November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/17-7/23

What's up?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/17-7/23

• Options
    I though cheese :) or ginormous hay bales. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read this article today and thought it was very true. Spanking is the worse and hope I never get that mad that I want to do it to my kids but kids do test your patience at times. 

https://mic.com/articles/141851/here-s-what-getting-spanked-as-a-kid-did-to-your-personality-according-to-science#.FKXrVcmor

• Options
    Makes me want to play chubby bunny
  • Options
    I just wanted to nap all day and it made me think of @bklynchica and bedrest. I don't have a desire to be on bedrest but I really wanted to not go to work and to just stay in the bed today. How are you enjoying your bedrest? Have the contractions calmed down?
  • Options
    maegpie said:
    I just wanted to nap all day and it made me think of @bklynchica and bedrest. I don't have a desire to be on bedrest but I really wanted to not go to work and to just stay in the bed today. How are you enjoying your bedrest? Have the contractions calmed down?
    I'd really rather just be tired at work and not stressed about my baby coming early...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @kissthesky32 I totally agree. I just missed my bed and it made me that about her and wonder how she was doing. 
  • Options
    Abby7Abby7 member
    I read this article today and thought it was very true. Spanking is the worse and hope I never get that mad that I want to do it to my kids but kids do test your patience at times. 

https://mic.com/articles/141851/here-s-what-getting-spanked-as-a-kid-did-to-your-personality-according-to-science#.FKXrVcmor

We have spanked a couple of times, like fewer than 5 times ever, and honestly I still feel it was appropriate at the time for her age. Other discipline was not working on those occasions and at some point you just have to put your foot down to avoid the situation escalating further, both for the present and the future, and sometimes this is the only thing they will really understand when they are very young. She's 5 now, we haven't had to do it in over a year, and I can't see ever doing it again as she is old enough for punishments that are designed to make her want to do the right thing rather than being fear-based.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Abby7 I hear you. I think occasional spanking is not horrible and sometimes kids to push limits. I had an impulse reflex once with my son and he pinched me very hard and I just without thinking gave him a light spank on his butt. I had promised myself I would never raise my hand on my kid because my mom used to spank me until I was 12-13 or so and it left marks. It was bad. I think this article refers to those extremes where parents spank their kids for everything and as the main disciplinary action. That's when it gets damaging.
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    @NYTino24  Now I want a giant S'more  :D 
  • Options
    @av2323 One thing I'm good at is making people want food.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @pawcall @kschref Where have you two ladies been?

• Options
    Do I get my patience back? With work people, not with family. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Do I get my patience back? With work people, not with family. 
    Probably not... just need to grow some more patience to give out again and again ;-)
  • Options
    I'm suppose to go to a friend's wedding this weekend. The ceremony starts at 7 and it's 1.5 hours away from where I live. 1. I feel like that's a long drive and 2. I will never get home awake from that. My DH has to work a wedding that day and thinks be will be out at 5:30, add the hour drive from there I just don't think we will make it. Plus DH has forgotten about it at least 5 times, including when I asked if he was free at work so I RSVP'd, last he asked me about going camping with his friends and brother. Sort of not liking him right now so I feel like telling him to forget the wedding and just go so I can be free of him for a night. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort are you able to tell her soon in case she can fill your spot or reduce the headcount? I totally get being tired (I struggled hardcore trying to stay awake last night when we had people over for dinner) but it would stink for your friend if she has to pay for people who aren't there. My wedding was almost $200/pp! :open_mouth:

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I at least know he didn't spend that much per person. I feel this close out he wouldn't be able to reduce the head count. Second choice is to take someone else with me. 
  • Options
    Congrats @lancomechica2. I hate that airport! I don't leave my house to pick anyone up until they call to say they have arrived since it takes forever to leave.

• Options
    @NYTino24 Newark is a crazy airport. I would hate picking someone up there because the car lines are wild! 
    Yay for your DH!! 
  • Options
    Abby7Abby7 member
    Hi everyone. It's been a day. I'm really not feeling well right now at Newark airport and hoping I don't blow chunks here. 

I also defended my doctoral research today! Very happy about that  :) 
    Sorry about Newark Airport :( but congrats on your defense!!
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is going well this morning! 
  • Options
    We have a heat warning in NYC. I went out to get lunch and see my dentist and I died. I'm literally sitting in my office in front of a table fan miserable from the after taste from the teeth cleaning. Heart burn is killing me. Wait this sounds like a symptoms post rather than random. Lol. You get my state of mind I suppose. 
  • Options
    @ShePersisted I had my dentist appointment on Tuesday night. I was shivering in pain after it. I did not know they made that scrapper hook on a machine now. It was the worst pain ever, I has bleeding a lot. In CT it is really hot today. I did not even realize that there was a heat warning in NYC! I hope you stay cool! This summer heat and being pregnant is never comfortable. No worries its still a random post. I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. I hope your heart burn goes away soon. 
  • Options
    Tonight is the first night I actually asked DH to go to the store for me to get me something to calm a craving. I've wanted egg whites in brioche bread for several days. I've never really given into a craving and I haven't had a chance to get to a store.  The lovely man is getting it for me now. As a bonus my brother got delayed at Chicago today and I asked him to get me an Oreo Carmel apple from rocky mountain and he did :) I am going to enjoy that Apple so much. 
  • Options
    @newmommy789 there was a heat advisory here in CT as well, more of an air quality warning until 6pm when it happened to pour. The temp dropped 2w degrees right away, the break in humidity was welcome.  Idk how some people in Hartford were out walking unless they don't have A.C. on their apartments. I couldn't imagine trying to take a tour where my DH works, it's a historical house so no AC and no elevators. They usually put up a warning about the lack of air and only being stairs for the elderly or those with health issues. 
  • Options
    The heat is crazy here in Ohio too. We went to the zoo yesterday and it was rough. I was chugging water but probably still not enough. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort I honestly couldn't believe the heat this week. I really do not know how people in Hartford are walking around. I am so happy I had my AC blaring. Today is post to be even hotter. What part of CT are you from  :)
  • Options
    Technically Northern CT, I work in Hartford and so does DH. Tomorrow we have a wedding to go to on the beach and it's still suppose to be 84 degrees at 7pm. 
  • Options
    On my last trip to the grocery store, I discovered it started offering fresh churned honey roasted peanut butter.  Of course I grabbed a container.  It is now sitting on my desk at work, staring me in the eye.  I just want to each the whole thing! It is so good.

Also, our firm's summer outing was last night.  I thought by now the whole office knew I am pregnant. The admin in charge of the drink tickets came up to me, and kept pressing me to take tickets.  It finally dawned on me she didn't know.  When I told her, she was completely shocked, and then asked "Where?!" (gesturing at my torso).  What did she mean, where? I definitely have a bump there, and have been wearing relatively fitted maternity work dresses for the last few weeks.  In any event, it was nice to see her reaction.
  • Options
    @sarahunderthesea did you have your repeat AS today? How'd it go?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It is our 10 year wedding anniversary today and if DH cooperates we will be going out to dinner without the boys tonight! I've got babysitting all set up already, so I'm hoping it will happen!

• Options
    kwaldykwaldy member
    The heat is crazy here too, in VA. 

My my husband has a softball game tonight and wanted me to go, but honestly, it's just too friggin hot to sit and be miserable. 
  • Options
    84° sounds wonderful!  I would take that everyday over the mid 90s and humidity we've been having. I used to love the heat until I started working outside. 
  • Options
    We just left the 100 degree Texas heat today, and made it to New Mexico for our vacation in Ruidoso. I could not believe it's in the high 60s, but we are up in the mountains. It is a welcome change, albeit temporary. 
  • Options
    We just left the 100 degree Texas heat today, and made it to New Mexico for our vacation in Ruidoso. I could not believe it's in the high 60s, but we are up in the mountains. It is a welcome change, albeit temporary. 
    Oh my!!! 100 degrees!! The humidity here is terrible 
  • Options
    What's everyone up to today? I am heading to my 20 year class reunion. Definitely hard because I'm missing my best friend tremendously. 
  • Options
    Im going to a baseball game later tonight.   Its with my friend who is also pregnant so we will see how long we both last. 
    @lancomechica2 I bet it is hard.  Sending internet hugs to you.   Hope you are able to have at least a little fun.  
  • Options
    Getting the family all packed up for the trip to a lake! We will be spending a week at a lake with my inlaws of all varieties (my BIL even flew up for this from AZ) so it should be a good time. I have concerns about everyone in one house (8 adults, 2 children, 3 dogs) but we will see how it goes.