August 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ 7/29

How many other children do you have?

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Cravings:

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe? 

Re: STM+ 7/29

• Options

How many other children do you have? 1. DS is 2

How far along are you? 38 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Some swelling last night. I've felt better overall, but I'm just so tired. Pregnant vs pregnant wkth a toddler is a serious difference 

Cravings: Everything. Since he's dropped I can't stop eating.

Any appointments this week? Next Wednesday, growth ultrasound and preop. It's my last appointment!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just tired. Ready to sleep on my back. It'll still be a while till belly sleeping since I'm having a c section 

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe? I don't think he's any more like one of us than the other. Not sure about the next one.

• Options

How many other children do you have? 1 

How far along are you? 39+1

More Braxton Hicks. Otherwise everything is the same right now. 

Cravings: sweets. The other day I had a piece of chocolate cake, half a donut and some Oreos. I suck. 

Any appointments this week? Had one yesterday. Ultrasound looked good! Don't know about dilation. Go back Wednesday then induced on due date Thursday. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe? 

I really don't know. I guess my son has my sassiness but he loves the outdoors and being social like his dad. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How many other children do you have?  One, DS is two years old, and the terrible two's have come out in full force this past week!

How far along are you?  37 weeks 6 days.  Today's the day my water broke with DS, so I'm a little on edge haha.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  I agree with @Southernmama15 said....it's way harder to be pregnant with a toddler!  And way harder to be pregnant in the heat of summer vs. the winter.

Cravings:  Anything super cold.  I can't get enough ice water and gatorade, but it makes me pee constantly.

Any appointments this week?  I go Monday for my 38 week checkup.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?  DH and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary yesterday.  <3<3 

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe?  I honestly don't know who my son takes after.  DH and I are both pretty shy and reserved, and DS is a complete social butterfly.  He's hysterical.  Looks wise, he definitely takes after my hubby though!  Not sure yet about this baby... only time will tell!  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How many other children do you have? One 2.5 yr old daughter 

How far along are you? 38 weeks today 

Just feeling really uncomfortable and tired. 

Cravings: fruit 

Any appointments this week? I have my last weekly check up in an hr then next week I have my RCS

Rant/Rave/Questions?

She's a lot like I was at her age, stubborn, opinionated, wild. But she's picky about food like her dad was. I'm hoping this new one gets some hidden genes I'm carrying from my side- my dad and brother were both easy babies who slept all the time. 

• Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member

How many other children do you have? 2

How far along are you? 36 weeks today

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I'm having frequent contractions, especially in the evenings and at night. Almost called last night but they fizzled out. Similar to my other pregnancies but I think the frequent contractions started later with #2 than #1.

Cravings: Cereal

Any appointments this week? I had one on Wednesday and OB said I'm 2cm. I have another one this upcoming Monday

Rant/Rave/Questions? Early labor symptoms suck and really mess with your head. It's especially annoying when you have to worry about childcare for your other kids so you don't want to call if it's not the real thing. 

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe?  My daughter is definitely like me in many ways. My son I would say is much more like my husband. I'm just going to say I think this one will be like my daughter and me.

BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options

How far along are you?

49w1d 

So many early labor signs. I even called my OB last night for advice. I'm have regular contractions they just aren't increasing in pain yet. TMI lots of bowel movements and overall just feeling ready to have a baby

Cravings:

Chick-fil-a Watermelon mint lemonade! 

Just left my appointment. I'm progressing so my contractions are actually productive! 3 cm, 80% effaced but baby is still high. Baby is likely over 9 lbs at this point so he offered induction but I declined. 

Hubs and I are spending the rest of our day shopping so I can help this baby get ready! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I'm getting so excited to meet my guy! I keep going through my hospital bags and baby stuff because it helps quench my excitement. WE ARE ALMIST THERE!!! 

DS is a crazy like me. We are almost the same person. DD is exactly like my hubs, independent and quiet but don't mess with her lol

• Options
    @SouthernMama15  I didn't realize how much I like to sleep on my belly until this pregnancy.  I miss it so much.

@OTmom3  I feel you on the child care, it is one of my biggest stresses right now.  My labor with DS was 9 hours and my mom lives 3 1/2 hours away.  We have back up in town but I want it as stress free for DS as I can make it.

How many other children do you have? DS who is 3.5

How far along are you? 37 + 6

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  All I want to do is sleep, which I don't remember with DS, but I also had a lot more free time.

Cravings:  Normally watermelon is one of my least favorite fruits and now I can't eat enough of it.

Any appointments this week? I had a basic check in Weds and another next Weds where I will have my first cervical check.  Curious to see how things are going.  With DS I had nothing going on until labor started.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I am getting a little sad that my one on one time with DS is almost over.  It has been the 2 of us (while DH is at work) for almost 4 years now and it will be so different adding another kid into the mix.

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe? He has my personality for sure.  Reserved and worried about following the rules, I hope he relaxes a little as he gets older.  He looks like me but has DH is coloring.  I have no idea with this one but I am excited to see what she looks like.  It is pretty much a genetic grab bag between DH and myself so it will be interesting to see what coloring this one gets.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How many other children do you have? 3

How far along are you? 34w + 5d

What symptoms are you having? I'm just exhausted & uncomfortable at this point, and still have 4 weeks to go!  How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Each pregnancy has been different. 

Cravings: All the food! I'm so hungry. All. The. Time. 

Any appointments this week? Not this week, next week & then weekly. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have no idea how I'm functioning at this point being preggo, having a toddler on my hip, and two crazy boys running around. At least most of their back-to-school stuff I've taken care of, and only a couple more weeks before they are at school during the day. I'm shamelessly looking forward to that.  o:)

DS1 is his daddy made over. Mentally & psychically. No doubt about it. His stubbornness & ADHD (just like DH) is already becoming a problem. His teen years ought to be fun!   

DS2 is way more emotional & has some anxiety issues, like me. However, he is the sweetest soul on the planet. 

DD is so different from the boys, and it such a natural nurturer (like mama), but is the biggest daddy's girl. I'll ask for a kiss, and she'll turn right around & kiss Daddy instead! Turkeybutt. 

I'm hoping DS3 will be laid back like Daddy, but not stubborn like DH & DS1. I just hope I'm not raising a**holes!

• Options

How many other children do you have? 1, 3 yr old DD

How far along are you? 39+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Pelvic pain, exhaustion, nightly heartburn. The only one of those I recall with DD is the heartburn at the very end.

Cravings: Ice cream 

Any appointments this week? Had one Tues. No changes. 2 cm, softened, and a high baby

Rant/Rave/Questions? My oldest sister is about to arrive in the states for their summer visit. She's one who it's all about her when they are here and they ignore their kids and leave everyone else to tend to them. My other sister and I are so sick of it! Normally we go back home and visit so everyone is together. Obviously not happening this time for us. Well, my sister keeps asking me about when baby will be here and thus, when our parents will be out here because she needs to know for their plans. For once their time is the states aren't centered totally around them and she can't stand it. But she's driving me crazy!

DD is outgoing and social like me (DH has even commented on how different she is from him socially) but she's a lot more laid back than I am so she definitely gets that from DH. This LO, well, judging by its internal movement only, he/she will be a busy body like me and adventurous like DH (he likes skydiving and more risky things like that). 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

2 boys - 8 and 5

How far along are you?

35+5

I have the typical third trimester aches and pains, but I generally feel good.  Insomnia is back in full force, which leads to exhaustion.  I have BH and some cramping from time to time, but no patterns of anything yet.  I'd like the baby to stay put for the next 3-3.5 weeks.

Cravings:

Sweets and fruit.

I had a regular checkup on Tuesday and now start going weekly until my c-section.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DS2's behavior is all over the place.  When he behaves, it's so nice, but when he doesn't, which is happening more often than not, it drives me crazy and makes me wonder how we're going to handle 3.  I also worry how he's going to behave in K.  He seems to think not listening is funny and loves to test new people.

My kids have such different personalities.  DS1 is quiet at first, but social once he's comfortable.  He's very laid back and adaptable.  He's very curious and loves learning.  DS1 is probably more like DH.  I joke with DH that DS2 got many of our worst qualities.  DS2 is spirited, high energy, adventurous and fiercely stubborn and independent.  He's a jokester and has a huge personality.  He's also very sweet and loving.  I hope this baby's personality is similar to DS1, but I have a feeling I'm going to have another active little one who's always on the go.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

How many other children do you have? DD is almost 15 months

How far along are you? 37 today.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? The heartburn is killing me right now. I never had it with DD. Cramps and contractions and a weird shooting pain in my leg.

Cravings: water

Any appointments this week? Thursday 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: who's personality (you or SO) do you children align with? Any predictions about this babe? DD is a total mixture of both of us and completely her own personality. She is wild and outgoing which is like DH when he was younger but not anymore. We are both pretty introverted and she certainly can be but mostly she's super friendly and wants to be the life of the party.

Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    How many other children? Two, 5 yr old DD, 3 yr old DS.

How far along? 37+2 

Whar symptoms? Compared? This baby has felt heavier on my pelvis.. probably because she's weighing .5-1lb more than my other two kids were right now. Guessing that is why. I feel tired, nauceous, full, but aside from that I'm happy but hope she comes in the next 2 weeks.

Cravings? Water, sleep, ice cream but too full for ice cream lol.

Rant/Rave? Ok, taking a pole- of people with 3+ kids, did the 3rd come around the same as the other two kids? My first 2 kids were 5&10 days early, my mom (3 kids) had all of us were 11 days early, I know it's a crap shoot, but curious anyway. I'm hoping this full moon on the 7&8th helps! Normally I wouldn't care or be curious but I have to work up until my due date this time around, so I'm wondering! 

GTKY: Personality of kids? My DD is similar to myself and my husband, laid back, but doesn't take sh$t. My DS is a tough kid, sticks up hardcore for himself, not laid back, but super sweet. I think the being tough part is like my husband, the rest is all him, he's all unique. 
  • Options
    @KyCade3013

DS came at 40w3d. I was induced due to an aged placenta

DD came at 38w6d. I was induced due to high BP. 

With this guy, I really want to go into spontaneous labor so I'm hoping he doesn't follow his sibs' footsteps!!!! 
  • Options
    Ahh it's so hard! Maybe 3rd times a charm for both of us!! I hope!