August 2017 Moms

STM+ check in 7/21

@morgy_bee I thought I'd post for you, hope you don't mind.

How many other children do you have?

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Cravings:

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What is something you swore you'd never do pre-baby parenting wise that you totally caved on?

Re: STM+ check in 7/21

• How many other children do you have? 1, DS is 2

How far along are you? 37 weeks today

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? He's dropped and his head is causing so much pressure. DS was breech so I never experienced this. So weird.

Cravings: Everything. I really want some chili cheese fries from Longhorn 

Any appointments this week? I went Wednesday. Had my group b strep test and she checked me, I was 1/2 cm dilated. I only have 2 more appointments between now and scheduled c section. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had a prenatal massage last night and I was disappointed. I know they can't do deep tissue, but it felt like she didn't even try. 

GTKY: What is something you swore you'd never do pre-baby parenting wise that you totally caved on? Screen time and as he got older he started sleeping with us. It's been a hard habit to break, but we're getting there.

• How many other children do you have?

1, DS is 2.

How far along are you?

36 weeks, 6 days! Almost full term, wooohoooo!

Baby is super low, so lots of pressure. And the heat here is making me even more exhausted than i already am.

Cravings:

Tomatoes and Mozzarella, Milkshakes, anything COLD.

I had my 36 week US and check this past Monday.  Baby looked great, measuring over 7lbs.  I'm dilated 2cm and 70% effaced, so DDay could be anytime!  I go again on Monday for my 37 week checkup.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Rant: the A.C. in my car broke!  It's too damn hot for this, and I really don't want to have this added expense!

GTKY: What is something you swore you'd never do pre-baby parenting wise that you totally caved on?

Screen time- tv and iPad.  Although I have held firm to no screen time when we go out to a restaurant.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...

One 2.5 year old DD 

How far along are you? 37 weeks today 

I'm experiencing BH for the first time, didn't get them with my DD. Thankfully this go around I'm not having the awful Charley horses I had all the time with DD. 

Cravings: this week it's fruit and chips and salsa 

Any appointments this week? Currently sitting in the waiting room for my 37 weeks check up

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Making separate meals for my toddler. She is so picky (gets it from her Daddy, I would eat anything as a kid). Sometimes it's just because I don't get around to cooking our dinner till close to her bedtime, sometimes she's just stubborn. Though I do thick somethings she refuses to eat because of texture. 

I talked her into eating a bite of strawberry a month or so ago, she vomited it and the rest of her lunch back up. If I had puréed that strawberry she'd have eaten it with no problem, she also loves sucking on frozen strawberries (until they get to soft again). 

• edited July 2017
    Posted but most of it cut off. Too lazy to redo
  • How many other children do you have? DS is 2.5

How far along are you? 37+ 2

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Feel awful today.  Normally I don't mind the heat/ humidity unless it is crazy but  between the feet leg swelling and feeling meh today just isn't going well.  Lots of pressure low and uncomfortable borderline painful Braxton Hicks.  DS was a December baby so no real swelling.  BH are a lot worse this go around.  

Cravings: Nutella, McDonalds, Cheesecake factory, Chick-fil-A (closest one to me is something like 3+ hours away) and the worst one: A mojito.  

Any appointments this week? Had appt on Tuesday and was really only 1/4 inch dilated if even that much.  Baby is snug in there.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Had 3 nursing bras and a sleep bra come in from Motherhood.  Super excited as all are washed and drying.

Same as @SouthernMama15:. Screen time/ TV & co sleeping toddler.  We only use screen time and home and if we are desperate in the car.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kristenk727 that sucks about the A/C. I'd cry!

How many other children do you have? 1, 3 yr old DD

How far along are you? 38+1

Pelvic pain (didn't have with DD), heartburn (didn't have as much with DD), Exhaustion (don't remember 3rd tri being this bad), oh and lovely hemorrhoids (definitely never had with DD)

Cravings: Macaroni salad, Chobani Flips, grapes, ice cream...cold stuff

Any appointments this week? Had one Wednesday. I'm 2cm, softened, baby is still high.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Need to determine names yet which is driving me crazy!

I always wondered how people could "allow" their kids to get out of their chairs at restaurants. I said I'd never let mine "misbehave" at a restaurant. DD was great until age 2 and then wouldn't sit still for anything. She's a lot better now that she's 3 but I used to get so anxious when she wouldn't sit still and we'd let her out of her chair a bit. Now I don't even notice other kids out of their chairs. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How many other children do you have? DS who is 3.5

How far along are you? 36 + 6

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I have leg cramps and am tired, but really the 3rd trimester is pretty easy for me.

Cravings: Ice Cream

Any appointments this week? I had an appointment Tuesday and all looks good.  I asked about cervical checks and they don't do them unless there are other signs.  I am glad I don't have to do those weekly from here on out.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and am trying to balance keeping DS busy without over committing.  Keeping him busy makes the time go faster but I am also not getting much prep work done.  I have the basics taken care of but all the extra stuff is getting pushed aside.

GTKY: What is something you swore you'd never do pre-baby parenting wise that you totally caved on?  We co-sleep which I didn't really plan on but am not against either.  The big one for me is I thought DH and I would make one on one time more of a priority then it has been.  We don't live near family and having a kid with high anxiety in new situations has made it hard to achieve.  Plus DH feels like he is gone so much at work he really wants the time at home with DS.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stuck in box

DS is 20 months and DD is 20 months

How far along are you?

37+6

The pressure is so bad.   The hemmorhoids are so bad.   I am being induced next Saturday and I don't know if I can wait that long.    Also super emotional all the sudden.   Haven't been emotional this whole pregnancy.

Cravings:

Anything cold 

Pre-induction and two nsts and a biophysical

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I can't sleep, like at all.   Anyone else having this problem?

My kids eat everything we eat.   So if I buy a little bag of m and ms they eat some with us.   Not a lot 2 or 3 but I always swore no candy, kids don't need candy.   Ha!

• @SouthernMama15 thank you. Today was crazy!!!!!!! 

Two. DS is 5 DD is 21 months

How far along are you?

38w1d

There is so much pressure and heaviness downtown. I was never this uncomfortable with either of my pregnancies! 

I'm also either starving or have no appetite at all. 

Cravings:

Ice pops, popsicles, shaved ice, ice water.....get the theme??? 

There is a local popsicle cart that makes gourmet handcrafted popsicles and my boss bought me some. Amazing!!!!! 

I had my 38 week check today. I tested positive for GBS. I have never been positive so I'm bummed. I'm hoping labor doesn't start with my water breaking because I want to labor at home if possible! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Baby is engaged fully in the pelvis and it brings tears to my eyes sometimes to walk, especially after sitting. 

Junk/processed food. My kids are so picky. So so picky. I never thought I would be making stir fry (or the like) for myself and hubs and then chicken nuggets in the oven for my kids. I feel so guilty but they are making progress without pushing anything on them. 

DD is 14 months

How far along are you?

36 weeks!

Like everyone else, lots of pressure. Definite increase in contractions. Pretty sure I've lost most of my mucus plug.

Cravings:

Honestly, not much.

I had my 36 week check yesterday. 3cm and 60% I have another appointment on Tuesday or I'd have to drive all the way to the other side of town for the other office.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

First it was cosleep...then it was CIO. But we did both and now everyone sleeps!

Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • How many other children do you have? Three: DS1 is 10, DS2 is 6, and DD is 22mos.

How far along are you? 34 weeks on Sunday. RCS scheduled for 8/31. 

What symptoms are you having? Aches & pains in my lower back, hips, and legs, heartburn, raging appetite, and general lack of energy to do more than take care of the kids each day. How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Each pregnancy has been its own unique experience really. 

Cravings: Salads, fruit, nuts, Greek yogurt, chips and salsa, sandwiches. My appetite has been insane the last two weeks! 

Any appointments this week? This coming Tuesday. Regular check-up. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant: I went to retrieve DD's old infant car seat from my parents house, and couldn't find it anywhere. I think they gave it away. Rave: I ordered a new car seat and the double stroller today. That pretty much takes care of every we need for baby.

GTKY: What is something you swore you'd never do pre-baby parenting wise that you totally caved on? Over the last almost 11 years, I've caved on everything mentioned above, except co-sleeping when they're small (I just personally toss & turn too much, and it wouldn't be safe).  I was big on zero fast food when it was just DS, but my kids have had more take-out kids meals than I care to admit at this point. 

2 boys - 8 and 5

How far along are you?

34+6

Moving around is getting more difficult and uncomfortable.  I don't know if it's due to joints becoming looser, feeling more pressure or the baby being lower, but it feels like I've been riding on a horse when I walk a lot.

Cravings:

Fruit, ice cream and desserts.

Checkup on Tuesday.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

It's frustrating eating out and trying to make what I think are pretty good choices and then getting high blood sugar readings.  I don't know if it's due to another surge towards the end of pregnancy where I need to be even more careful about counting carbs or if the restaurant meals are just heavier in carbs than I think they are.  I'm looking forward to eating normally again without having to worry about this.

I don't know if I swore I'd never do it, but I had no intention of co-sleeping.  Then I wound up with a baby who couldn't be put down for the first 6 months without crying hysterically.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers