November 2017 Moms
Options

gtky 7/19 - birth story

Tell us what you know about your birth story (as in, your mother giving birth to you). 
I saw this on another Month club and thought it was such a cool topic. 

My mother said I was born still in the sac (
amniotic sac). The only one out of her 4 children that was like that! I was a tiny little "corn" and she had my vaginally & med free. 
4 years TTC (Unexplained)
2014: 3 IUIs Failed
2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: gtky 7/19 - birth story

• Options
    My mom said I was a 32 hour labor, born on the day I was due and came out with lots of hair and a perfect tan! Haha! 
  • Options
    I was born on my due date and it only took 2 pushes to get me out. I weighed 8 something. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My twin and I made our mom miss most of her baby shower. Pretty sure she didn't get cake. We came 3 weeks early.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    NYTino24 said:
    My twin and I made our mom miss most of her baby shower. Pretty sure she didn't get cake. We came 3 weeks early.
    Did she go into labor during the shower?!
  • Options
    foxaírtfoxaírt member
    edited July 2017
    Under strict instructions that my sister would not be sharing her birthday with the baby i was born the following morning (she turned 6) .Doc suddenly said stop! And my mum had to stop pushing amidst contractions while they unwound the umbilical cord from my neck which was wrapped twice
    I was purple and not breathing when I was born 
    Was 6am and a Thursday .
  • Options
    Abby7Abby7 member
    My family is kind of conservative so my mom feels like the nitty-gritty of my birth is private and hasn't shared much. I found out when I was 17 and had to get my pediatrician's records to transfer to a college doctor that I was a c-section - when I asked my mom she said she didn't tell me because she didn't want me to feel bad about it. (???)

I was born in 1977 so things were very very different even from what 80s pregnant ladies probably went through. (Side note: my mother was a labor & delivery RN before she had me, so she did the L&D floor 1973 - 1976 or so and has all the stories on 70s birth.) I was 3 weeks late...was supposed to be November 22-ish and was born December 8. But I was only 8 lbs 11 oz and I came out with normal skin etc., not overdue seeming, so my theory is that they had my mother's dates wrong.  I know that she went into labor naturally and that they had to do an emergency c-section at 10 AM after being in the hospital all night and that she had a spinal. She's barely 5 feet tall and 100 lbs at that time and I think her body was just too small to deliver naturally. Also, I was her first, and she had to have scheduled c-sections for my sister and brother after that. Cool fact is that my sister was born in the same room 20 months later, and then my niece was born in that same room 20 years later.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited July 2017
    I was the quick one. My dad had switched airlines for work and had to go to his annual training. The OB told my dad that he was in the clear to go...wrong. So he leaves AK and goes to training in TX, my mom in sure thought I was indigestion or something but she goes to the hospital and turns out she is in labor. Back then you delivered in the OR type room no matter what. Doctor isn't there at the hospital yet. Nurse is wheeling my mom to the delivery room. Mom shouldn't be pushing yet but I'm ready to come and the nurse doesn't think about it much. Either way, my mom pushes but her water hadn't broken yet which means the nurse at the end of the gurney an unwanted surprise of amniotic fluid all over them.  I think the doctor showed up just in time for me to be born.  
  • Options
    I am the last of 5! 19 days overdue. 10lb 5oz, mom says I was the easiest birth despite my size! Poor mom haemorrhaged badly after I was born and I was rushed away.
    She didn't get to see me until the day after when my dad wheeled me up from the nursery.
  • Options
    kalenpkalenp member
    I was the first of 5 and was a csection because I was breech. But they let my mom go 40 weeks +1 and then had me. Interestingly enough, she was able to go on to have a natural birth, a birth with an epidural and then twins, one of whom came out with an emergency csection. 
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lancomechica2 Yes, my mom went into labor during or right before her shower. AND she didn't know she was pregnant until about 6 months since she was so irregular and bled throughout. She was small and didn't start gaining weight until late in the game. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 that is crazy! Wow! 
  • Options
    EinnehEinneh member
    @NYTino24  Aww, talk about being surprised at a baby shower!

my parents always say how lucky we are to have all the technologies we have now a day. We get to know the gender early on and be more prepared. My parents had to wait till we were born to know what they were getting lol
    4 years TTC (Unexplained)
    2014: 3 IUIs Failed
    2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
    2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First-born, mom was in labor 48 hours with me before they discovered I was breach and had to have a c-section. Back then they didn't do ultrasounds much, so they had no idea until they were trying to get me out lol. The doctor scraped my butt with the scalpel during delivery and I still have that scar! I'm just glad we have the ultrasounds now so we can know if the baby is breach before going through 48 hours of labor! Lol.