Babies on the Brain
Options

GTKY: Houses

Since people were talking about house hunting....
How big is your current house? Bed/bath
What is your favorite thing about where you currently live?
What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live?
Is your current house your forever home?
If not...
How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath
What would be on your dream home wish list?
Bonus: picture of a dream home... 
PS. I am not trying to be a creeper - by picture I mean like picture you find off Pinterest or interwebz :)

Re: GTKY: Houses

• Options
    How big is your current house? Bed/bath My current house is like 1600 sq ft 3 bdrm/ 2 bath
    What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? I love our location/neighborhood and I love the mature trees. Inside I love my fireplace
    What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live? It just isn't enough for us :( I'd like at least 1 more bedroom and at least one more half bath
    Is your current house your forever home? Probably not unless we remodel
    If not...
    How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath I wish it was more like 2500 sq ft with a minimum of 2.5 bathrooms but 3.5 would probably be optimal. I'd love 5 bedrooms
    What would be on your dream home wish list? definitely a fireplace - all the houses I lived in growing up had fireplaces, a playroom for the boys, and office/craft room for me, open kitchen...
    Bonus: picture of a dream home... I love these below  <3 

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    How big is your current house? Bed/bath Brace yourself... about 850 sq ft! Technically 2 bedrooms however we use a room that's supposed to be a dining room that has doors and a closet right outside in the hallway as our bedroom.   We have one bathroom.  
    What is your favorite thing about where you currently live?  I love our location!  We are in a small town on a street that's mostly houses built in the 1800's with big trees.  We're walking distance to a grocery store and restaurants.  
    What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live?  We need more living space.  The kitchen is so tight I'm always getting frustrated and bumping into things.  
    Is your current house your forever home? Nope
    If not...
    How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath  I'd be happy with between 1,500 and 2,000 sq feet.  I definitely at the very least want another half bathroom.  Another full bath would be even better!   
    What would be on your dream home wish list?  Old!  A fire place, mudroom, wood work and lots of character!  Bonus: picture of a dream home...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How big is your current house? A two-storey house - 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths - 1250 sqft
    What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? We live in a very family friendly neighborhood with lots of bike paths and ponds.
    What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live? We live in a new subdivision (I think it's almost done the last phase) and there's hardly any trees. I wish we lived in a more mature neighborhood where people are buying their forever homes. 
    Is your current house your forever home? No, it's a starter home. We bought it for a ridiculously low price and now that businesses are starting to pop up the subdivision is becoming more desirable and we will be able to sell it for a lot of profit. Which will happen in the next 1-2 years
    If not...
    How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath I'd be happy with 4 beds/3.5 baths, but I would like a bigger house, something around 1800-2000 sqft.
    What would be on your dream home wish list? More trees, a bigger yard, open concept, more character rather than a cookie-cutter home. 
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited July 2017

How big is your current house? Bed/bath I think it's like 1600? (Edit: Just looked it up and it's 1856.) Not totally sure. It's technically listed as 3/2, but one of the bedrooms has a door that opens into the garage (I guess it was the style back then?), which was perfect for us since the third bedroom was always planned to be MH's office.
    What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? I love the neighborhood! We are on a cul-de-sac and there's a park at the end of the street!
    What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live? I wish it were closer to downtown LA and/or that there was a better local food scene here.
    Is your current house your forever home? Probably, unless we end up having more than 1 kid (which I think neither of us is planning on).
    If not...
    How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath I do wish that we had 1 more bedroom just to give us that bit of wiggle room. It would be nice to have a guest bedroom if we still stick with 1 kid. I also wish that we had a large jet bathtub in the master bath (it's a really nice rainwater dual shower, but still...).
    What would be on your dream home wish list? We were basically looking for this house to be our dream house, and our requirements were: 1 level, no pool, no HOA, backyard that's big enough for a dog (bigger would be better, but I'm ok with what we've got), good family and walking area, quiet, 2 car garage, not an open floor plan (separate living room area from family room area). It was surprisingly difficult to find something that wasn't an open floor plan (that's all the rage these days) AND didn't have a pool.
    Bonus: picture of a dream home...  I love the kind of cottage looking houses with porches with fenses:

I know this one is 2 stories but I like it and in a perfect world I'd love us to own a home in this area: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Yountville-CA/2097509110_zpid/55293_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/38.421268,-122.342269,38.388848,-122.379091_rect/14_zm/ (but obviously with my own furnishings.)

Or this, but bigger:

• Options
    How big is your current house? Bed/bath Technically 3bd 2bath. But we just walked off half the basement to make a bedroom(just no closet so not bedroom per realator standard)..1800SF
    What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? Quiet area lots of mature trees and a big backyard 
    What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live? The layout makes the square footage feel smaller. I need a bigger kitchen/dining area with good storage space, and no carpet in dining. 
    Is your current house your forever home? Hell freaking no
    If not...
    How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath 4 bedrooms min but 5 is ideal, we'd like a room for my inlaws and/or stepson to stay in when they visit, we need office space for DH and I want a kitchen with lots of starage space. A backyard that is flat.
    See above

#1 is something obtainable #2 is unrealistic but beautiful 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We currently rent a 4br 1.5 bath. 4 bedrooms 1,400sq ft but has very little closet and storage space and no master bedroom. I like the house OK, but it's old and has foundation issues and weird electrical things (no separate circuit for the microwave, so we can't use multiple appliances at a time, which is a PITA). I like our neighborhood OK, but the school district is meh here in the city. 

We would like to find a place in a nearby suburb 3 or 4 br and ideally 2 bathrooms. 2 living areas would be nice, too. And we don't have a garage, so that would be nice.

Picture my dream home as Tara from Gone With the Wind. There is a house here in Dallas that my mom and I love that's like it. It overlooks the lake and you can even see it from across the lake. I'll see if I can find a picture....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Found it! Obviously I will never live there.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    millpemillpe member
    I love hearing about every ones homes and dream homes!

How big is your current house? Currently 3 bed/2 bath and about 1250 sf (or close). We do have an unfinished basement so when we finish that it will be 5 bed/3 bath and 2500sf. 

What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? We love our neighborhood! It is rural new development so it definitely has growing pains, but it is quiet, we have lot's of space, and we have the opportunity to make it our own! Our back yard "neighbors" are cows so that makes it feel even more open! 

We are currently working on lot's of project including landscaping and planting trees. We will also start on the basement this winter. Long term if we stay we would probably update the kitchen to nicer appliances and counter-tops and flooring. We have also talked about doing an addition for more living space if we needed in the future. We would also add a shop.

Is your current house your forever home? It might be, if we made the improvements above. It will probably come down to the market and if it would be a better investment to sell and start over or if we would get the money from upgrades back out. 

If not...

How big do you wish your house was? I think 5 beds/3 baths is the right size for us. I would also want an office and possibly workout area. DH "needs" a shop. 

What would be on your dream home wish list? I think all the things we have.  Large lot is a must for us. Also DH refuses to live in town. My only wish was that it was more custom, higher end, and less cookie cutter. But I liked the price of our home. 

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Oh my!! I live in the Northeast and can't even begin to imagine affording a 4 or 5 bedroom house! Real estate is out rageously priced around here. 
  • Options
    KFrob said:
    Oh my!! I live in the Northeast and can't even begin to imagine affording a 4 or 5 bedroom house! Real estate is out rageously priced around here. 
    Girl I feel you. I'm from greater LA! I am definitely blessed that we are able to afford what we do!
  • Options
    How big is your current house? Bed/bath We're in a 1/1 apartment. I'm not sure of the square footage.
    What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? I'm less than half an hour from Disney World.
    What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live? I wish it was a little bigger and that the pool wasn't constantly swarmed with obnoxious kids.
    Is your current house your forever home? Nope, not at all. We're renting. We'd like to eventually buy a house, but it's not in the cards any time soon.

If not...

How big do you wish your house was? Bed/bath Minimum 3/2.
    What would be on your dream home wish list? A kitchen with a lot of counter space and room for cooking.  Preferably a pool in the backyard. I'd love a house with a nice front porch.

Unattainable:

Attainable:

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    This has been fun to read through!

How big is your current house?
    Our house is a little over 1800sqft. We have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

I love our house! We have wood floors, a fenced backyard, and I love my kitchen! We have a full unfinished basement. Our neighborhood is quiet (for the most part) and I have some sweet neighbors!

While I love the basement, I don't think we're going to have the money to finish it anytime soon. Right now we have the master bedroom, DS's room and a guest bedroom. If we're able to have another child we won't have a guest room. I'd also like if it were a little closer to work (20 miles away).

Yep! It was our first house, and I like the idea of raising my children here and then having them come back with their spouses and kids. We'll see how things work out.
    If not...

Again, I'd like to finish the basement. I'd love to have a guest room and maybe a game room (pool table, wet bar, etc). I'd also like to get a hot tub one day.

If we win the lottery, I'd like the vacation home below. ;)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is fun!  It's crazy how much variety there is in what we have and what we want.  I love the idea of my kids bringing their kids back to the house they grew up in.  I don't know if it'll happen, though.

How big is your current house? Bed/bath
    3 bed, 2 bath, 1750 sqft.
    It's an older, quiet neighborhood, with a park we can walk to.  And it's close to the highway.
    Our backyard is just dirt and weeds.  And our floorplan is pretty funky.  It also has a tiny kitchen and no storage.
    We were hoping it would be when we moved in, because we hate moving and it sounds so much worse with selling and buying houses.  But we're pretty sure we're going to outgrow it, especially with a second kid.  Our third bedroom is just storage now, and I don't know where we'll put it all if we need it as a bedroom.
    If not...
    How big do you wish your house was? 
    If we have enough storage, I think 4 bed, 2.5 bath would be enough.
    I'd love to have a guest room.  And I'd like a much bigger kitchen.  And I like open floor plans, connecting the kitchen with other spaces.  And big windows.  And skylights.  I didn't think I liked skylights, but our current house has them, and I love them.  And I really want an outdoor space we can hang out in, with a patio and shade.  And I want to be able to walk to stores and restaurants in the neighborhood.
    Bonus: picture of a dream home
    This is what I want in a patio.  But with more trees.  
  • Options
    Everyone has been posting such lovley dream homes!! 

How big is your current house? Ranch style 3 bed/1 bath, about 1100sqft on 1/8th acre. No basement, and the dining/living is one room. 

What is your favorite thing about where you currently live? I hate the house, but we are at least close to shopping/food/highway. We can walk to a few places. 

What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live? Everything!! The house and yard are too small, the neighborhood isn't that great, and the schools are even worse. 

Is your current house your forever home? Nooooooo!! 

How big do you wish your house was? 4/5 bed, 3 bath, at least 1800sqft

What would be on your dream home wish list? The above plus - 2-story, full basement, 2-3 car attached garage, 1/4 acre or more, pool, firepit, and parks nearby. 

No pics cause I'm trying to be sneaky at work. Google image search: craftsman style home   I'll take them all!!  <3
  • Options
    I just thought of a quirky must for next house. I must have at least one bathroom with a tub and no windows. This has to do with my migraines but my bathroom with the tub now has a huge window so if I get a migraine during the day im out of luck because there isn't a dark place to hide. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I just thought of a quirky must for next house. I must have at least one bathroom with a tub and no windows. This has to do with my migraines but my bathroom with the tub now has a huge window so if I get a migraine during the day im out of luck because there isn't a dark place to hide. 
    I don't have migraines, but this made me realize I need a bathroom without a window so we have a place to hide during a tornado. In this house we have to cram into a closet....
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    All of you have awesome taste in dream homes!

How big is your current house?  It's pretty big but there are 7 of us (and I greedily still want one more baby).  4 bed/3 bath, 2600 sq ft.  We are converting the "kidcave" (downstairs den) into a new/larger room for our daughter, so then it will be 5 beds.  No basement because we're in SoCal and nobody has basements here--maybe due to earthquakes.

What is your favorite thing about where you currently live?  There are kids in almost every single house on our street!  But that is also my least favorite thing about our neighborhood, haha.  When my littles are napping, there's always someone ringing my doorbell or knocking (or just walking right in) to look for one of my big kids.  I've become the angry lady who's like, "go awaaay!"

What do you wish you could change improve about where you currently live?  Eh, I wouldn't mind a bigger yard.  

Is your current house your forever home?  In all honesty, it probably is.  We were thinking about moving up in house, but we really don't want to get stuck with a bigger mortgage payment.  And the kids would be super devastated to leave their hordes of friends here.

Dream home wish list?  8,000+ sq ft lot, swimmable koi pond (w/ 5-foot fence around it for safety, of course), 6 bedrooms, 3-4 car garage, & located within 30 min of the beach!  Haha, never going to happen!

Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]