March 2018 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad check in 7/20

I was thinking this could be a more informal check in to just catch up with our friends! So What's everyone got going on this week?

Re: TTGP Grad check in 7/20

• Options
    This thread is slowly dying, where are you ladies??
  • Options
    Nooooooooo it must live on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited July 2017
    @GG620 I know what you mean about time passing slowly between appointments. I have 6 days till this u/s and freaking out. I was 6 weeks as of yesterday and like clockwork got major aversions and cravings and nausea all at once. I guess that's not bad though because it's a new symptom. Also I had been so good for about a week and a half on this dairy free thing trying to be strong like @bethennyfrankel and then yesterday I caved and it felt SO GOOD. I am weak!
  • Options
    Hey guys!  Things are good on my end.  Just anxiously awaiting my first appointment next Thursday.  I can't seem to think about much else lately.  Time is going soooo slow!   I just want to see a heartbeat and make sure baby is measuring on target.  After that, I can focus on something else (like the kiddos heading back to school).

I'm still not having many symptoms - no nausea. Just slight fatigue and severely sore/tender breasts.  In my past pregnancies, my nausea usually showed up around 7-8 weeks, so I'm anticipating the same this time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @bethennyfrankel I'm sorry MS is hitting you so hard! I'm kinda bracing for it. That's amazing the dairy isn't giving you as much trouble! I read somewhere butter is "not as bad" as cheese or milk. Do you think that's true? Because going more lax on the butter would def make things easier for me. 

Also @heatherdubrow and @antoto I've been meaning to ask you guys as other NIR PCOS' ers who are KU, do you have issues with dairy? Have you tried to cut it before or after your BFPs, and if so, did you have positive results? If you didn't cut it or re-introduced it, what played into your decision? I'm trying to figure out where I stand in all this and it helps to hear what others are thinking. I've done some looking around online and I get the reasons for quitting it, but I'm still a little confused (and honestly also looking for excuses not to monitor my diet so strictly, because I love food).

If you cut dairy when KU, how do you know for sure if your reduction in side effects are a result of cutting dairy or pregnancy? Also if reducing dairy and cutting dairy completely have similar results, KU or not KU, I'd rather be less strict generally. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 I don't seem to have an issue with dairy, but gluten seems to bother me. One thing my daughters pediatrician said was not to cut out food groups during pregnancy. My DD had a dairy/soy protein intolerance so I asked 'if I get pregnant again should I just cut it out from the beginning' and she said that lack of exposure could make it more likely that my next child would have that intolerance. Sorry not related to pcos but thought I would put in my two cents.
    What symptoms do you have when you consume dairy? I've never noticed a problem myself.
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited July 2017
    @heatherdubrow Because I found out about the PCOS the same day as I got my BFP, I never tested cutting dairy before I was KU and so I don't know for sure what it caused. I suspect it may have played a role in adult acne (mild but still frustrating), but I heard you need to cut it at least a month to know for sure if it helps with that. And even if I did cut it for a month and my skin improved, if that happens while I'm KU couldn't the hormonal changes of pregnancy play a role in that improvement, and would I ever really know that dairy was the magic bullet? Other than acne I don't know. Maybe IF? But I didn't cut it before my IUI that worked so I can't tell. I was told my PCOS is on the mild side (and no cysts). I could have "hostile cervical mucus" that is/was really the problem for all I know.

I appreciate what you said about the food intolerance. I definitely want to do what I can to avoid a kid getting that, obviously, and I hadn't considered that before. 
  • Options
    @bethennyfrankel That makes a ton of sense! Thank you! Just hearing what you guys are saying about this I already feel the pressure lifting and another delicious buttered bagel coming on... 
  • Options
    @antoto I think you're entitled to that desire, you've waited long enough!!
    Ill be crossing everything for you on Saturday!
  • Options
    @antoto Thank you for your dairy input!

I hope you have an amazing beta. As for the students coming back, wha??? So summer doesn't exist anymore? Did you only get like 3 weeks off? 
  • Options
    @vflux33 well we started summer the first week of June. So it's fair. 
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    @vflux33 ahh can't wait for you ultrasound! So excited for you!

@antoto I totally hear you and not wanting to do anything but baby-related things haha. It is all I want to do lol so excited for your betas!! Can't wait to hear about them

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    Sorry I'm late today. Still visiting family which makes things crazy. Mostly I'm wondering if my boobs are going to stop growing. They are already the same size as they were in the height of breastfeeding. With DS my boobs didn't grow until the third trimester. :astonished:

I can't weigh in on the PCOS/dairy debate, but I have heard the same as @heatherdubrow said about cutting out food could cause allergies for the baby from my doctor as well. 

@antoto I hope you have fantastic Betas!

@ladybugsamom Hopefully you can find some good distractions to make the next week pass by quickly!

@bethennyfrankel I hope your u/s goes well Monday. I'm sorry that you didn't feel better working out--but selfishly, it makes me feel better because the idea of doing any kind of workout makes me want to hurl. I'm so tired too. 

@GG620 4 people quit?! That sounds like a rough week. Does that leave you alone at work?? Also, hopefully you can keep busy until your next appointment too. 

@vflux33 I can't wait to hear how your u/s goes either! 
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    @mdfarmchick ughh it is awful. My unit specifically went from 3 people to just me (other people left in other units) and the office is currently asking for recommendations for new hires. Even once they interview and select someone, its a 30 day background check so pretty much i am currently doing the job of 3 people for 2 months. I just can't and have no idea what to do. Also, F that kind of stress right now lol

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    Lol @haylsbayls I had the same fleeting thought yesterday morning when I was waiting for beta results. I was all "hmmm I wonder if there's a log somewhere that shows them how many times I've accessed this page." Because it was definitely in the dozens :D Hang in there, and I hope the number is good! 
  • Options
    @haylsbayls hey!!! I'm glad you posted!! Ugh I did the same thing waiting for my betas. I called my ivf nurse like 3 times asking for results. I'm sure they're used to crazy...
  • Options
    @kmalls @heatherdubrow  my line wasn't darker and pretty faint this morning so I don't think I will believe it until I see the numbers!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    @haylsbayls FX for good numbers!
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    @haylsbayls I was the same way! FX for awesome betas!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @haylsbayls great number!!! 
  • Options
    @antoto Ahhh good luck with your beta tomorrow. You must be so anxious!!! That summer break still feels short, I feel as though we had mid June - early September.

• Options
    @haylsbayls That's great!!
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    @haylsbayls that's so great!! Congrats! You're giving me hope, I just had my second beta draw this afternoon and I'll be on pins and needles until I see the number. My first beta was lower than yours :#
  • Options
    @kmalls good luck!! When do you hear back from the?

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited July 2017
    @haylsbayls I won't hear from my OB until Monday, but I have access to my chart through the patient portal and that updates the moment the results are recorded. I'm hoping I'll see the number before noon tomorrow. 

...so yes, I'll be hitting refresh from now until who knows when :D
  • Options
    @antoto Do you know when you're supposed to get your beta results back?
  • Options
    Oh yes @antoto good luck!!
  • Options
  • Options
    @antoto great number!!! 
  • Options
    @antoto yay!!! That's a great number. 

• Options
    GG620GG620 member
    @antoto yyayy, awesome number!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @kmalls It's more than doubling, which is great! I'm sorry you're stressing. Most people don't even get a beta before the 4 week mark, maybe this is why... Are you going to get another one?