Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of July 24

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and Have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal?
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of July 24

• How far along are you? 12 Weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? The size of a plum? 

Appointments coming up? I have my NT Scan on Wednesday, a check-up with my OB on Aug 1st. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, anxious and moody, as usual. I had a bad dream a couple of nights back that really made me feel uneasy about the whole process of the NT scan and health of my baby in general. Physically, pretty normal (which also kind of scares me). The only thing that has been consistent with my previous pregnancy symptoms is that I'm still tired, but it doesn't help that I've had a lot of trouble getting comfortable and staying asleep the past couple of weeks. I've also been pee-ing like crazy. lol (sometimes like 4 times in an hour!)

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to making sure the baby is still doing alright on Wednesday, when I get my NT scan. Finding out the sex of the baby will be quite exciting, as well. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I've been feeling a lot of anxiety lately about this NT scan. I really just wish it would go away. I would love to be more excited about this pregnancy and I feel like I'm sucking the joy out of it with my anxiety for both me and my husband. I've been seeing a therapist for the past couple of weeks. So far, I don't really feel like it's helped all that much. 

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal? I've definitely found myself eating out a lot more now that I'm pregnant. For a while, it was hard for me to figure out what even sounded tolerable enough for me to not gag, but lately my appetite has sort of returned. Now, by dinner time, I'm usually too tired to cook, so I usually have my husband pick up something on his way home from work. It's a bad habit to get into that we need to stop lol. My favorite meal has been spaghetti and meatballs from my favorite Italian restaurant. I think I love it more now that I'm pregnant lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? Hey there ladies! So this is officially my last check in - CRAZY. I'm 39w6d and have a scheduled c-section for tomorrow at noon. Remember a couple of weeks ago when I struggled with the thought of being induced? Yeah, I'd gladly take that option back now! Baby B is breech and hasn't turned (that we know of) as of now. I have the option to try an inversion before surgery tomorrow which I'll do if my cervix is favorable - but if I'm not dilated (still) then there isn't really a point. After a lot of tears and talks with my doc and DH and friends I've finally come to terms with this is how it is going to be. I even changed my birth plan around so now the bottom is 'in case of vaginal delivery' instead of 'in case of c-section' LOL. It's a weird feeling - like Christmas Eve! I'm going to be a mommy tomorrow (holy cow, even just typing that makes me tear up) !!! Oh, and did I mention I have equal amounts of excitement and terror???

How big is baby? They didn't give me measurements at the u/s last Monday and I was too much in shock at the confirmation s/he was breech to remember to ask. We will just go big!

Appointments coming up? That whole delivery thing tomorrow :)

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? See above

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Being a mom. Tomorrow. I'm in awe.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Thank you to you ladies - this board is such a support system! I wish you luck in your journeys and I'll check in every now and then!!

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal? I have always been a cooker and was good up until 36w then I just kind of lost all motivation. My favorite meal to cook is usually a casserole of some sort. Out is Mexican :)

@nmd9168  - BEST OF LUCK at the NT scan - I know it's going to be awesome and you'll have some serious peace of mind!!!!!

*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • @byrneme It's TOMORROW!!!?!?!?! How exciting! I'm so happy for you! Best of luck with delivery tomorrow! It will all go great, no matter which way baby decides to come out =) You are a great person and you're gonna be a great Mom =) Thanks for all of the positive feedback and always being there for everyone <3 Congrats to you and DH!! Thank you also for the well wishes! fx!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme I can only imagine all the emotions that go along with finding out baby is breech and having to schedule a c-section. I'll be thinking of you!  By this time tomorrow you'll have met your LO, that's crazy!

How far along are you? 
    40 weeks

How big is baby? Full size. 

Appointments coming up? Check up on Thurs if needed.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? This waiting game is super strange.  I feel like I'm getting more anxious about giving birth with every passing day. If I had gone into labor early I feel like I wouldn't have been as anxious because it would've been a surprise. Physically I'm uncomfortable but hanging in there.  At work today. Planning on working from home tomorrow and Wed and coming in again Thurs b/c I work at the hospital where my appt would be. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Getting to meet my LO!

Rants/Raves/Questions: My question is to my baby: when are you going to come meet us? :-)

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal? We've definitely been getting more takeout and eating out more towards the end here.  I think it's a combination of nerves and wanting to enjoy our time together as a family of 2 for the last little bit. 
  • How far along are you? 
    5wks 4days
    How big is baby? 
    BB pellet?

Appointments coming up?
    Not sure yet...had an ultrasound on this past Friday and there was a gestational sac! Yay! I didn't have one last time before my mc. (There is also a SCH that I am praying will resolve.)

Tired. My emotions are ever changing based on the situation but I'm probably a bit more irritable.

Another u/s with dating and for the SCH to get itself together.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Had a houseguest yesterday who brought FLEAS to my house. I'm angry because that's so inconsiderate and frustrated because I plan on going to a hotel for the night while my SO sprays the house...no one else is allowed in my house (unless they are verified). I'm actually pissed off!!

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal?
    Not interested in cooking...just want to food to appear. Fruit, eggs, cheese, Mediterranean style foods. El fresco. Need to tell the folk in my house about the pregnancy so I can have them cook for me!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nmd9168 keep up with the therapy! Not sure if this is a new relationship but it can take time. I am a therapist  for the past 13 years and I know it takes a couple or few months to build that relationship. And having been in therapy for years and years...it can really make a differonce. Been with my current therapist for 4.5 yrs and that helped when I needed to process the 2nd. Keep eating healthier stuff out until you / partner feel like cooking! That's my plan.

@byrneme CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY! AND MANY BLESSINGS!! We will be thinking of you and baby and family.

Hang in there @CPR79!! Baby soon come (in my island voice)
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 8w6d

How big is baby? raspberry

Appointments coming up? Next Thursday. FU US at 10w mark. Will get official due date then if all is well.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Pregnant. Lol MS is all day long nausea, sore boobs, insomnia and vivid dreams when I do sleep. I'm taking it all as positive signs. I've had two MMC back to back and my symptoms had tapered off around the 6th week when I lost the babies.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? 10w US with good fetal growth and a strong HB.

Rants/Raves/Questions: just posted a rant of sorts of my jealously of non-pgal moms in my BMB who are already booking birth photographers when some haven't had their 1st US yet. I wish i cpuld have that innocence and positivity that everything will go as planned like they do.

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal? My food aversions right now have led me to not have a favorite food. I do however have afternoon cravings for McDonald's soft serve cones and apple pies and an almost obsessive desire for cake. (I don't normally have a sweet tooth. I'm a salty person and I haven't been able to eat chips without gagging.)

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Hi ladies!  It's been quite some time since I've posted on here!  I've been swamped with work that I haven't had much time for perusing the boards or anything outside of work --it turned out to be a good thing in that it's kept my anxiety on this pregnancy to a minimum with all the distractions.

@nmd9168 I can relate on having anxiety with the NT scan.  I had mine a few weeks ago and I was a nervous wreck prior to going.  I followed the instructions I was given to drink 32 oz of water, and I was very uncomfortable.  I ended up having the use the restroom 4x prior to being seen because I couldn't hold anything in.  For my MMC, I had an US at 12 weeks and found out I had a blighted ovum, so this scan at 12 weeks had me really anxious --add in my need to urinate, and I was really uncomfortable. My appointment went fine.  My little baby was moving around so much that the tech had trouble getting a proper measurement of the fluid behind baby's neck.  I hope your appointment goes well!!!!  --I wouldn't recommend drinking a full 32 oz if your bladder fills up quickly.  The tech had me use the restroom several times during my examination because my bladder kept filling up.

@byrneme that's so exciting! Wishing you lots of blessings and congratulations!  It's inspiring to hear success stories!  I can't wait until I meet my baby.

@CPR79 it must be exciting for you too!  You're almost there!  Praying that you also have a safe delivery!

@ishmoney fleas?!  I do hope that you're able to get rid of them!

@rainafire77 I feel you on wishing I could have that innocence and be completely positive throughout my pregnancy!  My husband and I are cautiously planning and we haven't committed to any large purchases yet.  We made our pregnancy announcement after my NT scan and even then, I was anxious about it.  I don't think we'll really plan things out in terms of purchasing and what not until we reach ~28 weeks.  I'm just so scared I'll jinx something.

How far along are you?
    17 weeks today!

How big is baby? Pomegranate

Appointments coming up? My anatomy scan in early August --two weeks away!  I can't wait to find out whether baby is a girl or boy.  I'm just praying that baby is in a great position (and keeps still long enough) for us to find out.  For the NT scan, baby was moving around so much and only kept still when his/her back was turned towards us.  I found it adorably but for the tech, it was frustrating because she couldn't get a good measurement.  They almost made me come back because we were there for over an hour trying to get the perfect picture!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I'm a mixed bag.  I'm exhausted --mostly because of work.  I'm excited for the anatomy scan..but as always, I'm anxious and nervous.  Just getting through each week makes me breathe a little easier.  I've spoken to my doctors about my anxiety and for the most part, there is nothing they can really do until 28 weeks.  --so for now, that is my "goal" to reach.  Each day gets me closer and closer!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Short term, is to get through the anatomy scan.  After that, to make it to 28 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions: As a first, I don't have any rants.  At my last appointment, I was told that I had to gain weight.  For my first trimester, I lost weight and now that I'm in my second trimester, they're hoping I gain weight!  I had MS throughout my first trimester, it got worst weeks 12-13, and this week (week 17), they're slowly going down!  I was on diclegis to help with the nausea.  That's my rave!  I'm not averse to some smells anymore and I actually have pregnancy cravings!  This week, I've been wanting rice krispie treats and turkey sandwiches.  Another rave... my doctor gave me permission to eat turkey sandwiches!  He told me the probability of contracting listeria was low and that the two cases he did see in his career were not due to eating deli meat but from eating salad.  He told me that if eating a turkey sandwich would help me gain weight, he was all for it.  I finally had my turkey sandwich this week and it tasted like heaven :)

GTKY: Have you found yourself cooking more or eating out more now that you're pregnant? What's your favorite meal? Given that my food aversions are slowly decreasing, I have been spending more time in the kitchen.  I've been good at preparing breakfast..but by dinner I'm too exhausted.  We usually get take out then or my husband prepares something. My favorite meal right now is breakfast!  I've been enjoying biscuit sandwiches and pancakes!

I hope you ladies have an amazing week!  My summer semester duties are almost over!  It's my last week teaching so I can't wait for the break until returning to work late August :)
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • @laurenjt808 Yay for perseverance! Goal by goal. I pray the anatomy scan goes well!

I have a repeat ultrasound next week! Hoping for a yolk sac and for the sch to get out of here. My betas are great. One day at a time.
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • magnolia305magnolia305 member
    edited July 2017
    @nmd9168 I hope your anxiety goes away a bit after your scan and appointments this week.  I want you to be able to enjoy this pregnancy, but I completely get it! 

@byrneme Good luck today!!!  I am so excited for you!!  

@CPR78  Come on baby, come on!  

@ishmoney I would be so pissed if someone brought fleas into my house!  Livid. I hope you were able to get rid of them.  

@laurenjt808  Wishing you a great anatomy scan and some comfort.  I also like to set goals and mentally try to make it there.  Remember, we are here for you!

How far along are you? 
    9 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Cherry

Appointments coming up?
    Had an appointment yesterday to check growth. Everything looked great; heart rate of 179.  I go back next week for blood work and then the following week--which will be 11 weeks.  Will they do my NT scan then??

I feel a lot better after seeing that little gummy bear yesterday and seeing such a good heartbeat.  Physically, the MS comes and goes and I am just so tired.  

Blood work and results next week---which we will find out the sex! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    none!

I am not cooking much--which my spoiled husband has noticed--but been smart enough not to complain about.  We have limited choices for restaurants in our area (and they aren't great), which is the only reason we aren't eating out more.  If we do eat out---it's mexican!   
  • E2theBE2theB member
    Hi ladies! New to this board. Was pretty active in TTCAL and Infertility boards a few months back. Gave myself a mental health break and tried to get myself healthy in preparation of starting IF treatment when we got a BFP at the tail end of our IF testing.

How far along are you?
    13w 4 d

How big is baby? About the size of a Georgia peach :p

Appointments coming up? Next OB Appt is Aug. 11; anatomy US is Sept 11.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically, I've been feeling great. Very few symptoms. Lots of back pain and some cramping until about 8 weeks. Very tired between 7-10 weeks. But No sore boobs, no MS, very little nausea. I do find that I must eat more often than I used to or I feel grumpy and gross.
    Emotionally, I've been feeling very worried since I've had so few symptoms. People always say morning sickness means a healthy baby. But everything has looked good and baby has been measuring pretty spot on with my dating. We had our first US at about 10 weeks and the baby was moving and grooving all around, so things are looking pretty good.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm a first time mom, and my husband has a 12 year old daughter from when he was very young himself (18 when she was born). At first I wanted the baby's sex to be a surprise, but the longer we go the more I want to know. We decided that we will find out but keep it a relative secret to those around us. If we decide we want to try for another baby we will keep that one a surprise. Right now we just want healthy though, so it could be a kangaroo for all I care and I'd be elated so long as the baby is healthy and I make it full term.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm just dying to start feeling pregnant! I'm a little heavier (size 14/16) so I don't have a bump yet. I can't feel the baby yet. And I'm not having many symptoms. I just want to start looking/feeling the part.

I've been cooking a lot lately as I'm getting less tired heading into 2nd trimester. I love to cook and haven't had much food aversion so it's been easy for me. I was verrrrry interested in chicken fingers/fried chicken for the past few weeks. And I want Mexican food like all the time, haha.
  • Welcome @E2theB!!! I really want chicken fingers now that you mentioned it in your post LOL

BabyFruit Ticker
  • HI @magnolia305 and @E2theB! I say kangaroos for everyone! Lol. I need all the laughs I can get!!!! These fleas are still here and we have used pesticides the one time and I stayed in a hotel overnight the night before last but I can't keep doing that (pesticides or the hotel). I am really trying to keep this baby safe...right now, I just want to cry because it's so much to keep up with right now. I did not need this nightmare. I slept on chairs in my dining room cause I'm the only one they're really biting. There are 4 of us in the house!!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @ishmoney  I've had fleas in the past (thanks to the shared landing of the apt next to mine and their cat) and I was always the only one they bit too!  We had to have it sprayed twice before they were truly gone, but it did eventually work. Fingers crossed yours go away soon!
  • Thank you, @CPR79, I'm an emotional wreck over here!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • E2theBE2theB member
    @ishmoney UGH fleas are the worst. When my husband and I first moved in together, we had fleas in our first apartment. But we had no pets so that was weird. I think they came in some of his boxes (his mother had a dog that I guarantee was the host).
    I burned lavender oil like crazy. Not sure if that's healthy for a preggo, but it smells calming and is supposed to annoy bugs.
  • How far along? 37 weeks 

How big is baby? Over 6lbs, not sure of fruit lol

Next Apppointment: Weekly OB and growth scan on Wednesday. Looking forward to U/S.. but wouldn't mind if she came early. 

How are you feeling? I'm ok, I ran out of space and it feels like a foot is constantly under my rib (which it might be) but I'm happy to be nearing meeting her soon. 

Milestone: Meeting my girl, hopefully labor goes ok, but it's always a complete surprise! 

Rants/Raves: My daughter and son both came early, yet my doctors won't say this one probably will. It's making me nervous because I'm feeling nervous until I go into labor because I'm PGAL. I do kick counts, but I'm still a anxious.  I just want to know she is safe, but it will be worth the wait. 

GTKY: Eating out or cooking? Cooking in for sure. It's easier and we can relax afterward. Though, I've thrown in the towel with baking.. over it and the dishes it creates. 

@byrneme - how'd it go??? So happy for you!! 

@cpr79 hope all is well and can't wait to hear from you too! 

• @KyCade3013- you are so close!!! I know I was nervous up to and including delivery day on movement. Even though, rationally, I knew I was running out of room!! Everything went great- I did a separate post with an update :)
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • I had my NT scan yesterday and everything went swimmingly. (quite literally, it looked like LO was swimming laps. lol) My results for the neck measurement were great and same with the blood-work. So far, we know that baby will be healthy. I feel a lot better. We also finally told my husband's parents (which by extension means that I guess I'm okay now with the whole world knowing....) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay!! I am so so so happy to hear that @nmd9168 I know the peace of mind that brings- plus it's awesome to get to see and hear your LO on the u/s! Congrats ❤️
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme Thank you!! And congrats on your adorable LO! =D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • byrnemebyrneme member
    edited July 2017
    TY!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17