @Momifbysea good luck hope the find lots of eggies!!!! 
  • Just out of ER and still drugged lol but they retrieved 11 eggs! This is more than my first two IVF cycles combined!
  • @momifbysea - great news!! So when do you get to the next step?