September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 7.24

How far along are you, and what are you dealing with this week?

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptoms 7.24

• Options
    I am 31 weeks pregnant this week with baby #2 and am feeling pretty good. I have found this week I am feeling more tired. Baby is moving like crazy which is a great sign and is definitely low as I feel his/her head burying down and the hiccups are very low. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow so i am looking forward to that. I have been getting a sharp occasional feeling in my vagina, does anyone else get this!?
  • Options
    33+3

So far this pregnancy has been great for me.  Of course I will have the occasional gripes here and there but so far no heartburn, no swelling, no need for any medications (not even a single tylenol) this pregnancy and I am still able to workout and have energy but this past Saturday I had a really scary dizzy spell episode.  It cameon while I was driving with my son in the car on the way home from a dinner out.  I felt on the verge of passing out and luckily was only less than a minute from my house.  When I got out of the car I still had felt lightheaded for about 1 hour after the spell with waves of nausea.  I experienced another one Sunday morning at home.  Luckily DH is a paramedic and told me to lie on my left side as these spells were most likely due to pressure from the baby and a sudden BP drop (which mine is always pretty low anyways)  If it happens again before my next appointment on Monday I will call my midwife but from here on out I won't be driving far distances alone.

Oh and butt cramps at night still. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JustBored10, I had a random dizzy spell yesterday afternoon when I was working on a project, and I've found that generally when I get them I am not eating/drinking enough. But, it's good to know that lying on the left side may help with dizziness as well. That would be extremely frightening to have one while driving, however! 
    @maddyclarkin1, I don't get a sharp pain per say, but the past week or two it has felt like I've pulled a muscle in my pelvis which makes it painful/uncomfortable to walk sometimes. 

31+4 today. The hip and lower back pain is back with a vengeance. It is always worse at night and in the morning. Yesterday I took DS to the pool, and that helped the pain tremendously. I may just live in the pool for the next 8 or so weeks. 
  • Options
    31 + 3. Acid reflux. Back and hip pain. Leg cramps at night or in the morning. Also, still really tired. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall, I woke up to the worst leg cramp of my life a few weeks ago. Since then I've been chugging electrolyte water. So far, it hasn't been an issue again. Could be worth a try. 
  • Options
    bnmort8bnmort8 member
    edited July 2017
    31 weeks this week. lower back and some hip pain along with rib pain :( ALOT of movement going <3  doc gave me Zantac for my Acid reflux so that's finally under control
  • Options
    Cats*in*spaceCats*in*space member
    edited July 2017
    31+5  every morning when I wake up for the past week or so, I hobble out of bed.  My pelvis is reallllly achy.  Also, my ribs are giant.  I've purchased bra extenders for the time being.  I think I've added on at least 3 inches to my rib cage.   I'm really hoping that goes back to normal postpartum - anyone have experience with that?

ETA: I think the rib thing is mostly bones/organs moving, and not weight, as I haven't gained a whole lot.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    31 wks 3 days
    Everything just feels sore. After work I have no energy. I am stressed about getting everything ready for baby in time but have no energy to do it. My husband also commented on how cranky I get past 8 lol. 
  • Options
    margareth-2margareth-2 member
    edited July 2017
    34w today 

Braxton hicks, constipation, some headaches, some insomnia, inability to get comfortable, some heartburn.  

The usual! 

Edited to add Braxton Hicks -- how could i forget? 
  • Options
    34+3 today! I pee just about every 30 mins and get very little sleep at night. I'm sore and uncomfortable and oh so moody. Ahhhh the joys of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    32+4

- The heat has really been getting to me. Ive been having trouble breathing when it gets humid. Ive had two prior summer pregnancies and that never happened to me before!
    - Dizzy spells
    - Rib pain
    - Heartburn (but actually a little better this week...?!)
  • Options
    @Cats*in*space I also have noticed a giant expanding ribcage.. I also hope it goes back to being smaller because I got measured for a nursing bra and I am officially an awkward nonexistent size due to a larger band size and zero cup size :( They're like well, the closest size we have is this.... (still too big in the cups). Give me back my Itty bitty bras!

33+6 Lots of painful baby kicks, she is moving around a ton and I pray she has turned. Stubborn girl likes to be frank breech for over 13 weeks. Hip pain, back pain, and I'm now getting swollen sausage toes that I can't seem to get rid of despite elevation and rest. Major bummer as my shower is this weekend and I have a dress and now my feet are going to look ugly.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    34+5
    My lower back, pelvis, and feet are always sore now.
    Feet are swollen, so I can now officially only wear 2 pairs of my shoes, one of which is a pair of flip flops I bought one size up a few weeks ago. I have a formal event in 2 weeks, so I'm going to have to go shopping for something. 
    Sleepy.
    Hot.

@maddyclarkin1 We tend to call that lightning crotch around here.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 from what I've heard, your cup size should increase quite a bit when your milk comes in, so hopefully that puts you into a size that exists! Also ribs are supposed to go back to normal eventually!
  • Options
    @maddyclarkin1 I get the sharp pain too from time to time,  but as @MrsVP614 said it's just lightening crotch
  • Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited July 2017
    @Rhubarb7216 IS MY FAVORITE PERSON ON THE PLANET FOR TELLING ME MY RIBS WILL GO BACK INTO PLACE EVENTUALLY :) Even though I'll probably be the lucky one that they just don't.

Can you also tell me my hips will go back to being able to fit in my stretchy cotton shorts again? Idk how I became SO WIDE.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I think hips may always stay a little bit wider than they were before, but not sure. I've also heard from friends that it can take more time for hips to go back closer to normal than it takes to lose the baby weight, so the number on the scale says you're back to normal, but pants still don't fit the same. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but better to be prepared, right?
  • Options
    Every woman is different but I have always been lucky and my ribs and hips go back to normal. As said though hips tend to take a little longer. I am actually hoping to invest in the hip and waist trainer this time. I was super frustrated with the last two because I lost all the weight but still couldn't wear my pants because of my hips.
  • Options
    Ugghh :(:(:( thanks...

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    32w1d, I'm sooooo tired. It's my last week before I go back to teaching. I woke up this morning, was awake for 2 hours, then went back to bed for a 2 hour nap. I still feel exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to survive for 6 weeks after I go back to work next week.
  • Options
    Baby kicks are so strong! I'm convinced I'm having this baby early (but hopefully not preterm or too early!) because he seems to really want out of there! 

So. Hard. To. Concentrate. -- not sure if this "baby-brain" is due to excitement/anticipation but I feel like I'm a disaster at work right now!
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 have to agree that every body is different. My band went up 8 inches with my first, but I carry my babies really high and have a tiny rib cage to begin with. PP my ribs shrunk down pretty quickly. I am still one band size larger than pre pregnancy. My hips were already huge before my 1st, so they never got big. This time I am feeling really wide.
  • Options
    Really weird and constant reflux. BH. Starting to get back pain from my belly pulling on muscles. Foot swelling when we have 100+ days, so I bought new shoes. Rash. Exhaustion. 
  • Options
    34w4d  - trouble sleeping and I wake up in the morning with back and rib pain. Heartburn/acid reflux had gone away for a couple of weeks, but now it's been coming back off and on. Thank goodness my OB said I could take zantac because it is 100x better than tums.
  • Options
    I'm taking my last Nexium tonight (14 day therapy).. I'm so sad to see if heartburn from hell will return. I know what you're all talking about - the gagging throwing up in the middle of the night, being woken up and kept up for hours in tears because of how bad it is.
    Luckily I believe I can take it up to 3 therapies in a row according to Nexium. We'll see if I need to look into a second dose. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Ahhh I'm at work and just noticed I have a wet spot on the back of my dress! So embarrassing! I've had an increase in discharge lately... I don't think it's anything or concern but it is unpleasant and gross!
  • Options
    34+2 and feeling weird pelvic/low abdominal pain whenever I stand up. Not sure if baby is dropping or if this is just another fun part of this adventure...
  • Options
    32+3 really bad insomnia coupled with just not being able to get comfortable means I have been watching WAY too much tv in the middle of the night. Trouble breathing. Just got over a yeast infection, which sucked. But now my crotch is unbelievably itchy all the time and literally keeping me awake at night.....
  • Options
    @jenn622-2 I have also had an increase in discharge over the past few weeks.  Every time I go to the bathroom I change my panty liner. 
  • Options
    I keep getting random cramps in my upper inner thighs, akin to lightning crotch but not quite in my crotch. Usually when I'm walking. The heat here is killing me. Keep getting Braxton Hicks too because I'm doing too much. I know I need to slow it down, but we are about to paint the kids' room and finish doing the big room swap, which we *really* should have done 2 months ago before I was too huge to do anything.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am eternally exhausted and nauseous lately. My feet and legs have also been very swollen. Even my flip flops don't really fit anymore.

@cmar1006 That describes how I feel exactly!
  • Options
    34+2 and feeling weird pelvic/low abdominal pain whenever I stand up. Not sure if baby is dropping or if this is just another fun part of this adventure...
    Could be ligament pain. I also get uncomfortable when I stand up, but it is always a braxton hicks contraction.
  • Options
    @lexibelly - your selflessness is enough to make this emotional pregnant lady tear up! You are an amazing person for going through all this for your sister!!

so yea, one of my symptoms this week is everything makes ne cry, ha.
  • Options
    Started having uncomfortable braxton hicks with pressure yesterday morning at work.  Usually it only lasts no longer than an hour but it came to the point after 2 hours I finally went in to the midwife.  Sure enough contractions were 6-7 minutes apart.  Checked and cervix was completely closed and still posterior.  Hopefully this isn't the start of prodromal labor!
  • Options
    OK soooo I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and I just went to the bathroom and I lost a huge glob of mucus. It looked like egg whites. This is my third baby and I have never seen this before. I've never lost my mucus plug before delivery either so I'm not sure if that's my mucus plug or normal? Anyone have any idea what it could be? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @efrey1986 that just sounds like discharge which is ramping up at this point in pregnancy. The mucus plug literally looks like mucus or snot. It's not white more of a yellow. Hope this helps! 
    This is my 3rd also and I'm 34 weeks and the discharge has been on a while nother level this go round. Not a fan. Lol
  • Options
    @efrey1986 It could have been your mucus plug. Mine was not an egg white consistency, more gelatinous and I lost it at 32 weeks. It is known to sometimes fall out and regrow. You can call your OB to confirm, plus they like to be kept on top of any significant changes.