Trouble TTC

Intro (child and loss mentioned)

hello!

My name is Hannah. I'm 29 and have a 3 yr old with my hubs. 

I was diagbosed last last year with PCOS and told that my uterine heath is... not ideal... due to lack of treatment over the years. I had been trying to get a doctor to take my symptoms seriously but no one did until last year. Thankfully, I adore my doctor now. 

I am am pretty sure I had a miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy in March of 2016.

my hubs and I have been NTNP for almost two years (although I would've been actively trying harder had it been my decision) and actively trying for awhile. My doctor has explained that natural conception is pretty unlikely for me. 

So so here I am. My friends don't really get it, and we aren't necessarily announcing to anyone that we are TTC. Or that I have clear fertility issues. 

Im feeling very lonely and frustrated, and frankly betrayed by my body. 

Hoping to to be able to pick up some support. 

I ised used to be active a few years ago when I was pregnant. I was a bit of a know-it-all turd, so if you recognize my name please don't hold that against me. I've learned since then that there is zero way to prepare for parenthood
Pregnancy Ticker
image image

Re: Intro (child and loss mentioned)

• I am sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.  I think you will find that the ladies on this board are awesome and super supportive.  The important thing to remember is, you are not alone!  You are in good company here :)

I am glad that you finally have found a doctor you like and that is taking you seriously.  Have you started any treatment yet?
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• hannahlcehannahlce member
    edited July 2017
    Sort of? After my diagnosis I was told to do a few cycles with just progestin, to basically clear out my uterus. I started metformin shortly after that but stopped because the side effects were... rough. I tried to lose weight but it was pretty much impossible. 

In the winter I did a round of clomid, which was unsuccessful. I sank into a horrific depression, and it was kind of unclear if it was caused by the clomid, the disappointment from not concieving, or if it was just my "normal" depression kicking into gear. Either way, I was afraid to try again. 

I started metformin again in the spring at a lower dose, and have made more of an effort to exercise and eat better. I've lost 13% of my body weight since then. We did a round of letrezole, after reading that it was recommended more than clomid for PCOS patients, but didn't successfully ovulate on it :( 

Im supposed to do OPKs at home until my next appointment (next month) and then we will decide what to do. She was talking about doing this horrible sounding dye test to check my Fallopian tubes (HSG I want to say?). It sounds awful so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • HSG's aren't that bad.  I only had some mild cramping with mine, which is the norm.  Most doctors will have you take something over the counter before hand in case you cramp.  If your doctor does decide that she wants to do it, which is pretty standard testing for infertility, don't sweat it too much.  I actually found mine pretty interesting as I could see the image as the dye was injected.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Hi, HannahIce! I have PCOS as well and it can really bum you out, especially because it seems not a lot of doctors know what to really do about it. My doctor has recommended the HSG test for me as well if this round of clomid doesn't work. She already had me do a thrombophilia panel so my blood is fine but it's my progesterone, the PCOS and diabetes. But it's nice to meet you and I'm sorry for your lost it's a horrible feeling for anybody.