March 2018 Moms
Options

Wear ALL the Babies

2»

Re: Wear ALL the Babies

• Options
    I love the idea of babywearing and had planned to with my 1st, but as a newborn my DD HATED every type of wrap/carrier I tried.  I tried at least 5 different kinds and the only thing she would go in was the ergo with the infant insert on my husband (who is 6'4" so she could spread right out on him).  As she got bigger and was able to look around and see things she would go in the ergo with me, but even after the newborn phase I could never keep her in a wrap or sling.  She always tried to wriggle out. I do want to try this again as I know every baby can be completely different. This can work right??  I'm quite short and curvy and always felt like when I wore her it just wasn't comfortable for her. 
  • Options
    Sorry for not quoting people right now! 

I love my Ergo 360 and when my son was a newborn, the Baby K'Tan was my love. I found the K'Tan so easy to use vs other carriers and pretty supportive. 

Doing my research was dizzying! To the FTM's, I recommend just thinking about what you would want: Speed of putting it on, nursing while wearing, lightweight, back support, washable, etc...

No carrier that I know of accomplishes everything, so everyone I know has 2: one for the newborn days and one for the older days. 

Pro tip: I asked our physical therapist about different carriers and baby's legs and all that. He said no carrier that he has seen is truly perfect and they are all equal, in terms of baby's positioning, whether it's a sling, or a Bjorn or whatever. He said just give baby breaks every once in awhile to adjust and wear what gives mom the best support. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @scotiagirl all babies are different. Some just don't like being worn, but you'll find something that works for you. Try a few.
  • Options
    scotiagirlscotiagirl member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @isntthatspeshul! I keep telling myself that every baby is different in hopes of trying a number things again with this next baby! With my DD we got the ergo as gift and then borrowed bunch different types wraps and sling from friends to try so maybe I'll do same thing again so I can figure out what works.  I certainly hope to be able wear this baby more given that I'll also have a very active toddler running around - but I find it so hard to expect anything after the challenge I had with DD! 
  • Options
    Hooray for babywearing!  I like to use my Lillebaby the most, but I also have several woven wraps and a ring sling.  I can't seem to master back carries with a wrap, so I back carry a lot with the LB.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***