July 2016 Moms

Re: FFC Friday!

• Loading the player...
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    All the yeses! I saw a neighbor friend of mine driving around with his 4y/o in the front seat. Same friend that recently got a ticket in our neighborhood for driving "only 12 mph" over the speed limit. I told DH that AJ is never to be in a car with that guy driving. 

Side note for the newb- what does FFC stand for? 
  • @FTM53 - that is terrifying.  only 12??  15 is a reckless op. ticket....yikes.  I don't know what FFC is either, ha.
  • Flame Free Confession :) 

Back when the group was snark(ier), the idea was you could post your confession without judgement i.e.: getting flamed. That's not how it always turned out... but, confessions are fun. And typically, at least one, or several people have been there done that. 
  • Yes on the car stuff, I get so irritated when people are so unsafe in the car! Also why I'm very doubtful if I will ever let my kids ride with my dad, he is literally the scariest driver I know and it doesn't matter what you say to him because he thinks he has it under control. He hardly wears a seatbelt, never uses a turn signal, texts while driving (and has to use readers!!) and speeds like an insane person. Ugh it makes me crazy. So far there hasn't been an occasion where P has needed to ride with him for any reason so I haven't had to take my stand but the day will come and I'm dreading it.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Same with the baby proofing! I am (very soon) going to do the dangerous cabinets! Don't need to be calling poison control because I turn my head for a split second but the others aren't dangerous. 

• FTM53FTM53 member
    @shanparadise I'm so happy for you! Gosh, your daycares sound awful! I'd keep AJ home, too.

I'm the complete opposite. I fought to keep him in our current daycare part time. They send an education note home every week and all the staff are either in college for early childhood education or have a degree in it. We pay and arm, leg, and boob full of breastmilk for it, but it would take me over 40 hours a week to do what they do in 16. 
  • Not a FFC, but related to the conversation

We also do daycare about 15 hours a week (we work off-shifts) and F starts in the TODDLER room Monday. This mama is freaking out. Although there's way less kids in there than the infant room, so that's the main upside. But still--how do we have toddlers already?!
  • winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited July 2017
    Since you all are talking about it, how far in advance did you have to choose a daycare? I managed to stay home this first year with strict budgeting and a little income from my Etsy business, but with baby #2 on the way I'm starting to stress out about money (especially insurance) and am considering going back to teaching next school year. Which honestly might not even work since it's fully possible that daycare for two will be too expensive for a teaching salary but still, thinking about it now! There's one right across the street from my house that is on the lower budget end for our area, but it would be about half my monthly income I think. And I don't think it's a very good one....how did you choose??

ETA: DH does have a full time stipend while he's going through his PhD program, but we use every bit of it plus whatever I can bring in to pay our bills. So no wiggle room there for the next 4-5 years! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!