January 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Options
    oh man this is about my best friend. let me just say I love her. She is my sister and such a wonderful person. But, she completely changed with her new boyfriend. And I know people change, I have changed over the years, its expected. But I miss my friend that would go to bars to dance and hear live bands with me, or down a bottle of wine and be down to earth with me. When she started dating her new bf all her other hobbies were dropped for his hobbies. Not that its bad but she would get annoying when talking about his money. "Oh my boyfriends $100k motorcycle" or "Oh it sucks this weekend we have to go out on the other boat because the big boat is being repaired". Or the ridiculous amount of mushiness (she was never mushy before, and knows im not a mushy person but omg the amount of PDA and amount of sex talk was ridiculous and just not like her, no one cares how much you bone unless its a funny boning story) .Anyway that was when she lived near me. Then they moved to Key West...... She literally posts the same damn pics everyday gloating about her life. Its literally about 25 pics every day, and they are all the same shots! Not only that she talks about how "boring" her life use to be back in Maryland. Like, hello? You have friends that still live here and it feels like you are putting us down. I'm so glad she is happy but its almost like she is "too good" for anyone that doesnt live in Key West. btw her bf is an asshole and she knows it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs Ugh. That is hard and would definitely frustrate me as well. I would hope that after a certain amount of time, the behavior would stop. I also imagine that typically when people gloat via FB and/or talking about how much money they have/how expensive their things are, they are masking a vast insecurity. Does she have children? Want children? Would she like to be married? Maybe she wishes her life was different in some substantial way... Oh and I've vacationed in Key West and lived in Maryland. If I had to pick where to live, I'd pick Maryland in a heartbeat  :)
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate living in Tennessee. I've been here for 12 years and I'm over it, especially after the election I just can't stand seeing the people here, which is also an UO that I'm not even starting today.  We're like thiiissss close to moving to Maine next year I think. DH is from Maine, I'm from CA and I just miss the beach. I realize there is snow more often than beach time, but I never imagined raising my kids here, I have always imagined them being beach babies like I was and I'm just itching to move really bad. We have no family here, his is all there, mine are in CA, but DSS lives here and even though it's always DH idea to go to Maine, I think he'd have a hard time actually leaving. I don't know that this is a FFFC but it's a confession of sorts. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 She wants to get married but he isnt about the marriage life. She is open to kids but we are pretty sure she cant, and even so her bf doesnt want any kids since he already has some. It is weird. Her life is so perfect on fb but then she will email me about how things are all going wrong. I actually notice that with a lot of people on fb. The more perfect their life seems the more broken it can be in real life. I have quite a few friends that have the picture perfect life on fb and then they call talking about how they are on the verge of divorce. Its so confusing! 
    Im not saying Maryland is the best. Honestly I only moved back here to be with my family (and we could be living in San Diego:'( ) But I just think its so rude to put another persons hometown down. But also, I fell like water water everywhere could get boring, yes its beautiful but it looks like just water to me and I need a variety lol. 

What part of MD did you used to live?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs So interesting about your friend. I lived near College Park but technically in glamorous Hyattsville lol. 
    *TW*

• Options
    Pulled up to my doctors office for my monthly check up. Person in the car next to me is smoking.  Happen to look at the person as I'm getting out of my car, it's a hugely pregnant woman. Took every ounce of self control to not say something to her then and there.

Just thinking about it now and I'm still shaking my head. Really kind of want her to walk in to the doctor's waiting room while I'm there so I can say "have a good cigarette out there?"

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @Shanski70 UGH that is the worst. Seriously awful.
    *TW*

• Options
    @Shanski70 God people suck and are so selfish. I mentioned yesterday I work near the NICU in my hospital. You know why some of those poor babies are in there? Because thier selfish mother smoked Meth while pregnant and they are withdrawing. 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 oh yehhhhhh I do recall asking you before. College Park can be a lot of fun ;P 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oooh....DH's cousin has pissed me off. We are on a family vacation and we brought our dog. He has warmed up to everybody (like we expected him to) except this cousin and he has very obviously indicated his discomfort when the cousin approaches (barking, cowering, avoiding, even growling once). If this cousin is ignoring him, the dog is fine. But this cousin (who is 32 freaking years old) will not leave him alone! He keeps trying to approach, or even trying to corner him. Not okay! So far I've handled it by removing my dog from the situation by finding reasons to get up and leave the room (it falls to me because the dog won't leave my side and DH and I aren't always together) but if it happens again I don't think I'll be able to contain myself. There is absolutely no reason for this behavior. 
  • Options
    PhillymommaX2PhillymommaX2 member
    edited July 2017
    Shanski70 said:
    Pulled up to my doctors office for my monthly check up. Person in the car next to me is smoking.  Happen to look at the person as I'm getting out of my car, it's a hugely pregnant woman. Took every ounce of self control to not say something to her then and there.

Just thinking about it now and I'm still shaking my head. Really kind of want her to walk in to the doctor's waiting room while I'm there so I can say "have a good cigarette out there?"
    Ughhh my sister in law smoked through her entire pregnancy and my poor nephew was exposed to second hand smoke from both parents through his whole tiny life. 
     Deleted the trigger warning ... a friend of SIL is on the bump and I don't want her to see it. Sorry for the DD!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    I let my hormones get the best of me yesterday. I needed a secondary draw for my sequential screening. Called ahead like the paperwork said and came at the time the woman at the front desk told me too. I signed in and then waited in the reception area. I was the only patient at first, then I saw 3 other ladies trickle in, get called back and actually leave.
    About 45 min in someone else at the desk asks me if I have checked in. Mind you, the original woman is still sitting there and doesn't think to mention that I've been there waiting for a long time. The woman who draws the blood enters the desk area not long after, waves at me and says she will be with me shortly. She then proceeds to sit down and return patient phone calls to schedule appointments. She did this for 10 minutes before I got up and yelled at her while she was on the phone with someone. It was lunch time, I was hungry and I lost my cool. Note, this was interaction with the lab lady happened at noon and the place shuts down from 1130 to 1230 for lunch. They were all at the desk eating and doing admin tasks instead of getting me out of there.

I'm sure that she thought I had just got there and that no one gave her the memo, in hindsight. I'm feeling a little guilty about my treatment of her. 

I was so mad though. I had to drive 30 min to get there and waited an hour before they finally saw me for the 60 second stick. I was so irritated because I told my boss I'd only be gone for a short time.

• Options
    @supercoolstephy What part of Maine is your Hubby from? (if you're comfortable saying, of course) I am from Maine and so few people are from here! We're in Augusta, the capital. 
  • Options
    I probably wouldn't have been able to hold back, @Shanski70!
    And wow, @PhillymommaX2, that is heartbreaking. 
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop we're looking at buying in Lyman. If we do. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Here's a bad confession: Saturday morning I ate a snickers bar for breakfast. >> 

I was good the rest of the day though!