February 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    I needed to vent. My SO has been an asshat lately yelling about keeping sink clean and food out of it. Talked to my DS his step son in a angry tone about leaving stuff i. His bowl without rinsing it. So today his 12yr old daughter left half a bowl of of cocoa pepples in the sink and i left it there disnt say shit to her so he came home saw it and didnt say shit about it and rinsed it down the drain. I flipped shit then he talks to her in a calm tone explai ing that bugs growing i lost it even more and told him he cant sit there and gave double standards and talk down to my kid and not his. His response was i have to constanly tell my son to do it. I said and we have told ur DD this for 5 yrs now too so i am not liking this. Bc if i daid simething to her him and her tell me i am acting like hitler. Uhg
  • Options
    @mommaSG ugh the blended family discipline is a struggle!! We have a rule that he doesn't discipline mine and I don't discipline his unless it is fully warranted and the words used aren't demeaning. If either of us have an issue we tell the other before the kid is disciplined. We will see how it continues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mommaSG was his dd in the room when you said all of that? 
  • Options
    @mommaSG that's really tough, I don't think I would tolerate the double standards well either.  I hate double standards...it's one thing I'm a stickler about.  He has to be fair to both children.  

On another note I was running way late this am and I went to drop DS off at daycare and he was literally holding on to me like a monkey for dear life.  So I finally just pulled him off of me and put him down and his high pitch scream caused a cascade of toddler meltdowns amongst the 6 other 18 month olds in the class.  The teacher looked at me like she could kill me, so I felt obligated to stay and calm my son down which caused me to be 35 minutes late to work.  I HATE being late to work.  I'm finally sitting down on my lunch break, thank god BC I feel like I've been holding my breath since I got here....ugh.
  • Options
    @smorzandoj @neener*neener* @mamajenna_cnm it does suck i figured after 5 yrs he would get the oicture i mean i am tougher on my own kid but i also show him love and affection like i love hugging my sin and kissing his cheek and he goes when r u gonna stop i said u still kiss ur 1w yr old on the forhead just bc he is a boy doesnt mean he cant kiss his mom. No she wasnt in the room and i politely explai ed it to him then he shrugged it off and thats what irritated me. Like the two of them like to pick on me bc my hormones are wacked out anf not my usual happy go lucky self and when he did tell her to do it he did it in like a i am saying this bc i have to manner with a smile on his face and thats when i blew. I never show favorites never yell at the kids and each one get speacial time and attention so for me its like ur his dad act like it or dont try to parent him 
  • Options
    I had a total hormonal meltdown trying to assemble a small dining table we ordered from Amazon (DH is totally useless when it comes to those things). I threw all the pieces back in the box and stormed off. I came back to it just now, much calmer, and figured it out, but now I'm missing a screw! WTF??
  • Options
    I got laid off on Monday. 'Corporate restructuring' whatever the eff that means. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    @pandappanderson I'm sorry! That sucks... I hope you can figure something out soon. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    More of a rant than a WTF, but my dog (puggle) is quickly becoming the single most stressful part of my life. She recently turned 10 and has also been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Luckily that's all under control and I can see a significant improvement in her appearance, energy and agility, but man she is testing my patience. She literally whines ALL DAY. For food, for ice, for her ball that she puts under the couch on purpose. Whines by the door, whines by the sink, whines by the fridge. She's also started having accidents in the house, which is concerning because it's so unlike her. I love her to death, we've been together longer than DH and I. She's super patient DS, but I can't take the constant need for attention and I know now is when she needs and deserves it the most! I have been sending her to my moms- who also has a puggle, so that's been helping. I just feel guilty and I'm so over her right now! Any dog mamas got any advice??
  • Options
    @neener*neener* I wish I could say the whining is new, but it isn't. She's always been this way, my patience is just running thin! She's been to the vet often these last few months for the hypothyroidism and getting the meds right, but I do need to bring up the accidents. 
  • Options
    @snoelle417 No advice, but I feel you. Our dog has become increasingly stressful lately too to the point where we were seriously questioning our ability to keep her and handle it. Thankfully we regrouped and are working on her so it's better but it got so out of hand. She's 8 and a lab, still as crazy as when we first got her at 1. She is a runner and seriously just does it for the thrill of it, but she doesn't have a homing beacon and thinks everyone is her bff so she doesn't come back. Recently she figured out she can jump our fence, so for a couple weeks no matter what we tried she was getting out every day and going straight for our neighbors pond. Those neighbors accused us of abusing her (because why else would a dog run and jump in a pond?) and threatened to take her to a shelter next time they found her loose, and so we started having to tether her when she was in the yard which I hated. But she got out again a couple weeks ago and everything hit the fan, the neighbor coming over and yelling at us and the whole nine yards. Plus she's been really whiny lately too, I think she just has too much pent up energy that I can't help her with no matter how much I play with her (which I really don't have the energy for now anyways, even less with a one year old to care for). I feel like the worst dog mom around, but it's really hard to keep up with this dog...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Omg @winnie1122 I can't even imagine dealing with a runaway right now!! Sounds like we have 2 peas in a pod though when it comes to energy. I thought pugs were lap dogs, my moms is, but mine is ALL beagle ALL the time. Once this MS is gone and I have more energy I really need to dedicate more time to her. It's a hard balance, but they deserve it! Fingers crossed your girl stays put!
  • Options
    @snoelle417 @winnie122 What is up with the dogs lately? Mine has been a huge pain too! I wonder if they can smell that we're pregnant and are acting up because of it.  I have a p15 year old husky and has been incontinent for a while (he dribbles pee everywhere). He wears a diaper in the house but gets rashes if he wears it too long so he stays outside with access to The cool garage and food/water most of the day.  Lately he's been absolutely hating outside and justvs And and stares at the door all day. I feel bad but It's so annoying! He has a cool place to sleep and everything he needs out there! The  neighbors have been making comments too.  Oh and he's started sneaking up and sleeping on our brand new sofa at night so it now smells like pee! Urghh!!
  • Options
    @Ashoes123 uggggh so sorry! Yep, they can totally sense something is off and they're probably noticing that our behavior is unusual too. They're smart puppies, but just an added stress at the moment. We rescued a cat in December too, and they get along great, but lots of changes happening for an old girl. Hoping they all start calming down as we start feeling better. Bring on fall, so over this hot and humid weather! Once it's cooler out we will get our walks in and hopefully all will return to "normal".
  • Options
     ladies,  your doggies definitely know something is up.  Even though you are tired and sick,  they need extra attention right now by you and your partners.  Think of them like small children that can't talk and feel like they are going to be replaced by something more important than them.  It's hard,  but they need the extra cuddles and love.  Also,  many times your life long friend is aging when you first start having kids and its a big change in there lives and development . When i had my 1st 2 Kids my childhood dog was over 10, and going through the same issues,  its hard,  but you really need to find it in your selves to be there for them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I don't think our 2 dachshunds will mind but our lab is starting to get super needy.  He definitely knows something is up.  He is great with kids so I think he'll be great with the baby but we are starting work with him on getting less attention.  Our vet recommended a book called "Can we have one?"  By Lynn Buzhardt and Sue Steib.  I just started reading it but it has some good info.
  • Options
    I just had to make a vet appt for my cat bc he has been winny and he is now peeing on any clothing he can find and they believe its stress to change and can sense something is off with me. I mean the cat wont even go near my stomach and he use to lay on it
  • Options
    I feel your pet problem pain, except mine is self induced. -TW- We had a loss a few months back - TW- and my 12 year old dog was diagnosed with kidney failure so I decided I needed a win and wanted another dog (we were taking a break from TTC). My husband and I are huge animal lovers and somehow were talked into taking in TWO puppies. At first it was fine, until the morning sickness and the exhaustion hit. Now poor DH is on full time puppy duty while I just try to survive the first trimester. I love them and he does such a good job with them, but having 3 dogs and a new baby is going to be interesting next year. 
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    mommaSG said:
    I needed to vent. My SO has been an asshat lately yelling about keeping sink clean and food out of it. Talked to my DS his step son in a angry tone about leaving stuff i. His bowl without rinsing it. So today his 12yr old daughter left half a bowl of of cocoa pepples in the sink and i left it there disnt say shit to her so he came home saw it and didnt say shit about it and rinsed it down the drain. I flipped shit then he talks to her in a calm tone explai ing that bugs growing i lost it even more and told him he cant sit there and gave double standards and talk down to my kid and not his. His response was i have to constanly tell my son to do it. I said and we have told ur DD this for 5 yrs now too so i am not liking this. Bc if i daid simething to her him and her tell me i am acting like hitler. Uhg
    My step dad was very like this with me as kid- favoured my littlest brother (his son)  it doesn't help you now in the momement but once I got older and moved out, I became the favourite  :D it is really hard the dynamics of step families. I hope he heard you though, it's only fair that he treats them the same