June 2017 Moms

Monday Roll Call 7/24

Who's left around here? What's going on with you and your LO?

Re: Monday Roll Call 7/24

• I'm still checking in regularly!
    My little girl is 4 weeks old today (wow).  She has gained quite a bit of weight and is close to 11 lbs.  We have a checkup in a couple of days so we'll see exactly how much.  She was a big girl to begin with so it's not too surprising.  Such a huge difference from my first DD who was much smaller.  Every baby is different I guess!
    She is eating well but still spitting up and gassy quite a bit.  The doctor confirmed a very mild tongue-tie so I'm guessing that is the culprit.  I decided to leave it be for now since she is gaining well and it's not hindering her nursing.  During the 4pm - 9pm time she is pretty fussy and cries a lot but I think that is normal.  She slept over 5 hours last night for the first time so that was nice.  My boobs weren't too happy though.
    And I am getting real smiles now I think which always makes my day.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Almost 6 weeks here. She's sleeping well. She's been waking once to feed after 3-4 hours at night and then going another 3-4. She just recently extended that first 3-4 to 5-6. So we've been getting pretty good sleep. Still not very fussy. 

She's probably pushing 11 pounds by now. She was at 10,3 at her most recent appointment almost two weeks ago. 

Breastfeeding is still painful. I'll go without the nipple shield for a couple days, the pain builds over a couple days, and then I have to use it again.  :/  It's very annoying. I don't know when it's going to improve. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lovesclimbing, when I stopped using a shield with DD1, I dropped it for one feeding and had to keep it at the for about a week before i could stop using it for a second feeding in one day. It took me quite a while to stop completely. 

I'm still checking TB occasionally, but have less opportunity now that my parents left and I'm home alone with both kids.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • I check a couple times a week. My LO is 8 weeks tomorrow! He's gaining well and I can't wait to get him weighed at his 2 month appointment. He has been a momma's boy lately. Every time I leave he screams and cries most of the time and won't take a bottle. I'm hoping it is just a phase and not how it will be when he starts daycare in 2 weeks. 
    We are transitioning him from the RNP to the PNP at night and last night was the first night for that. He usually cannot fall to sleep on his back on a flat surface but he was able to do it several times last night! 
  • @kyreno11 I remember transitioning my first DD to sleeping flat after she had been in the RNP and we had to use the merlin's magic sleep suits.  Kudos to you if you managed it without them!  Planning to do the same for this baby when she is big enough.
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • I'm in an out. Clayton will be 6 weeks tomorrow. It seems like it's flown by, but also like he has been here forever. We moved at 2 weeks, so still getting settled in.

random question- does anyone know what happened with our bump gal who was adopting? She stopped posted a while ago. Maybe someone in the FB group knows. I've been thinking about her. 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • My LO is 5 weeks and 2 days. I'm loving all of her smiles. She is such a joy and has completely rounded out our family. 

My Brother got married last weekend so that was a bit of a challenge with a tiny baby. I'm so glad she was here in time to be a part of all the wedding photos and meet some of the family from out of State. 

Today I took my kiddos to get their handprints and the 2 little kids footprints. I'm excited to see how they turnout once painted and fired. 

I usually check the app a couple times a day when I'm feeding my LO. I was happy to see some responses today. I've been missing the interactions with people. Being an at home mommy lacks in adult interaction on most days. 
  • Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind if I jump back in. DS2 was born 4 days late...this delivery was MUCH smoother (and faster!) than DS1. I laid low for awhile afterward-DS1 had a pretty rough time adjusting and breastfeeding wasn't going all that well. Things are improving and I feel like my head is finally above water! Glad to be back and can't wait to catch up with everyone!
  • @MrsCaliRN She is beautiful! Good job on getting out announcements! I haven't done announcements yet and we turned 6 weeks yesterday. Not enough hours in a day. 
  • @ashleyl31the expecting mom that @krex-2 was matched with ended up using a different adoption agency, but a couple weeks ago a baby was born and the mom picked @krex-2 and her husband. They are learning how to live their new life with a newborn just like the rest of us and she posts often in the Facebook group. :)
  • Thank you for the update. Great to hear! 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Anyone else going/gone through a 6 week sleep regression/growth spurt? I'm really struggling with the lack of sleep (for everyone in the house!) and fussiness.
  • Anyone else going/gone through a 6 week sleep regression/growth spurt? I'm really struggling with the lack of sleep (for everyone in the house!) and fussiness.
    Yes. She has always gone to sleep pretty well. Sure, fussy and crying a bit for half an hour or so but settling eventually until she's asleep and I can put her down. 

But around 6.5 weeks, she started just crying nonstop for a long time in the evenings. Constantly acting like she was hungry, but then only nursing for a couple minutes before spitting it out. No amount of holding and patting her back would settle her for long, which usually works. 

Generally, I'm not a fan of cry it out (and this is probably an unpopular opinion), but sometimes, mom and dad need some sleep! So when she's like that, where we know she's going to cry for a couple hours whether we hold her or not, we've stuck her in the other bedroom and gone to bed. She wakes up the next morning or in the middle of the night for a feed and is just fine. I think we've done it 3-4 times now. 
  • We went through the fussies a bit early around 4-5 weeks, and she seems to be doing better now in that regard.
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @lovesclimbing no judgment here. LO hasn't slept more than 1-2 consecutive hours in the past 24...luckily DH is home this week so we've just been taking shifts. 

@kdanjou tell me this phase only lasts a couple days!
  • @goodwitchofthenorth For us it lasted about 2-3 weeks.  Sorry I know that seems like an eternity.
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • (From the July 27th board)

DD is 2 weeks today. I have been on to read, bit haven't been posting as much. LO has just started having trouble with reflux. She is unhappy, but has been gaining well. She is already 1.5 lbs above her birth weight. DS(Oct15) is adjusting better than I expected. DHwas off for two weeks, so we were able to do a lot with DS to help him adjust. DH rreturns to work tomorrow. 
  • 7 weeks and 1 day. Still working to get my little one to gain weight. She is 1lb above her birth weight finally. My DS 2.5 years is adjusting better he is still learning about being gentle. 

I still find it exhausting to try to leave the house with them alone. The weather here has been hot so I'm really looking forward to Fall, my favorite season.