Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check In: Week of July 24th! ***NEW LEADER NEEDED!***

Happy Monday ladies!!

How was everyone’s weekend?

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list! 

Mommies to be:

@ChocolateIsLife EDD 10/21/17 with 1 girl!
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Joslynj11
 EDD 10/26/17 with 1 girl!
@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17 with TWINS boys!
@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17 with 1 boy!
@sasha92-2 EDD 11/08/17 with 1 bean!
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with 1 girl!
@srh18  EDD 10/6 with TRIPLETS!!
@hibiscus118  EDD 11/11 with 1 girl!

@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with 1 bean!

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with 1 boy!

@stella_700 EDD 12/17 with TWINS!

@wabash15 EDD 12/25 with 1 bean!

@takethelongway EDD 12/28 with TWIN girls!

@mountainlady-2 EDD 12/8 with 1 girl!

@klake42 EDD 1/2 with TWINS!!

@ryannenikole EDD 1/8 with 1 boy!!

QOTW: Is being pregnant or having a newborn going to affect your plans over the holidays?

Me: 31 DH:35
TTC #1: March 2011 
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET 2/2
BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2nd Trimester Check In: Week of July 24th! ***NEW LEADER NEEDED!***

• edited July 2017
    **Super annoyed that most of my post is missing.

Hi ladies! I had a hard time leaving my bed this morning. I feel like this will be a lazy day for me. So excited to be moving to 3rd trimester soon!! 

This week I go for an ultrasound to check on Natalie's kidneys and my placenta previa. I'm also getting tested for gestational diabetes so I am already planning my meal afterwards.  :D I'm thinking a lobster roll.

QOTW: I'm still going back and forth on what we are doing. My in-laws usually don't tell you that they are sick until you are eating the food that they prepared, and I have caught their bug the last 4 years in a row, so I'm honestly thinking of skipping this year for the holidays. *Their mentality is that its good to be around them when they are sick because it boosts your immune system, but I find it disrespectful to knowingly put others in that situation. Plus, I always catch it, and would feel awful if our 6-8 week old caught their bug from neglect. Just thinking about this stresses me out!.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 26 weeks here, I can't believe 2nd tri is almost over! I went slightly insane last week and the nursery is almost done. I'll paint the artwork soon but I feel so much better having a big chunk done. 

Feeling good, heartburn and acid reflux started so I'm not as hungry but tums are my best friend!

QOTW we usually host thanksgiving, honestly we still probably will, easier to have all our gear here with a new baby but we'll have family help a lot more with food. It's just my family and probably my inlaws so not too crazy. My sister has Christmas Eve then we have Christmas Day to ourselves which is new but will be great with the new baby. We go down to SC after Christmas to visit my husbands family, that one we agreed to play by ear to make sure the baby has gotten enough vaccines before going on a plane at sick season. We're planning on going but agreed to be open if baby comes late and hasn't gotten shots yet. 

@ChocolateIsLife ugh NO to hiding sickness! Last year we got hit with the plague (seriously I've never been that sick and my daughter was wiped out for a week) and with a newborn I'm going to be extra cautious. My BIL and SIL both were sick at my daughters baptism and didn't tell us till they'd held her, so she got a double ear infection at 8 weeks old. I'm being more cautious with this baby born at flu season.

• Loading the player...
  • @ChocolateIsLife I'd be happy to be the new leader next week!

23w4d over here! Our next ultrasound is a week from today when we'll get to take a close look at Hazel's little heart and make sure everything looks good. Then I know soon we'll be scheduling the glucose test (which I am dreading). Hope that little orange drink isn't as bad as ppl say. I've heard it makes some people sick (which I have a huge phobia over) so that makes me nervous.

Seeing as though her due date is mid-november, we're making 0 thanksgiving plans. And probably 0 Christmas plans too... other than survive, lol!
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife Oh I'm feeling you on the getting out of bed part but I'm only 19 weeks with the twins. Its exciting for you to start on the final leg of this long journey.

Going okay so far, still got the fatigue. I slept for two hours yesterday and was in bed by 9:30. This is just my life right now. Also I'm apparently snoring like a freight train and rather than awaking the sleeping bear (me) to get me to roll over and stop, DH elected to sleep on the couch last night.

My hips are sore this morning and I've been hungry all day so far. Luckily its almost lunch time!

I'm going no where for the holidays. With the twins I'm shooting to make it to Thanksgiving. My due date is the 17 of Dec but that isn't adjusted for twins. I know this sounds harsh but if they want to see me they know where I live. :smile: I'm making sure that everyone that is close has been boosted on their shots, etc. I know its probably overkill but its been too much work, stress, and fighting tooth and nail to get where we are ladies to have something preventable ruin our experience with our newborns!
  • @Polythene Pam oh gosh yes no sick babies allowed. It makes me nervous that flu season starts right around the time all of our little ones are coming along. I can't wait to see your nursery once its finished!!! 

@LeFemmeViolette I really appreciate you taking it over, thanks girl! I'm taking that test on Wednesday and I'm nervous about it making me sick as well. Several people on my BMB mentioned being shaky, nauseous and nearly passing out so I'm hoping we don't experience something similar. 

@stella_700 So sorry about your fatigue, I hope you are able to get in as much rest as possible! I'm glad DH didn't wake you up in your bear slumber...good job hubby! I feel the same way about the holidays. I know that every life is precious, but I feel like we really have worked SO hard to get to a point where we can hold our babies, and I don't want to jeopardize their health because people think its ok to be sick and around a bunch of people.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy Monday Ladies and cheers to another weekly check in! @ChocolateIsLife Thank you for hosting our 2nd tri group and congrats on heading over to the 3rd Tri! So excited and I am even more excited to be right behind you  :#

I am 26+4 with baby girl Riley just kicking and dancing away over here. We have been running around like crazy the last couple weeks to get ready for her shower and I can say I will be so happy when we are done. Its this weekend on Saturday and we have a lot of Family and Friends joining from near and far. It's exciting to see all the people who let us know they want to travel to celebrate our little miracle! I will definitely try and add some pics next week. 
    Appointment wise I have my glucose test this week on Wednesday at 3:00. I don't have to fast or change my diet so that is nice, they just ask that I don't "overkill" the sweets before the test..not sure what that means but I will try  :D

QOTW: DH and I are usually traveling to my hometown for Thanksgiving and then stay local for Christmas since his family is here. This year I think we might reverse it since we are due at the end of October I think a 8 hour drive to TN will be too much when she is so small. So we are going to try and travel for the days between Christmas and New Years(my b-day)
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• srh18srh18 member
    Hello everyone!

I'm officially 23+3 today and have two weeks of strict bed rest under my belt. I spent last weekend in the hospital for contractions again, but the good news is that my cervix is holding steady at 1cm! They put a pessary in to hopefully help maintain the cervix I have left. My MFM appt went well today, and they even told me I could get up and walk around the house for 5-10 minutes per hour! There's been a ton going on, but basically, my babies are growing great (growth scans showed them at 1lb 7oz, 1lb 5oz, and 1lb 4oz today!), contractions are scary and uncool, and my OB fired us last week for being too high risk, so I'm officially transferring to Johns Hopkins for all care instead of just MFM. A whirlwind!! 

QOTW--I agree with the notion that whoever wants to see us this holiday season, knows where we live. We will likely be trying to survive with three infants at that point. :) 

@ChocolateIsLife sad to see you go but so happy you're graduating to third tri! 

@LeFemmeViolette thanks for taking over!! I did a GD screening at 11 weeks. The drink is nasty, super sugary and you have to drink it pretty fast. My advice is to chug it as fast as you can. And be prepared for not being allowed to ingest anything after (I was banking on water to wash away the taste lol). I did not come close to getting sick, but I haven't had any nausea issues. Fingers crossed you will get through it just fine!!
  • @srh18 so happy to see your update! Keep us posted, I'm sure it's just a whirlwind. Hope you can relax a bit and hope those docs keep giving you more active time! 
  • @Polythene Pam can't wait to see the finished product! We are still at a stalemate on which room will be the nursery, but we are getting a crib and changing table in a week, so the pressure is on! Haha. 

My post from last week now seems totally hilarious because the next day, after an 8 mile hike, when I was sweaty, stinky, and whining like a toddler, my SO surprised me with a sunset, beach proposal and the sparkliest (not a real word, I know) ring I've ever seen! I've definitely been a happy camper since, haha! 

As for baby, with all the hiking and sleeping on a terrible mattress at our rental, I've had some pretty bad abdominal/round ligament pain. Still super tired, but figure that's just going to be the norm, so I should get used to it. 

QOTW: We usually do thanksgiving with friends, and one of the couples just had a baby. The mom couldn't get pertussis during pregnancy for medical reasons, so everyone in our friend group made sure they are up to date on vaccines to help protect the newest member of the group, so I feel confidant keeping our regular plans there. Since we will have a 2 or 3 week old at Christmas we have zero plans to do anything or go anywhere, which I am looking forward to! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque aww yay thats awesome!! Congrats!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PoeMasque ahhhh congrats!!!! Best news ever!!!
  • Hi ladies! 18 weeks with a singleton. So far this week has been going pretty well. The nausea is gone and while the fatigue still hits me its so much better than it was. Today is supposed to be stinking hot but then the rest of the week should be in the low 80's and I can't wait for more outside time!
       Since my EDD is Christmas day we are not going anywhere. Even for thanksgiving I think its getting closer than I would like for long travel and all of our family lives on the other side of the country so  we'll be home for that too. I hope my dad and FIL will come visit us for thanksgiving... as for Christmas I'm not sure I want a house full of guests with a newborn. I'd like some time for us to adjust to the new family dynamic on our own.
    @ChocolateIsLife hooray for heading over for the 3rd tri! GL with your glucose screen and ultrasound, I hope everything looks great
    @lafemmeviolette thanks for taking over the thread.  For me the drink wasn't so bad, I know for others its not the best experience. I hope its NBD for you.
    @stella_700 your baking 2 babies. it takes a lot of work!
    @Joslynj11 Have fun at your shower!
    @srh18 I'm so glad to hear that you and the boys are all doing well. Hooray for getting to get up and walk for a few minutes each hour. You are so close to viability and that is AMAZING! bake babies bake.
    @PoeMasque congrats on your engagement!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• 25 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe it went so fast.  Glucose test coming up next month (fun...), but all looks good according to my doctor the other day.  Other than my family driving me nuts as usual, we're groovy this week, and things are quiet.

QOTW: With an 11/8 due date, Thanksgiving is totally up in the air.  We do Thanksgiving at my in-law's, and the immediate family is fine, but every year, random family members show up, and we never know in advance who's coming. I don't really want some rando aunt from like New York who doesn't speak English slobbering all over my newborn when I don't know her, don't know if she's been sick or has a cold sore or whatever.  So my MIL is losing her mind that we might not be there, but I'm just like I will have just given birth and will just be getting used to new motherhood, so I'm not saying we 100% won't be there, but I'm not promising we will, either.  We may not even make the call til the day before (they live 20 minutes away).  And like others have said, they know where we live (although I'm trying to also discourage an open-door policy at home, because I will never get rid of my MIL if I allow that).  As far as Christmas, I think we're going to do our best to make it to our usual Christmas celebrations, especially since it will be the first time my Dad's family probably gets to meet the baby.
  • @sasha29-2 Ugh I hear ya. I'm due a week before Thanksgiving day (so entirely possible she could be late and arrive ON Thanksgiving). We're in NC, and DH's family is from IL, so he and his family thought up doing a roadtrip to come do Thanksgiving at our house. Why a road trip, you ask? Because they also want to bring their two dogs because they refuse to have anyone pet-sit. So to recap...

-Apparently the baby will be right on time on the 16th
    -We will host thanksgiving despite having a newborn
    -We will have a houseful of 5 adults, a newborn, 3 dogs, and a cat.

Yeah, we're not doing that. LOL!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lafemmeviolette yah that would be a hard NO! I was terrified when I told my mom I was pregnant and my EDD was christmas she would use it as an excuse to come and visit. Nope, nope, nope I don't want to have to entertain people while giving birth!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Just got the call and I passed my glucose test!! Wooo hoooo, I was really nervous about the drink and all the horror stories but its wasn't as bad as I had built it up in my head  :D

@LeFemmeViolette I had my test at 3:00 in the afternoon yesterday and they didn't make me fast or change my diet. The only requirement is that I drank the drink within 5-10 mins. Also, I used a mineral water to cut the drink with so it was almost like drinking a weird soda! Hope this helps you, it was my biggest fear that I was going to have trouble keeping it down.
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry

• Hi ladies! I am 22 weeks today with one boy. @ChocolateIsLife We just found out last week and it is so cool to finally know for sure! I had a feeling and heard a weird old wives tale that predicted he would be a boy, but seeing the evidence on the screen last week was so cool! Feeling pretty good. Off and on heartburn, so I keep a bottle of antacid chewables handy. Low-fat milk seems to help too. 

QOTW: I think my holidays will be very different with a newborn. The holidays were always kind of a depressing time for me because of IF. I just had a hard time being around so many of my family and friends and their kids during that time because it was a reminder of what I didn't have. I am looking forward to the holidays this year, but not much will be different in terms of our plans. Since I am due 11/30, I will probably not be joining the hoards of shoppers this year. That's fine with me though! I actually hate going out on Black Friday or any time around the holidays, but my mom LOVES it, so I have always gone for her sake. I will have a good excuse to stay home this year though. :smile:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • srh18srh18 member
    @Joslynj11 I cannot believe they let you have water! I had a second screening on Wednesday and was not allowed to ingest anything with or after that stupid drink for an hour. Super jealous of you. Lol. 

@wabash15 I sort of get the sense everyone's families (mine definitely included) feel like a baby makes it open season. NOPE I still have some boundaries!! I really enjoyed the image that came to my head from reading your post, re entertaining while giving birth. Haha. 

@sasha29-2 love that you have the option of making a holiday decision day of! My family asking so many questions of our plans is sort of overwhelming. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel with these babies--probably crazy lol. At least you'll be able to make the call while you're actually doing the parenting thing!!

@PoeMasque congrats!! What excellent news!! 

AFM, passed my second GD screen this week. Spent all day Wednesday in L&D for suspected pre-eclampsia (new drs always make my bp skyrocket and no one would listen to me when I asked them to just wait 20 minutes and take it again. It was pretty high to be fair, 150/96, but once I was in L&D it was down to 85/57 within a half hour. Like I said. Lol. But they did the whole urine and blood screen thing, and everything came up normal. So no pre-e! And then they hooked me up to the toco, and I got the steroid shots in case I go into labor soon, and they did the GD screening (which I was happy with since I didn't have to go to a separate lab). I was contracting all day yesterday so I'm on another round of indocin for that. Feeling great today so far--no contractions and today is VIABILITY DAY!!! Next goal is 25 weeks. Taking it a week at a time, with our overall lower end goal at 28 weeks. In my deepest heart I still want to get to at least 32 weeks, but trying not to get ahead of myself. Starting to feel like it might be possible though!! At the very least at this point, I'm grateful that every day spent inside at this point gives our boys a better chance if they did decide to make an entrance. :)
  • @srh18 hooray for viability!!!! that is such an amazing milestone!! I'm so glad you don't have pre-e. Hang in there mamma and keep those babies cooking, you can do it!

cheering do it best gif you can do it go team GIF
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @srh18 yay viability!! You are so amazing, those boys are already the luckiest with you as a mom! 

Ugh to all the families thinking it'll be an open house over the holidays... my inlaws are coming to town oct/nov to watch my daughter when we go into labor and to see the baby lots. So I'm already a bit nervous... with my daughter my MIL was over every day that my husband was off, it was almost a relief when he went back to work and I could tell her I wanted to try to tackle things alone. This time I really want that time to be low key for us with my daughter getting used to a baby, but I already know how things will probably go!

on a happier note, passed the glucose test!! End of the second tri, crazy!
  • @srh18 I just hit viability too! Prob a bigger milestone for you of course since you have THREE lil's in there! But yay!!! That's awesome. Tell them to keep cooking.

Also, side note- is anyone seeing ads for the movie "KIDNAP" at the lower right when logged in to The Bump? Kind of an odd choice for an ad.... LOL.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • srh18srh18 member
    Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to have reached 24 weeks. Nervous about not making it further of course, but so pleased to be where I am. 

@LeFemmeViolette lol I saw it yesterday for the first time. Strange ad choice for sure!!
  • EKK @srh18 Congrats on making it to viability with your bouncing baby boys! And big congrats on passing your GD test. Keep on reaching those small goals girlie, we are all cheering for you!
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN