October 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In / 7.19

Hey there first time moms!! I hope you all are having a good week!! Share what you wish! 

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What question/comment do you get ask/told the most?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check-In / 7.19

• How far along are you?
    27+6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I haven't checked in here since probably March, so I'd say quite a few!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I passed my one hour glucose screen!! My CBC shows mild anemia, so I need to supplement. Had a shiatsu massage which was amazing. 

Rave: I'm hosting a cookbook swap at my community farmers' market and I am S O excited! I just joined the planning committee this winter, while we were staring down unexplained infertility and I'm grateful I have still be able to participate. I'm not a "joiner" and am a major, major lone wolf so I'm p proud of myself for stepping up. I love my neighbourhood. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? lol who would answer me *screams into void*

GTKY: What question/comment do you get ask/told the most? Literally no one has said a word to me about being pregnant. No one has moved out of my way (despite the fact I've been in obvious physical agony in public). Old ladies glare at my bump a lot while passing me? One middle aged woman pushed me out of the way to get on the streetcar first? I yelled at her tbh and she denied doing it. Canadians aren't as polite as you've been told they are. 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• How far along are you?
    28+6

keep on keeping on. 

had my 28 week appointment last week and got my TDAP shot. LO is breech and hopefully flips around before my 30 week. 

Rants/raves? 
    Babymoon this weekend! In NC anyway for an office offsite for the week so having my husband fly down to do a weekend in Asheville. 

Dr said it was up to me who I asked to get the TDAP shot. He recommended my husband get it and said not necessary for grandparents and uncles but I'm thinking better safe than sorry.

I think the question I get asked the most is around working out. I was crossfitting/weightlifting before and have continued to do so throughout my pregnancy - range of reactions is shocked, impressed and/or disgusted but everyones got something to say.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @cram314 For us: no TDAP booster, no visiting baby. Might be fun with my anti-vax FIL (he's not rabid about it) but my super smart MIL should be able to make it happen so we're letting her handle that conversation.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• How far along are you? 29 Weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nothing new...just slowly getting bigger & a lot more movement in there!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No appointments last week.

Rants/raves? My first baby shower is in almost 2 weeks!!!

GTKY: What question/comment do you get ask/told the most? Most people don't realize that I am pregnant and when they find out I hear, "How far along are you? You're so small! You need to eat more!" I have also been told that I am beautiful more times now, then I have ever before! Not that that is a big deal, but when you have gained weight, you have a baby climbing your ribs or tap dancing on your bladder and just feel blah more days then not, it makes you feel good!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @reneeannemm Some people can be so rude! I don't think people actually notice other people. That is great that you stepped out of your comfort zone to try something new!!

@cram314 I got my TDAP at my last appointment. Now, I'm trying to talk my husband into getting his! Enjoy Asheville! It is a beautiful place!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @reneeannemm about 5 yrs ago my 7 months pregnant friend fell  in the subway during rush hour in Montreal and explained that although she was crying NOBODY ever stopped to help (which made her sobbing worse lol). Im backing you up on this, canadians are NOT that nice. 
  • How far along are you? 29 +4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I can not stay asleep for more than 4 hrs at night 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? appt today. Everything went great! He kicked the heart doppler lol

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  How to nicely say no to used carseats, strollers, cribs without screaming NO I dont think they are still safe lol?

GTKY: What question/comment do you get ask/told the most? Have your feet swelled up yet? Do you have cankles yet? Um no I don't my feet are still normal
  • @yasandson Montrealers are the freaking rudest! Torontonians are considerably less rude, but still pretty awful in the core of the city. I stay on the east side at all costs and it's so much better. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @kncollins09 I have said something like, "oh thank you but my mom wants to buy me a new one" or "thank you but we have our hearts set on xyz model." I had both a crib and car seat offered to me- so appreciated the generosity but like you felt newer was safest! 

How far along? 26 weeks! 

New symptoms or changes? My cellulite is multiplying! I also feel like baby moved significantly bc now I feel a lot more kicks in different places! 

Any appointments? Not since my 24 weeker. Next one is 2 weeks from now- the good ole GD test! 

Rants/raves? 

Questions? What is a polite way to ask family members who will be around baby a lot about vaccines they are willing to get? Like flu and Tdap in particular... (NOT trying to start a vaccine debate on this thread!)

GTKY- What question or comment do you get the most? Are you going back to work? You're barely showing! and Do y'all have a name picked out? The work question annoys me because I am and sometimes I feel judged by the question asker. The showing comment equally annoys me because every body is different and I think my bump is just right! 
  • @nofearinperfectlove You could say, "I received my flu shot & Tdap. You should considering getting them too because flu season will be starting up once the baby is born. The baby can't get a flu shot & his/her immune system is strong enough to fight off colds & other sickness. I think you should get one to help protect the baby." I try to play everything off on the baby because NO ONE wants to see a baby sick or battling for life, especially grandparents!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • STM Lurking here - hope you don't mind my input

cram314 & @nofearinperfectlove  - with dd, our main concern was (were?) people that would have constant contact with dd, especially in the first 6 weeks of life.  So that included immediate family - my mom, grandma, dad, dh's mom, dad, all siblings and their kids.  Thankfully, we had no push back.  For extended family (like my uncles), we couldn't impose on them so, we decided to have a purell bottle handy and just politely asked they use it before going near the baby.  Anybody that had signs of a cold (were sneezing, runny noses, etc), thankfully, they didn't ask to hold the baby or anything but if they did, we'd say "You seem to be coming down with something.  She hasn't really gotten all her shots yet.  How about you hold her next time."  Or would just not offer baby to them, if they didn't ask to hold her.  It's a very touchy subject sometimes but thankfully, it went well.

kncollins09 - I'd just say either we haven't decided on a car seat yet or tell them that the car seat safety people (I forget the name) say that car seats expire after 5 years and we can no longer legally use it.  Maybe even say I want to buy a new one.  Something along those lines.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @hopeby2015 We love STM input!!!! Lurk all you want!! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jsh5jsh5 member
    @kncollins09 Same with the sleeping! And I'm surprisingly not as exhausted during the day as I thought I would be (even when I don't nap with my toddler!)
    With my first I always said something like "thanks so much for thinking of us but my grandma is buying us the one I registered for" or something like that.
  • Thanks for the great advise :) 
  • I meant to post here at the beginning of the week but it's been crazy at work lately. 

How far along are you? 
    28 weeks as of yesterday. Yay third trimester!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really. I did have some trouble sleeping a few days ago. Hopefully that was a one time thing. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nothing until 8/1

Rants/raves? Learning this new skill set at work is a bit stressful but I know nothing but time and experience is going to make it better. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nothing

GTKY: What question/comment do you get ask/told the most? How cute I look. I don't feel cute but the comments can definitely be worse. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    I also meant to post earlier this week and then my train arrived so my brain just forgot! I'm 28w2d today
    Been feeling a lot more movement, but baby continues to be shy when I grab hubby hand to also feel
    Nope, I have my next one in Aug
    Rants/raves? 
    Rant: work has been annoyingly demanding all summer and I know it's just gonna get worse
    When should I be expecting biweekly docs appt?
    So many! Sometimes I get comments that my belly isn't that big and I should eat more. Some people try and calculate to see if I was pregnant at my wedding (baby is due a few days after our 11 month anni, so no). And I get asked about symptoms all the time (What cravings are you having? Are you getting sleep at night? Have you been constipated? Do you cry all the time?). 
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @winterecho After your appt. in Aug you should go every other week. My 30 week appt. is Friday and they said after that one I will go biweekly.
    BabyFetus Ticker