September 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Meausring ahead on US / Low Fluid Levels

I have diet controlled gestational diabetes, so at my 34 week appointment today, they did a growth scan. My daughter was measuring 2 weeks ahead and already 6.5 pounds! While we definitely need to watch this, this can of course be expected with GD. My first daughter (also had GD) was 8.5 pounds when she was induced at 38 weeks, so I'm used to a bigger baby. However, my fluid levels on the US were also low -- a 5.4. Usually, it's the opposite with GD -- your fluid levels may run higher. 

My midwife has instructed me to rest this weekend and drink water like it's my job. She said my body may just be dehydrated -- we had very high temps last week and I had to work an event outside last Friday for 5 hours with a 101 heat index. She wants me to come back in and check fluid again on Monday. If levels haven't gone up, or haven't gone up much, they may keep me a while and do an IV. 

Anybody else struggling with low fluid? Or has a baby measuring ahead (not just your belly, but actually baby measurements)? I just can't help but feel like I've done something wrong to cause this. My sugar numbers have overall been really good, and I've been really proud for avoiding medication this time (had to use it with my daughter) but she's still ending up big. So I'm just bummed :( Due to today's fluid issue, and her size, my MW has gone ahead and scheduled an induction for 39 weeks, just in case. But we will take it week by week. 

Re: Baby Meausring ahead on US / Low Fluid Levels

• Options
    There's plenty of discussion on the GD thread or weekly high risk check-in. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    ^^agree to come over to the GD discussion but Fwiw, my DS was large (8lb 8oz) at 38 weeks with no GD. Not sure about the fluids but if you are controlling the GD with either diet/diet insulin and proper medical care (not fudging your numbers) then the answer is no. This isn't something you've done. But please do heed the advice of your OB. Rest and drink water like it is going out of style.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't heard of anyone having low fluid yet in our threads. Listen to your doctor and I hope things stay stable!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: