March 2018 Moms
Options

Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)

124»

Re: Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)

• Options
    @chasingroygbiv thanks for the response. I did IVF so the dates are accurate but maybe because it was right on 10 weeks, it was just too early. 
  • Options
    I called Harmony  and was told that it looks like my insurance would bill it out of network. If they do, or it's not covered, Harmony limits the cost to $199. They gave me the billing code and insurance confirmed that it's out of network, which means it goes toward our higher deductible. But we're going to do it anyway. 

I called the dr's office to let them know I'd need to schedule the blood draw. When the nurse called back I asked if that meant we would not do the NT scan and she has to talk to dr. So... I have a visit and a blood draw and *maybe* a US next week, but not sure. Spent all morning on the phone. 

Also found out that our insurance cycle runs from April 1 to March 31, which means the deductibles and OOP expenses reset April 1. Baby better be on time! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FYI ladies, I have talked to two different women who have had the Materni21 test here and they had to wait 2 extra weeks because they didn't take enough blood, not to mention they had to go back and get more blood drawn. This occurred at two different labs in the same city. One of them told me the tech is supposed to ask you some questions such as are you having multiples. I'm having mine done tomorrow morning so I will post tomorrow with how many vials of blood were taken and what questions I was asked just as an FYI. I will make it clear to the tech I am having my blood drawn for a dna test so hopefully they won't screw up! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @HappyMonkey817 You can keep trying to get info from your insurance company. You can also call the testing companies again and ask what their rate is for no insurance. If they can get it from insurance, they'll bill them for a lot more than they would bill you. 

Regarding the amount of blood they took for me, it was two vials and I was I think 10+4 or so when it was drawn.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I was doing the same thing.  Mine took exactly nine days to get back with results.  I did them on 8/24 and got them back on September 1.  My doctor had them before the website refreshed to say "report sent to provider".  I called my doctor to nudge them along since I was having surgery on Monday in the event they were sitting on my results.  Good luck!  I hope they are in soon.
  • Options
    DDRRT1982 said:
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I was doing the same thing.  Mine took exactly nine days to get back with results.  I did them on 8/24 and got them back on September 1.  My doctor had them before the website refreshed to say "report sent to provider".  I called my doctor to nudge them along since I was having surgery on Monday in the event they were sitting on my results.  Good luck!  I hope they are in soon.
    Oh, interesting! I bet the doctor does have them then because today the insurance part updated to say "pending insurance."  Too late to call the doc today.  Maybe tomorrow will be the day!
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein ya, mine didn't actually change the billing status until they update the report status today.  It's worth a try.  So much anxiety until you get those back.
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I emailed Natera asking when they will release the actual report to me since my physician has released the results verbally to me and they said the portal is not real time and physicians set delays from two to 20 days before that info is released.  I presume it's to give them time to review and call.  It's definitely worth calling your doctor today.
  • Options