November 2017 Moms
Options

Glucose test!

Re: Glucose test!

• Options
    Mine is at the OB office. Blood test at 8:50, drink and sit with no water at 9, and minimal movement, blood test again at 10. Exercise lowers blood sugar, so they don't want anyone walking around. I'm amazed that places let you do it at home first!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 the instructions on the bottle I drink said "advise patient to be quiet for the duration of the test" which I asked my OB about and she said that just more meant they didn't want you to exercise. I understand that because it could throw the test off but I feel like just normal movement should be ok - my commute to the hospital is definitely not strenuous in any way and is quite short so I can't imagine it would affect the test thaaat much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am jealous you can take it at home.  They told me I had five minutes to drink it and they timed me and watched me drink it in the lab.  It is so  weird to me that it is done so differently everywhere.  
  • Options
    My results were fine but they did call and tell me If I'm not taking Vit D to start . 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Hahahaha... be quiet? That's so silly! I think the whole not being able to move, pee, drink water thing, etc. is so unnatural too. I just hope I pass so I don't have to deal with another.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I passed - 103 - yay! (although they discovered my anemia is back, no shocker)
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @angkay711 I had to drink it in 5 minutes as well but yeah, I'm happy they let me take it at home. I drank it, finished getting ready, and got my blood drawn as soon as I got there.

• Options
    Tip for people doing the 3 hr test with the fasting.
    Make sure you have a drive home. Dont plan to drive yourself, taxi or have someone pick you up. Seriously it was rough. 
  • Options
    I did mine today! After a half hour I was getting nauseous but made it through the hour. Waiting on my results. Did my 3rd tri blood work then too
  • Options
    I passed!!!! Mine was a 97. My other blood work had highs and lows but idk what they are..I couldn't understand the chart lol so I'll wait til they call me
  • Options
    @bcashaw ok now I'm super nervous. I've got to pick up my four year old right after the test is over.  :(. This is happening tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @lancomechica2  pack yourself a lot of snacks. I think my main issue was that by the time i finished the test i hadnt eaten in 16 hours
  • Options
    I'm taking mine on Wednesday. This is my first time taking it I keep getting mixed stories from everyone. I'll let everyone know how it went.
  • Options
    I'm here and packed a snack but CVS wasn't open before I got to my test and I wanted to buy some bars. 
    Hour 1 finished. Halfway through hour 2. 
  • Options
    Im doing mine right now! I was instructed not to fast. The drink was different than last time.. last time it was like orange soda this time it had no flavor just very sugary water. They told me not to drink anything while I wait. I have about 30 more minutes to go!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG that stuff burns the throat, I drank I chilled too, hurts my stomach. That must be a part of pregnancy your brain makes you forget. Time to go get some real food in me. 
  • Options
    I had my early glucose test in June and passed it. Had my last one last week and will find out next Tuesday if I passed. Super nervous and praying for great results again. 29 weeks as of today. Pregnant with twin baby girls! 
  • Options
    It's so interesting how different every office is. I guess mine gives you the drink at your appointment. You take it, then go down to the lab in an hour. No food restrictions or anything. I do know ingrt fruit punch at mine September 1. (I think I'm the last person for our month$ 
    My office is the same. No restrictions for eating before it. I drink the drink, have my normal check up during the 1hr wait, and then blood work after. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @lancomechica2 what a relief! I bet you are so excited.  
  • Options
    Congrats @lancomechica2 now for some cheesecake!
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    Failed my 1 hour. Bleh. Headed back for the 3 hour Monday morning. Hopefully I'll pass that! I only failed by 7 points. 
  • Options
    They didn't call me after my 1 hour and it was on Monday. I hope that means I passed. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am sitting at the lab now. Drank the drink 30 mins ago and for the first time I'm completely nauseous and I can't keep my eyes open!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cwalker042 hope it goes well so you can get out of there and get something to eat! 
  • Options
    I had my test done on Monday and this evening I received a voicemail from my OB office saying to call them tomorrow regarding my test results. I know that means I failed. They don't normally call to tell you it's normal. Depending on how badly I failed, I may refuse the 3 hour. With my last one I just barely failed and passed my 3 hour. I just don't have 3 hours out of my day to sit at the lab. Ugh! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jensfrogsjensfrogs member
    edited August 2017
    I did my test this morning. I had to fast for 12 hours. I had the orange drink and then blood drawn an hour after. It made me feel lightheaded and then very tired. The lab tech said that was normal. After I went and ate, I was starving. I have a prenatal appt next Wednesday and should get my results then. 
  • Options
    @cwalker042 oh no! I hope you don't have to take the 3 hour.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I passed my 3 hour! Thank goodness. @cwalker042 did you eat before your test? If you failed it that could be the reason. Everyone I've talked to said that's why they failed the 1 hour and had to take the 3 hour. Even the lab tech said you shouldn't eat before hand, even though my doc said it was fine. Probably why I failed the 1 hour...
  • Options
    No, I did not eat anything. I did it first thing at 7:30am. After the test the lab tech asked me if I ate or drank anything prior and I told him I had a few sips of coffee with minimal sugar and a little glass of OJ to take my prenatal. He put that in the computer. That why if I failed it by a little, I'm going to refuse the 3 hour. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I failed my one hour. Have to take the 3 hour on Wednesday. Not looking forward to it at all!
  • Options
    My 1 hour is finally tomorrow. Mystvenjoy the good stuff now 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    Yep, I failed my 1 hour. But not by a lot. Max is 130 mine was 159. I told her I don't want to do the 3 hour. I'm still waiting for the nurse to call me back. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, I failed my 1 hour. But not by a lot. Max is 130 mine was 159. I told her I don't want to do the 3 hour. I'm still waiting for the nurse to call me back. 
    159 is a pretty high number. The borderline numbers needs to be in closer to 140. I discussed this at length as my dr asked me to do the 3 he but told me I failed the test by a point at 141 and still thought I should take it. I would do the 3 hr just to be safe. What if you have GD? wouldn't you want to manage it?  GD is not serious but if not managed could have long term impact to both mother and child. 
  • Options
    I had the orange drink and other than feeling a little tired / little guy being more active than normal for that time of day, I think I passed. My office is the "no news is good news" type and said I wouldn't get a call unless I failed, but that I could call in 2-3 days for results if I want. They did this with another test years ago and they didn't call when it was bad news, so I will be calling... on Tuesday, after I've enjoyed my Labor Day festivities. Haha

• Options
    cwalker042cwalker042 member
    edited September 2017
    159 is a pretty high number. The borderline numbers needs to be in closer to 140. I discussed this at length as my dr asked me to do the 3 he but told me I failed the test by a point at 141 and still thought I should take it. I would do the 3 hr just to be safe. What if you have GD? wouldn't you want to manage it?  GD is not serious but if not managed could have long term impact to both mother and child
    Regardless if I have GD or not, they won't manage my care any differently. I am now up to visits every 2 weeks and once I hit 32 weeks (in 4 weeks) I'm being monitored by MFM twice a week for a growth scan the remaining 8 weeks. So I am already receiving more care than the normal pregnant mother. I'm not worried. I will pretend that I do have GD and alter my diet. I am the worst patient a doctor can have-I work in the medical field so I am non-compliant. I haven't talked to my doctor about this yet. My appointment is Wednesday and I'll discuss this with her then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I get it. Was not trying to tell you you are not doing the right thing. Was just reacting to those numbers based on what I discussed with my OB. Certainly if you are getting monitored and are mindful on the diet it won't matter too much.