February 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: What does your username mean?

I love seeing everyone's username and I always wonder how people came up with them.  I thought it would be fun to hear what your name means.  Not giving away personal info, of course.

Mine is olitwinturbosnprincess.  My oldest daughter is Olivia.  My next two are wild, energetic, redheaded twins.  My SO is a car guy and he calls them Twin Turbos.  He calls me Princess.  It is so not me, but I love that he thinks of me like that and it is super sweet.  So, Olivia, twin turbos and princess - all smushed together.

What does your username mean?

Re: GTKY: What does your username mean?

• Options
    I used to be active on SoulPancake, which is a media production company that used to host activities and discussions on various topics of interest from philosophy, spirituality, religion, creativity, etc. It was much like the buzzfeed version of a media group focused on human interests, progressive ideas, creativity, philosophy, etc., that had discussion forums, polls, videos, Q&A, and all that fun stuff. SoulCupcake is a username I use on a couple other forums, and cycle between my few go-to usernames from time to time. It's just a play on the company's name. I have other aliases that I've been using for many years.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MommaSG because everyone even kids friends call me mom but my son calls me mama most think its weird bc kids dont normally do that here in PA where we live but he kind of picked up my midwestern roots and words so momma is a mash of mom and mama and sg is my first and last initials. 
  • Options
     My dog is named Neely but we call her neener sometimes.   sounded like a good username in 2010 
  • Options
    I'm a mom to 4 (soon to be 5). Honestly, I have no idea what the "-2" is for. I don't remember putting that at the end and now I can't change it
  • Options
    My name usually shows up at momto4-2. It is t today though??? I have no clue. 
  • Options
    @Momto4  I don't see a "-2" today.  Weird.
  • Options
    Winnie is for my favorite children's book (Winnie the Pooh) and the numbers are my birthday. Nothing super special, but I don't use it anywhere else. My name on here used to be too obviously me, since it carried over from The Knot and I hadn't planned on using it for forums. So I changed it to be much less obvious. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Our 2 year old lab's name is Chuck.  We rescued him in 2015 which is where the 15 came from.  He is the goofy dog in my profile picture.
  • Options
    From the movie/book Coraline.
    One of our favorites!!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Oops wrong username 

Edit: Queen Andromeda is from mythology and from the movies Wrath of the Titans. Obviously my pic is from Game of Thrones. Males total sense lol
  • Options
    clc515clc515 member
    Not what you'd call original here, but it's basically my monogram + wedding date. Also, ever since Fresh Off The Boat's Chinese Learning Center (CLC) ep, I started using that vs CC lol. 
  • Options
    It's a character name from one of DH's games that he loves.
  • Options
    I have 5 kiddos already! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    magnolia305magnolia305 member
    edited July 2017
    Steel Magnolias is my favorite movie. I love how strong the women are and the friendship they share. 

Edit it to add--the numbers are a combination of the numbers I wore when I played sports. 
  • Options
    I used to do roller derby back in 2010. The Mayan 2012 end of the world prophecy was so huge back then, I chose RainaFire #2012...because the world was supposed to end in a rain of fire in 2012. Rainafire2012 was taken on here when I changed my name on the Knot (I know! How rude right?) so I just went with 77 since that's the year I was born.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Nickname for my last name, plus my birthday-26th
  • Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited July 2017
    Mine is pretty straightforward; I apparently wasn't feeling super creative. I'm a redheaded (ginger) mom-to-be and baby's due date is 2/6.

Edited my grammar. Autocorrect kills me! 
  • Options
    Mine is not original. My first name, initial of last name, and my birthday.
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    Panda is the term of endearment my husband uses for me (I'm a tiny redhead and he compares me to a Chinese red panda). So it's kind of an inside joke about what my 'full name' would be to go with Panda. 

Panda P. Panderson. (Esquire) ;) 
    That's so cute! I love it. :)
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    starlastarla member
    Mine is a character on The Simpsons. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    This thread is the best!  Mine isn't super creative.  Mama Jenna because my DS calls my wife and I both mama at the moment, and jenna is my first name.  And CNM BC I'm a certified nurse midwife. 
  • Options
    I love reading these! I wish mine was more creative,  but it's honestly just a random thing I  thought about LOL. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Because my son just turned 18 this year and is no longer living with me, and now I'm having another. One grown child, one growing. 
  • Options
    hr1116hr1116 member
    My initials and then 11/16 is when I got married..November last year  :D
  • Options
    Much to everyone's disappointment my username does not stand for s'mores and oj. 

Smorzando is a musical term meaning dying, diminishing in tone volume and movement.  Years ago I picked it from a song out of a book my great grandfather gave me. The specific song was one I remember him singing. J is my first initial. 

And I first used this on AOL back in the day!
    Cool I just learned a new word @smorzandoj!
  • Options
    From the movie/book Coraline.
    One of my favorite books!
  • Options
    I love seeing everyone's stories!

My first name is Omenka, which means "artist" and "a person who does/creates many/great things" in Igbo, my language and ethnic group. 

Nne means "mother" in Igbo and Oma means "good" or "beautiful." Nneoma is actually an Igbo name that means "beautiful mother," which we all are! ❤
  • Options
    @smorzandoj I always read your us as S'mores :), the real story is cool too though. 

AFM mine is just a mashup of MH and my nicknames. Nothing too special. 
  • Options
    Mine is what my family has always called me. I am not sure my mom has ever actually used my real name. 
  • Options
    lainikins said:
    Mine is what my family has always called me. I am not sure my mom has ever actually used my real name. 
    Haha nice!