TTC After a Loss

Ttc after 10 week loss

hi everybody, I miscarried this weekend at 10 weeks. By the look of the baby, it stopped forming around week 8. I was on progesterone so I think that is what caused the delay. I'm pretty sure I passed everything but will go in for a scan soon to confirm that. For those that experienced a later loss, how long did your dr tell you to wait before ttc again? I'll ask when I see her but just wanted to see what everyone else was told. Thanks again.

Re: Ttc after 10 week loss

• @lolapop2005 I'm sorry for your loss. I was just under 10 weeks with my natural MC and my Dr said i was good to go after my period. 
  • Sorry for your loss.  With my first MC I was 10 weeks and was told we try as soon as AF returned.  I was 8 weeks with the 2nd and told the same thing 
  • Loading the player...
  • pghrenpghren member
    My first was at 9 weeks, I was told I could stay trying again right away. Sorry for your loss. 
  • @lolapop2005 So sorry for your loss. My OB wanted to follow my HCG back to zero but said I could start trying anytime after that. Doctors often suggest waiting until AF comes back for purposes of dating if another pregnancy occurs. The old school thought was to wait 3 cycles, but newer research is indicating that's not physically necessary for most women. 
  • Thanks for the condolences ladies. I saw my dr today.. she didn't have the u/s results but did have my beta, it was 532. I was ten weeks on Sunday the same day I lost the baby so they dropped quickly. I know I passed everything and nothing was retained. How long did it take your numbers to completely drop?