March 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In (07-26 week)

This is a safe space for those who are pregnant after a loss. General TW for this thread.

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

GTKY: What is helping you to relax this pregnancy?

Re: PGAL Check In (07-26 week)

• Options
    How far along are you? 5+2

Going for more bloodwork today. Will be going weekly until my first appointment on August 24

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):
    All of these loss posts are really breaking my heart. I just read 3 in a row and now I'm freaking out. I feel so sorry for the women experiencing these and am just so fearful that's going to be me again. 

GTKY:
    I am really focusing on the 80% success rate rather than 20% of MC. I'm also just trying to breathe and take things one day at a time. August 24 (my first appointment) seems so far away. So I keep telling myself it's less than a month and trying to be positive about how I say that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Post will be full of TW due to waiting to see if this is a loss.

How far along are you?
    I honestly have no idea at this point.

Repeat u/s on Aug. 7 to either confirm loss or confirm viability and correct due date.

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    I'm not doing well at all. At my confirmation u/s on Monday, as I'm sure most of you have seen, the baby was measuring 6w2d when I should have been roughly 7w2d along. I expected to be off by a couple days since I don't know when I ovulated, but a week is pretty much impossible since we only dtd once in the month of June. Also, the heartbeat was "on the slow side." The doctor said it looks like it either just started beating since they're slow and erratic at first or it's on its way out and will stop soon. These next two weeks are going to be torturous for me. I just want some closure or peace of mind.

To make matters worse, the MS has kicked in big time. I threw up repetitively in the shower this morning and haven't been able to eat much due to aversions and nausea. It really sucks to have all these pregnancy symptoms and to have it potentially not be viable.

Telling myself I've already lost this pregnancy because then there's nothing to lose.
  • Options
    hugs @journogrl23. I hope the next week and half flies by and you see a healthy baby at your next appointment.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23, the wait between ultrasounds is so impossible. Especially given these circumstances. I wish they would have brought you in sooner. 2 weeks feels cruel to me. I'll be thinking and praying for you. 
  • Options
    @becausescience, I'm with you on the late due date. With my last two pregnancies I was due the first week of the month and it was awesome to be "ahead of the crowd". Seeing everyone's US's are encouraging but also make me long even more for that first appointment!
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23, I'm sorry you're in such an emotional limbo, and feeling sick on top of it.  Hoping for time to pass quickly for you, and for the best news possible from here on out.

How far along are you?
    5w5d

First ultrasound at 7 weeks, a week from Friday

I am doing okay, mostly. I wish I had more/stronger pregnancy symptoms, but it is what it is (and it's still early). Not having any new information for the past almost-2 weeks has been kind of nice - nothing else to google or specifically to obsess over at this point. Like others have mentioned, I struggle a bit with all of the threads on this board that seem to assume a living baby in 8 months - for the most part, I avoid those. And, @justkeeptrying, my heart is also breaking for those losing their babies.  

If we hadn't lost our son, I would have been induced this Friday (and his due date is the date of my first ultrasound with this pregnancy). Trying not to dwell too much on that, and hoping to start layering some happy memories on top of the painful ones associated with August and March.     

Going on walks, and giving myself permission to crawl in bed in the evenings if I'm tired and just laze watching TV for a few hours before falling asleep early. 
  • Options
    @becausescience My doctor won't do betas from here on out because she said the only way that office confirms viability is by u/s at this stage. I asked because I wanted to know how it was looking and was hoping for confirmation either way.

@eller-2  I'm so sorry your son's induction date is coming up and his due date coincides with your first u/s. I hope things go well for you so you're able to make some happy memories.
  • Options
    This is a safe space for those who are pregnant after a loss. General TW for this thread.

How far along are you?
    9-10 weeks 

8 days. 8 days. Next u/s, appt with MFM and Genetics.

I'm okay. I have noticed cramping if I walk too much and that totally freaks me out. I'm also getting extremely nervous with the loss posts. My heart hurts for everyone, it's a pain I wish no one else had to feel. 

Changing my thought process if I start to go down the wrong path. Doppler is also helping, but I know it won't keep it from happening. 
  • Options
    @becausescience, @justkeeptrying, I hear you both on the late due dates!  I was also due in the first week of the month last time - and appreciated that as I should have!  Kind of relatedly, I recently had a friend find out she was pregnant at 5+ weeks, and I was jealous - the first few weeks are so scary (even for those of us who haven't had an early loss).
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 Hugs! I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

@becausescience @justkeeptrying I feel you about the late due date. Mine is the 31st, so I might even have an April baby, lol. I was due on the 1st of the month with my son.

@eller-2 I found out at 6 weeks with my DS and was on a trip, so I didn't really have time to worry. It is so different this time. I found out before 4 weeks and all I can do is worry.

How far along are you? 4w4d

First ultrasound on Aug 8th. Waiting 2 weeks is going to be so hard.

I am an anxious mess. Last time, I was told at my first ultrasound that there was nothing in the gestational sac and that it was probably not viable. Waiting these 2 weeks until my ultrasound is killing me. I really want to see if anything is there. Also, I had some symptoms a few days ago, but now I am just really really tired and a bit crampy. I know that it is normal for symptoms to come and go, and it is still really early, but it still worries me. Seeing all of these loss posts breaks my heart. No one should have to feel that.

Keeping busy helps me the most. I am focusing on my 13 month old son, going to lots of play dates, and talking to my friends that were so supportive the last time. 
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018

• Options
    Question...who all have you told about your pregnancy?

DH and I have very different views. He wants to keep things pretty quiet while I want to shout it from the rooftops. With our first loss, only family knew. And I found it so hard to tell people "we were pregnant, but now we aren't". With our second loss I was 15 weeks, so we had just that week announced on Facebook. Then we had to announce that we had lost the baby. While that was hard, we felt an unbelievable sense of support. 

I'm just curious if anyone on here has told anyone. So far we've told my parents and my sister and her husband. No one else. DH wants to wait a few more weeks until we tell his parents and after our 9.5 week appointment to tell my brother and our best friends. 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying We have not told anybody. I'm waiting until after our first u/s to tell family. Then at 12 weeks we'll tell friends, work, and extended family. Social media will be after anatomy scan. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    We are being relatively open about our pregnancy this time around.  Last time, we told family immediately (hard not to when you're visiting them - and not drinking wine - around the holidays), close friends mid-to-late first trimester and work after our 13.5 week appointment.  We lost our son just before 22w, and it was very hard that everyone knew and our grief was so public, yet I can't imagine going through that without a lot of support (and patience from work).  We never announced on social media, which I was grateful for, and I suspect this time around I'll hesitate to do so until very late in the game.

Main difference this time around is I've told a handful of close friends already - I would tell them if we had a miscarriage, and I figured I could use the extra, early support.  I'm not planning to tell work until the second trimester, but I'm willing to do so if my job gets too crazy (as it tends to do) or if I'm having anxiety at some point that's affecting my work (which hopefully won't be the case).
  • Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited July 2017
    7wks with baby #3 (Pg #6 / 3 ectopics) 

U/S on Friday. OB is going to do weekly or biweekly u/s until we get the lv 4 u/s at 12wks to confirm LO is ok (I was on some class D meds for the first couple weeks, so I am so relieved OB is keep a close eye on LO) 

Tired. 

Edit - GTKY: Pokemon. Gotta Catch 'Em All. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't told anyone except for my Grandma because we needed a sitter for an appointment. I don't even know when to tell my kids at this point..
  • Options

How far along are you? 6w6

Any appointments coming up? Tomorrow... viability scan

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) ok. I'm pretty nervous for tomoriw and I'm trying not to let my head go there. Assuming everything is ok, I'm dreading the long wait after that. This fall our baby stopped growing at 7w1. Like, the day of my u/s basically. So I'm really moving into an anxious period.

GTKY: What is helping you to relax this pregnancy? I'm trying to keep busy. I purposely filled my time this week (nothing major... play dates, errands.  Just not sitting around the house). That really really helped. When I met not busy I end up stewing

i have told my family, which is a given. I always tell them right away. I've told more friends, like my local board. We would have told my ils  when they visited but they didn't want to have a single moment alone with us to talk soooo Nevermind. I told fewer ppl than normal for me with our loss and I so regretted it. I learned that I am a person who needs that wave of support. I wish I had even out it on Facebook tbh. It was too hard to tell people 'so I was pregnant and now I'm not' so I felt like I was going through this awful life altering struggle that felt like it was written over my face but no one knew and I had to try to fake it when I didn't really want to, and wanted the understanding and support

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    We've already told our families, including our extended families. We planned to go ahead and tell friends after the first u/s, but since that didn't go so well, we're waiting until after the next one. I kind of wish we had gone ahead and told close friends, because I'm pretty open with them about my first loss and will be with this one too if it ends that way. Loss is such a common thing I wish we didn't have to feel ashamed or secretive of it. It's something that happened to me and changed who I am and it'll always be a part of me. But having said that, I'm not comfortable just yet telling the world about my loss, potentially losses, so I'll wait to announce on Facebook until 14ish weeks either this time or the next time if this one isn't viable. With DD we waited until a couple weeks after the anatomy scan. I don't think I'm going to be that cautious this time. Or next time.
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying we told immediate family within a week or two of our BFP. After the first ultrasound at 6 w, we told the rest of our family and close friends. After our 8w ultrasound we just went ahead and announced on social media since my husband had pretty much told everyone we know already, lol. We have been open about our losses on social media, the Oct. I conceived my son I shared a post during Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't posted much, maybe a bit tentative to get too involved just yet...but seeing all the stories and words of encouragement in the community has been great. I'm praying the best for every one of you.

How far along are you?

9 weeks

Finally yes, on Monday. First appointment, it's apparently a busy month so that was as early as I could get in.

How are you doing?

Normal systems...fatigue and PMS on steroids. I'm definitely in my head this week though. I feel pretty positive about Monday, but last time we had a perfectly good 8 week u/s and then 3 weeks later the baby was gone. That's the head junk, what if that happens this time, it's almost harder...

For when do you tell...I try to keep it under the radar generally, but told a couple of friends I saw in person. My mom has been out of the country, but I will tell her next time we talk. I took a similar approach last time and I find it made it easier to handle the loss, having a support system that knows what's going on and to talk to if needed. I know I'm lucky though...I know women with family that does not make it easier, Imagine MIL comes over to see how you are doing and she's the one has a meltdown over it crying on my friend's shoulder? They never announced to them early on again. So I guess the answer is whatever makes sense for your circle.

Deep breaths, getting out on my bike, acupuncture.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6w 2d (updated because of dated gestational sac)

8/2 with GYN for viability check then 8/4 with a nurse midwife (great hospital, I hear). BTW, I have a 3rd appt at a birthing center at the end of August. (By Aug 31, I will make a decision between the birthing center and the very reputable hospital.) Prefer a home birth but...

Doing okay since I passed the 5+6 mark of my mc last time. (Takes just a little bit for me to cling to hope.) Felt pretty okay until this morning. My fatigue has kicked into overdrive. I have been meaning to check all TB boards and post and grade papers for a class I'm teaching but I can barely keep my eyes open. Now, I feel nauseous. (Sigh) How am I supposed to function?

Well, prayer, yoga, acupuncture, therapy. Family and friends. And this month off from work.

I'm thinking of all of you (too exhausted to tag) navigating symptom increase/decrease, discouraging ultrasounds, and the emotional roller coasters of reading other posts. One day at a time! I must say, I love having the support and hope to continue on this journey with you all.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SoraLkSoraLk member
    How far along are you? 5weeks 4 days

Hopefully an ultrasound in two weeks to determine the viability. My doctor is worried that my insurance won't cover it because it's not "medically necessary", so I guess I'll need to call them and double check.

I'm doing okay. I'm having horrible nausea that's making me worry if I'm getting enough nutrients, but otherwise I'm fine right now.

Honestly, just knowing that this pregnancy is in the right spot is helping a ton.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    @JournoGrl23, how painful for you. I agree with the other comments, they should have brought you in earlier.

@pghctwife, I'm happy that you'll be able to get an u/s in the next couple of weeks.  

How far along are you?
    5 weeks 5 days

No... so first, I am jealous of all of you with appointments! I put my name on the waitlist for a midwife this week, and as that may take a while, tomorrow will start the hunt for an OB. (With losses, I find it hard to make those calls.) 

It doesn't seem real, and won't seem real, until I've heard a heartbeat or had an ultrasound (which under normal circumstances where I live won't happen until 12 weeks). I don't have a ton of symptoms yet, which is freaking me out a bit. Just before six weeks in my other pregnancies I had strong food aversions. I can't tell if the mild ones I have are in my head or real! Also, in my other pregnancies I had early ultrasounds due to spotting. I knew around six weeks if I had a heartbeat or not. I'm very, very happy not to experience that so far, but it seems an eternity to wait until an ultrasound.

Re telling people, we are going to visit my family next week, so will likely tell them. Otherwise, no one knows. I had a CP at 5 weeks at Christmas, and a miscarriage before my son was born. I will likely tell close friends soon, as if I do miscarry, I'll be leaning on them for support. (However, with the CP, despite best intentions, I felt that friends/family didn't understand what I was going through, so I don't want to tell people until the 6-7 week mark.) 

Same mantra as some of you have, "I'm pregnant for today". 

Also, thank you so much for this thread, it makes me feel not so alone. 
  • Options
    Yes, like @kiki75 said, it's definitely OK to skip over the loss posts. I did in my last BMB when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had just had my loss 4 months before that and I was a nervous wreck. I couldn't handle reading about them because I was terrified, and that's OK. This time the only reason I'm able to read them and comment on them is because I've honestly gone numb to this pregnancy. At least until my next u/s, I refuse to let myself feel anything.

@huckleberryy I'm so thankful for this thread as well. IRL I'm so alone in my feelings this go around, but this group helps a lot!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there's a way that I can edit my previous post to add a trigger warning?
  • Options
    Hi All - so glad to have this safe space to participate in!

How far along are you? 5 weeks

Any appointments coming up? first ultrasound on Monday

I am a ball of nerves every single day.. I know that's not good but my last pregnancy I had such ups and downs and than MC'd at 7 weeks.  I've been having cramping and pulling the past 24 hours and of course that just weighs heavily on my mind, it's not bad cramping by any means, and its never in the middle of my pelvic area it's either to the left or right side.  

knowing that mentally i'm in a much better state than the last time.  Last time I was dealing with an ex husband who was having severe depression and anxiety issues and couldn't concentrate on myself at all.  
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    kiki75kiki75 member
    @huckleberryy I don't think that your post needs a TW. This thread already has a blanket TW. I only add it if I'm writing something I think is going to be extra triggering, KWIM? Like some of my uglier thoughts/fears. 

In any case since it could come in handy later, when you hover the mouse over your post, a little gear should appear in the top right corner. Click that. Usually on TB, we note why we edited (since it will show that the post was edited) so for example:

Eta: TW
    Edit: Typos
    Edit: Clarification

Etc.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited July 2017
    How far along are you?
    8 weeks + 5 days.

Today! Just a quick check-in with a nurse and to get some bloodwork done. 

Overall I'm starting to finally get a little excited for this little bean. My symptoms (morning sickness, fatigue, sore boobs) have been SO strong this week, which leaves me feeling awful but encouraged.

Tons of warm baths. It seems to help my nausea and my sore hips, and gives me time to decompress. And lots of Disney movies with my 2 year old.. who needs screen time limits anyway, right?  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kiki75 I misunderstood, thanks for clarifying and for the editing instructions. 

@ashleyf911, lol on the screen time limits.

The birthing centre called me today, and said that there isn't much of a wait for a midwife at the moment, and that I should get in soon. I'm excited, but scared as I'm still waiting for symptoms to hit me. 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying We told DH immediate family (they were super supportive during my first pregnancy and then my mc back in January). I have also told a few close friends who are really supportive. I can't imagine being without some sort of support system if it happened again.
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018

• Options
    @huckleberryy, appointments headed your way! Hang in there.
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ChillprChillpr member
    edited July 2017
    How far along are you?  
    8wks/2days

Second appt. 8/15 - seems like forever

I don't come here often, but I'm pretty scared even after a good 1st appt last Tuesday. My symptoms (nausea, sore breasts, fatigue) are disappearing and I saw signs of slight blood (pink/not bright red) yestaerday. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. I want to be happy for my little jellybean, but I'm waiting until after 12 weeks before I get my hopes up.

I told one of my coworkers and she reminded me, "The more people you tell, the more people you have to untell." So I'm staying quiet when I really want to be excited.

• Options
    @Chillpr, it really is one day at a time. I don't know if that was helpful for you what your coworker said but for me it fuels shame and limits support but whatever works to get through. I know I need all the prayers I can get. If there is anything fun and relaxing you can do this weekend...do it! Praying for you.
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Chillpr I'm sorry but I think your coworker is wrong. Tell whoever you feel comfortable and know will be supportive. You know, unlike that coworker.