April 2018 Moms

Why my SO is AWESOME! - week of 7/29

What's your H, F, P or SO doing to make you happy right now?
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Why my SO is AWESOME! - week of 7/29

• Weeks ago my uncle hired me to paint a retaining wall for him with penofin wood preservative. Well, today was the day to do it, but MH came out when I was getting started with it and declared that it was too toxic for me to be around and that he'd do it instead!  <3
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• With DH I'm totally getting spoiled in the food department! I get what I want when I want! It's pretty awesome! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We were at a potluck today and he grabbed me an extra 7 layer bar so "baby could have some sugar". lol
    DH(27) + Me (27) = 1/14
    Baby #1: Aug. 2016
    Baby #2: April 1st, 2018
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• He's currently at the grocery getting all the stuff to make dinner and is making me salmon patties since I told him I had been craving them earlier.
  • We've both been working all day trying to get the house ready for my youngest's birthday party (ton of neglected cleaning and yard work). He is currently willingly downstairs with both kids making dinner while I'm laying down resting! Yay for pregnancy breaks and a considerate husband!
  • We have an almost 1 year old so anytime I need a nap or want to sleep-in he gladly lets me and takes care of our son. Basically anything I want he gives me...which always involves food or sleep
  • He's not freaking out on me because I seized the car engine forgetting to get an oil change? Oh man. I did a number on it. I guess I'll give him credit for not just being angry AF

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • @sandbridge1030 that was the story to my previous car.... I wasn't pregnant so I didn't get a pass (oops)
  • Last night, he brought me a watermelon slush with nerds from sonic (even though it was insanely busy) and shared his salsa verde Doritos with me. The second ones a huge deal since they don't sell those in the Midwest and they're his favorite! 
    He literally says to me "is there anything I can do to help you or make you feel better?"
  • This morning my husband tore out 4 HUGE forsythia bushes because I didn't like how they block my view as I back out of our driveway. God bless that man. Not one single complaint did he make. Our toddler helped by taking away dump truck loads of dirt. :) 
  • MH is the greatest person I know. Not only did he read TCOYF so I didn't have to, he also is super conscious about making sure he's taking his share of the emotional labor in our marriage (so for example, he'll buy, write, and mail thank you cards without me asking him to, and he is just as invested in maintaining our daily work/home/social schedules so I don't have to remind him of anything ever). He's super great. The only thing he's not great at is sweeping/vacuuming, which are things that are really important to me because dirty, dusty floors gross me out hard. But today, friends. TODAY! The broom, mop and vacuum cleaner are being put to good use while I sit on the couch sipping seltzer. 

• @looeeze I feel like seltzer is the only thing I drink these days!! Thank god for La Croix!
  • @looeeze @saralee797-2 Yes! We went to Safeway last week and basically filled the cart with La Croix and Spindrift. I gotta say that all that carbonation might not be helping the bloat, but it sure is making me happy. I made lavender syrup and honey-ginger syrup yesterday to add to mine to liven them up a bit. I also really like a splash of 100% cranberry juice.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig Oooo tell me more about these syrups! 
  • @saralee797-2 Put 1 pt sugar (or honey) and 1 pt water in a saucepan and bring to a boil just for a couple of seconds (to dissolve the sugar). Add whatever you want to flavor it with (lavender flowers, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, orange or lemon zest, basil, etc) and let steep until cool, then strain it into a jar and keep in the fridge (use it up within a week or two). When I made the ginger one I brought the ginger to a boil with the honey and water because I wanted more ginger flavor, do you can do that too. I've also made one in the past that used pomegranate juice and dried roses, which was amazing!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• I've never tried that @hedgepig I could see that ginger one coming in handy if MS sneaks up!
  • Yesterday he willingly went and walked the trail with me and DS even though I know he didn't feel great. He's being very understanding with the I don't feel up to sex right now, bummer for us both because it was the opposite with my first. Lastly he does all the laundry all the time, I do still fold and hang but only because I'm picky
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• pghrenpghren member
    @hedgepig just curious, do you think those would work work as diy soda stream syrups? I've tried to do lemon before, but I found it wasn't strong enough
  • @allowachick Yes, definitely! I would just add it to taste to the bottle after carbonating. We do it with club soda too :)
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• My DH is the most amazing man I know. Even though he really, really wanted to be done, he still gave me a big hug when I told him last night. We are both still in denial, but I think he's also a little proud that we did it naturally. That was one of his complaints with REI and IUI. He is the only man I ever wanted children with, so I hope this little bean stays put.  <3
  • Getting up at night with my 5yo DS (who's decided this is the perfect week to start waking up all night like a newborn). DH is pretty new to being a step-dad, so him taking this on is kind of a big deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hello please help me if I am doing it wrong and don't post mean gif videos they hurt my feelings.

my DH Paul is great because he loves me and he works as a chef at a restaraunt called la Madeline. It is french cuisine.  He went to school to be a chef and he brings me home things he makes like cookies and cakes I like.  He works some late nights but he is a good chef.  I love him and I am happy to be his wife.  We got married 3 years ago in my church.  We had a sign interpreter at the wedding for our friends to hear too. I like it when be brings home food and he helps me with my homework from my class too.  We are a good family. Sometimes I am scared that my baby will have an accident like me when I was born and be different and be teased and I want my baby to be normal and have lots of friends.  My doctor says it will be ok and deaf isn't passed down.  DH Paul is the best husband because he loves me very much even though I am different than him.  He helps me and loves me.  Thank you all for being nice to me.  This is my only chat room here.  I have 4 friends who send me messages in my mailbox and that is nice.  I like getting messages in the mailbox.  I don't want to make any more mistake and someone tell me to leave please.  Happy we are all moms, Maggie