August 2017 Moms
Options

TW/BF 7/31

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: TW/BF 7/31

• Options
    People are annoying me with telling me that if I am carrying 2 babies because they think the doctor made a mistake. I am only having one!!
  • Options
    @emmeline714 I got that yesterday. 'You are just belly, but wow your belly got big, is it twins?!' Kind of a backhanded compliment in my opinion. Like- you are still skinny everywhere else- but crap did you get huge!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emmeline714 I got asked twice, a few weeks ago, if I had triplets in there.  I responded with, NOPE, Im only 5 feet tall, where else do you expect baby to go?  That same day I was eating a doughnut with chocolate on it, and I was asked if my doctor allowed me to eat things like that, to which I responded, YES, I can eat whatever I want. However, this person had the idea to then ask my husband the same thing, as if I were lying! DH responded the same way I did.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Not really a twat, but my dad who rarely annoys me is being very unrealistic right now. They are keeping DS this weekend while I'm in the hospital and he thinks Saturday while they have him is a good time to drive about an hour away and pick out granite for their new counters.  DS is in a phase where he wants to run around every where and I really don't think my parents will be able to focus and pick out stuff with a 2 year old with them.  My mom tried to tell him. He works a lot and is trying to take advantage of having a Saturday off, but he seriously is delusional if he thinks he can get this done.  DS is pretty smart for his age and can seem older so when he does act like a 2 year old both my dad and FIL get so confused why he's acting like "that"
  • Options
    I'm the TW today. I've been holding off until August to make all the appointments for me & the kids, etc before baby is here. Now I'm double-booked on the day school starts, and the earliest I could get in to see my regular doc is 1 week before my RCS. Why do I do this to myself?!?! 
  • Options
    Every day some one at work says "are you sure you're not having twins?" "Holy crap your belly is huge, mine didn't ever look like that" along with "oh, you're just so skinny and all belly so that's why people joke you're having twins. You don't look pregnant from behind" what the f? Who DOES look pregnant from behind? I've never seen a person from behind and said oh, she's pregnant..because there's no bump back there! Lol *eyeroll* 

also some "oh, you're not going to make it to your due date. LOOK AT YOU!" 
  • Options
    Mine is a TW from this weekend. I went to a BBQ for my nephew's birthday, and I told my mom to stop feeding my dogs. Instead, she dumped out all the dregs from the bottom of a bag of chips onto the ground and of course my dogs start getting aggressive with each other (there's a reason they eat their meals in separate areas of our kitchen), and in the process one of them bit my leg. I now have tiny teeth marks on the front of my calf. At least it's not very painful and doesn't look infected, but seriously, don't feed my dogs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our dog! He's an outdoor dog and has an underground fence where he can run 2.5 acres worth (we have 5 acres total). His collar died this weekend and he noticed. We've had a coyote come visit our property twice in the past week and a family of four rabbits living in our fence line for over a month (probably why the coyote has been around). If we are outside he's been following their scent and going outside the fence boundary. He went into our corn field and came back on Saturday. I texted our neighbors to give them a heads up if they saw him. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from the neighbors that he was there. We had to go get him and we kept him in the garage for a while. His new collar gets here Wednesday. I don't want to deal with him running off at almost 40 wks pregnant!

TL:DR our dog is running off. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    SpotConlonSpotConlon member
    edited July 2017
    @bumpybump I just discovered a hole at the bottom of our fence where my in-law's mowed our grass. Of course, my tiny dog crawled under and bounced around the neighbor's yard for a while before I found a random plank of wood to cover it. Dogs running off is no joke! Good luck until Wednesday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SpotConlon funny thing, our neighbor just called thinking they had our dog. But it wasn't him (he's stayed home this entire day). So this must be "dogs run off" time or something.  :D

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Jaundice is a twat, I haven't shared my birth story yet, but Miles  is so big he broke his collarbone and has tons of bruising.    Therefore he has increased bilirubin and we can't go home.    We were supposed to go home last night and now we might not even go home tomorrow.   I miss the twins.
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama aw I'm sorry. Are his levels too high for a biliblanket? We used one at home for a week. 
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama oh no! I know what a broken collarbone usually means for the mom. Hope you're ok and healing!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @brookedeyo they didn't give us that option, I'll ask asap!
    @bumpybump I'm surprisingly fine, it was just a really long labor.   But poor Miles is having a rough go of it!
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama oh no!!!! I hope he heals quickly and that you all get to go home asap!
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 @smallbutmighty77 I them are you certified doctor so you can check and see, I been responding when people urk me with that. Also I am 5 feet tall so yes my belly is big but DH is 6'1 so I carry big.