February 2018 Moms
Options

Drink Suggestions

Evening, mommas-to-be. I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second, and I'm in a drink rut. I don't drink sodas (and I'm limiting my ice tea intake), and water is starting to get old fast. Anyone else have this issue? What are you drinking to mix things up? 

Re: Drink Suggestions

• Options
    I'm drinking sprite with oj, o.j.,  milk, chocolate milk,  and Gatorades.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    kbialakbiala member
    I've been doing flavored sparkling water to change it up and add a little carbonation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe try infusing your water with fruit. It's not half bad. 
  • Options
    Mixing fruit in my water is usually as exciting as I get lol! But I do make smoothies and such such help change it up 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally forgot about infusing water! I did that last summer and hadn't even thought to try that! And OJ and sprite sounds fun! Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    Ginger beer (not alcoholic) had been a nice change. I kicked the soda habit a while ago but treat this like a cocktail now when we're out with friends, just to have something special.
  • Options
    clc515clc515 member
    Low sugar apple juice has been calming for my tummy. Usually get the honest company juice pouches (on sale). If you infuse water, try pineapple and strawberry! Have had a few vitamin waters too for sweetness. 
  • Options
    I've been drinking flavored seltzer water as well. I recently bought elderflower lemonade from Whole Foods. It is a pretty bottle! It's a tad sweet, but I mix it with seltzer. I also do smoothies in the morning for breakfast.

Drinking just water gets old pretty fast!
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    Flavored seltzer water, sometimes with a splash of juice. I'll sometimes add a few pieces of fruit and put the drink in a stemless wine glass. Also, virgin moscow mules when I feel like having something special. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I had a sparkling lemonade at dinner Saturday night because I was jealous of my husband's beer. It was really good! I don't drink full-sugar sodas, so I've been having diet ginger ale and G2, and Vitamin Water Zero. Plus lots of water to limit the artificial sweeteners.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I've been on a lemonade kick lately.  Making it at home a lot too, so I know exactly what's in it.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
     I drink a lot of Perrier  and every so often when I get a craving for a beer my grocery store carries non-alcoholic lemonade Radler's. They're basically lemonade flavoured  nonalcoholic beer.  As long as they are super ice cold they almost help me feel like I'm enjoying a beer.  ;) 
  • Options
    I am right there with you. I am so tired of water. I do not like carbonation, so no soda or seltzer for me. I have been drinking a lot of lemonade. Also caffeine free iced tea mix and the water flavoring drop things. I also made myself some jello as a way to help get liquids. 
  • Options
    starlastarla member
     I drink a lot of Perrier  and every so often when I get a craving for a beer my grocery store carries non-alcoholic lemonade Radler's. They're basically lemonade flavoured  nonalcoholic beer.  As long as they are super ice cold they almost help me feel like I'm enjoying a beer.  ;) 
    I've been drinking those too! Are you in Canada? I get the PC brand. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• Options
    @starla Ok where in Canada are you to get non alcoholic flavoured beer!? I want some!!! I'm in Manitoba where our liquor stores are separate from grocery stores, and admittedly I haven't been shopping in a liquor store for a while haha
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    @EmmyMommy123 I'm in Ontario. Some grocery stores just started selling booze, but this is just in the regular N/A soft drinks section. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Options
    I got this electrolyte tab called Nuun at Whole Foods, you just add to water and they have a bunch of good flavors and they don't seem to have anything bad in them. They have them on amazon as well. Also they fizz! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmmyMommy123 my province is pretty strict on alcohol too but the local superstore (Loblaws) carries the non alcoholic flavored beers

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    I've been mixing fruit juice with my water like limeaide or lemonade or fruit punch. With get the Simply fruit juices and they're tasty.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I still drink a lot of water but I also like LaCroix sparkling waters, 50/50 juice water mix, water with a skirt of those water enhancers, unsweetened iced tea, etc. We met friends out for drinks this weekend and I had lemonade mixed with club soda, mostly club soda though. I don't like drinking too much sugar. I try to keep that lower. I'd rather eat a cookie than drink a whole glass of juice.
  • Options
    @starla @sabriel1 thanks I'll check my superstore! This would be awesome as one of my strongest cravings is beer and everyone has told me the non alcoholic are not worth it! 
  • Options
    @EmmyMommy123 It's definitely not as good as alcoholic beer. However I've gotten used to it and it's good if you can put a splash of lemonade or grapefruit juice in it (or find the raddled). When I have a sip of DH's beer now it tastes so strong and bitter to me! Also, having it super cold helps. I put beer mugs in the freezer. :)
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Options
    I pretty much just drink water, LaCroix and occasionally unsweetened iced tea. I also love passion tango herbal tea from Starbucks.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @starla @sabriel1 I found the lemonade radler and am currently sipping it at the lake. Thank you, I am happy!!
  • Options
    starla said:
    I've been drinking those too! Are you in Canada? I get the PC brand. 
    Yes I am! PC brand rocks. 
    And when I said Perrier, I actually meant PC Blue menu sparkling water. Lol 
  • Options
    starla said:
    @EmmyMommy123 I'm in Ontario. Some grocery stores just started selling booze, but this is just in the regular N/A soft drinks section. 
    Yeah Im in Ontario too. I typically find it at any loblaws store or Costco.
  • Options
    starla said:
    @EmmyMommy123 It's definitely not as good as alcoholic beer. However I've gotten used to it and it's good if you can put a splash of lemonade or grapefruit juice in it (or find the raddled). When I have a sip of DH's beer now it tastes so strong and bitter to me! Also, having it super cold helps. I put beer mugs in the freezer. :)
    Yes, super cold is a must! 
  • Options
    I'm late to this thread but I love seltzer water, dezani and polar bands are the best.  read the labels of store brands because sometimes they sneak in aspartame. When I go out to eat I get plain old soda water with lemon..

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    I drink a lot of water and lemon water, but when I want something with more flavor, I love to splash juice in seltzer water (I only drink seltzer/sparkling without sweeteners).  The POM blueberry pomegranate is so good, and I recently discovered while out to dinner that soda water with pineapple juice and a splash of cranberry juice is yummy, too! 
  • Options
    Club soda with lime and mint is really good -- kind of tastes like a (virgin, sadly) mojito ;)