Pregnant after IF
Options

2nd Trimester Check In: Week of July 17th!

Happy Monday ladies!!

How was everyone’s weekend?

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list! 

Mommies to be:
@emgem819 EDD 10/5/17 with TWIN girls!
@ChocolateIsLife EDD 10/21/17 with 1 girl!
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Joslynj11
 EDD 10/26/17 with 1 girl!
@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17 with TWINS boys!
@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17 with 1 boy!
@sasha92-2 EDD 11/08/17 with 1 bean!
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with 1 girl!
@srh18  EDD 10/6 with TRIPLETS!!
@hibiscus118  EDD 11/11 with 1 girl!

@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with 1 bean!

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with 1 boy!

@stella_700 EDD 12/17 with TWINS!

@wabash15 EDD 12/25 with 1 bean!

@takethelongway EDD 12/28 with TWIN girls!

@mountainlady-2 EDD 12/8 with 1 girl!

@klake42 EDD 1/2 with TWINS!!

@ryannenikole EDD 1/8 with 1 boy!!

QOTW: What tradition are you looking to carry with you with when your little one(s) arrive? If you don't have any, do you plan to create one?

Me: 31 DH:35
TTC #1: March 2011 
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET 2/2
BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2nd Trimester Check In: Week of July 17th!

• Options
    26w3d pregnant here, and the bump has seriously grown over the weekend! I'm trying to start the week on a clean eating/healthy start, because the last few months I feel like I have just been eating whatever I'm craving, which is usually junk food. I will probably have some sugar withdrawals this week, but its for a good cause.  :)

QOTW: We don't have too many traditions in my family, but I would really like to make it regular routine/tradition to go to the farmers market every month with her and hubby. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! 22w4d over here with our little girl.

Had a nice relaxing weekend. We did have a strong thunderstorm roll through Saturday night around 1am. Everytime there was a thunderclap I felt baby girl moving! Could've just been a coincidence, but maybe she could hear/feel it? It was cute. :)

I made it to the mall to pick up some nursing bras. The bras I have now still fit... but they are unlined. Which usually isn't a problem... except now that I'm pregnant I nip out quite a bit and it's a little awkward at work, haha! So I figured if I'm gonna get new bras- they may as well be useful ones.

As far as new pregnancy symptoms go, I had (what I can only describe as) a sore spot on my belly Saturday/Sunday. It wasn't red or bruised or anything, but even the littlest amount of pressure from the outside and it hurt a bit. Did some googling and I'm thinking maybe she kicked a nerve or something. It's all better now, but that was certainly different!

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I think DH and my Mom have planned to take me out somewhere nice.

The only real tradition we have is cooking a family recipe for sweetbread (called 'Potica') on my father's birthday which is right around Thanksgiving. However, seeing as my due date is Nov 16... I'm not sure we'll be able to do it this year. Definitely next year though!
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lefemmeviolette We had storms all weekend as well and there was a lot of belly kicking as a result! I hope you bought some comfortable new bras! I went to Target last week and bought a few that are sleeping/nursing bras, but I definitely still show nipping. They are so comfy though...definitely a game changer for me.  :D I hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow! Potica sounds delicious. We used to have a family friend from Greece that would bake us this sweet bread, and I swear if she dropped it off when I was the only person home, no one would know it existed because I would eat the entire thing. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    17weeks with a singleton. This weekend was hot and busy. We had my church choir over for a party. It was a ton of fun but so much work getting the house cleaned up.Thankfully the nausea was gone this weekend and I pushed through the fatigue but I'm still tuckered today. 
        as for family traditions we do family dinner every night with the twins. No TV no cell phones, at the table. Its nice to have that time with one another. We also do story time before bed.  I love those little moments. 
    @lafemmeviolette happy birthday!
    @ChocolateIsLife when we lived in California we went to the farmers market all the time and loved it. It will become a sweet tradition for you guys.  Good luck eating better. Its so easy to fall into bad habits.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Hey ladies, cheers to another week of check ins! Everyone's traditions they have in mind are great!

@LeFemmeViolette Happy Birthday! So exciting you get to share this birthday with baby girl in there kicking away to help you celebrate!

I'm checking in today at 25w4d with one bouncing baby girl! Nothing new with us appointment wise this week but I am happy that next week I was able to get my Glucose test moved to the afternoon! I didn't ask about the whole fasting thing but I think I am just happy to know I don't have to choke down that liquid first thing in the morning  :D

On a side note DH and I are going to be so busy the next couple weeks getting ready for our big family/friends baby shower that we are hosting at our Home at the end of the month. We decided to host our own shower since we have a lot of friends and family coming in from out of town. I mean we have waited so long to get to this day so I wanted to just have it our way :)

QOTW: We don't have many traditions that we are heart set on keeping or starting. I think we will just see what we start up with and then go from there 

Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Options
    @ChocolateIsLife that's interesting you felt kicking during a storm too! Maybe they really do sense it! Yes, Potica is delicious! From complete scratch we make bread and then a nut-based filling (ground walnuts and sugar) and then roll it up. Very yummy. It's my grandmother's recipe my father kept alive. Now I feel that has fallen to me, so hoping to get a little better at it each year!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    18+1 today with boy/girl twins! We found out on Thursday @ChocolateisLife

I tire really easily. We had friends over on Saturday, they brought their little girl (she's 3) and we played together in the pool. I slept for two hours after they left! The stroller my parents bought me arrived, super pleased with it. I'm wearing maternity jeans for the first time today and a new blouse, looks like the bump has finally arrived as I look pregnant.

We've got tons of holiday traditions that we will be starting. I'm going to make stockings for them for one! I can't wait.
  • Options
    I missed last week!  23+5 with our boy, and he's certainly kicking like crazy these days. I've actually been able to see it a time or two, and DH can feel it now too which is cool.  All the furniture is in and put together in his room, we're just waiting to bolt it to the walls.  We'll likely wait til after the shower, bolting it all in will be a last-minute thing just to make sure we don't want to move anything after we get the little stuff in. And our infant carseat/stroller came in, and we're really happy with it.

I also had my first really crazy pregnancy dream last night; I dreamed that I'd been pregnant, then for some reason took a pregnancy test and it was negative so I was convinced I lost the baby.  In the dream I was wailing and DH said he woke up to me crying in my sleep, it was so weird.

QOTW: I don't know, I'm not big on traditions.  I mean, obviously there's stuff I want to do with him, and I'm sure DH is going to want to do camping type stuff with him, he's got trips he goes on every year and his buddies are all starting to take their kids now, so I'm sure that'll pick up.  But I don't know that I'll have any specific traditions other than stuff we just end up doing again and again because we like it til it becomes "tradition", lol.
  • Options
    25 weeks here with Keagan (99% sure that's the name!) Feeling some major pressure down there, like I tried to run but made it a minute and thought I'd either pee or he'd fall out ;) Lovely. Also definite stretching pains. I have the glucose test next week, trying to be healthier as I failed with my daughter and don't want to do the 3 hour test if I can help it. @ChocolateIsLife I hear you, trying to eat healthier too! Failing but trying! Yesterday I had everything out for a salad for lunch. Hubby brought out stuff for hot dogs and fries. I couldn't say no... ;)

@LeFemmeViolette happy happy birthday!!

@stella_700 yay for boy girl twins! How exciting!

Love reading everyone's traditions, makes me think of fun things to try here as well :)

QOTW oh so many! Especially since my mom passed away I really want to carry things I did with her with our kids, so they know who she was. Farmers markets (currently weekly as my daughter loves it too), gardening, strawberry picking and apple picking. We make a family recipe cake for birthdays and homemade cinnamon ice cream (my grandma's recipe) for the holidays. Also just a lot of baking in general, my daughter loves it so I'm excited to bring Keagan around to help. My family was very outdoorsy so while I haven't tried camping with my daughter yet, ONE day I will, but for now we love going for hikes.
  • Options
    I just cried over an episode of "Botched." Guys- these hormones are REAL. 

To be fair, the woman had had 9 breast augmentations and this was her 10th and final one and they finally came out perfect.

OK. Still a little ridiculous to cry over. lol!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Like @sasha29-2 I totally missed last week! I'm a teacher so summer vacation mode is real as we're traveling throughout Europe. 

I am 16+5 today and I have a cervical length check on Friday to make sure both girls are going to stay put for a bit. I'm a bit paranoid as my mom had an incompetent cervix with the baby she had before me. I know it's not genetic, but infertility and pregnancy loss add a lot of extra worry! 

QOTW: My husband and I have very different traditions so we will likely start most of our own. However, reading the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve is a must. The year we started TTC my husband bought me the book because he knew how much I loved that tradition. As these ladies are due 12/28 (but likely will come on or around 12/15) we should be able to start the tradition this year. If they're still inside babies, he'll read to them anyway!
    Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife & @LeFemmeViolette you're making me wish for a thunderstorm!

I'm 19weeks 4days today - I'm so in love with this belly! We had our ultrasound yesterday & she was squirming around, stretching her legs and nodding her head  <3 for the last three days I've been able to discern movement... it feels more like a rolling pressure, but I think that's because her legs are tucked behing my belly button.

We've just started to get smoke in our town from the BC wildfires further north :/

DH and I are really lazy about traditions - we often miss holiday days due to work so we try not to get too attached to them! My sister has a wonderful sense of ceremony in her house, so I'll be trying to steal some of hers! One favourite is they never start dinner till the candle is let (the candle fairy) and no one leaves the table till the youngest puts the candle out.
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I am 20.5 weeks and going for my anatomy scan tomorrow, so hopefully I will find out if I am having a boy or a girl at that appointment. I feel the baby moving a lot (right now as I am typing, in fact), so I am very excited to see his/her image on the screen tomorrow!

I only had mild nausea during the 1st trimester, but I had terrible heartburn and it is back! I have been keeping Tums on hand and avoiding spicy/acidic foods, but I am so sensitive to everything right now. Even foods that I think will be fine are usually not. Planning to ask the doctor what else I can do to keep it at bay. 

QOTW: DH and I actually have a lot of weird little traditions that we have developed over the years, mostly holiday related. We watch all of the LotR movies in the days leading up to Christmas. We do our Christmas gift exchange with each other (and our cats) on Christmas Eve morning and we always have coffee and bagels haha. Then, for Easter, we paint clay pots together and plant herbs in them to welcome spring. I am looking forward to involving our child in all of these traditions, and forming some new ones as well. :smile:

@sasha29-2 I had a dream like that not too long ago. In my dream, I had had the baby and then actually lost (as in misplaced) the baby. It was so horrible! I woke up crying and drenched in sweat. Crazy what these hormones can do! I have had some good/fun ones too though. Hope you don't have another bad one!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Hi! I'm 16 and 1, and I found out that I'm having GIRLS! Mo/di twins. I'm about to head to the MFM doctor for ultrasound (I'll be getting them biweekly). My 40 week EDD is 1/2, but I won't go past 37 weeks because they're mo/di, and I haven't done the math to work out an adjusted EDD yet.

My feet look like potatoes. Not crazy bloated, but enough for me to see a difference. I had to take off my wedding ring last week. But I feel like the nausea is slowly easing up, and I'm way grateful for that.

I'm eager to feel them moving! 
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Well, the old wives tale I heard right after I got pregnant and the dreams I have had were accurate! I'm having a BOY!! Just had my anatomy scan and everything looks great! He was wiggling a lot, which made it kind of hard for the tech to get her images and measurements. He was also facing down so we did not get to see his face, which was a little disappointing. But I am so happy everything is looking good!

Then, right after the appointment, we went through a drive through for coffee and the employee handed it to me really fast and the lid popped off and I got a decent amount of hot coffee on my leg. It hurt really bad! I am icing my leg now and going to see my GP in a bit. I noticed a couple of blisters where my skin got burned, so I called and made an appointment. :neutral:
  • Options
    (lurking)

@Jeansis - DH and I have a tradition of watching all the LotR movies on New Year's Day, if he is not working. Last year we debated on if we should add in the Hobbit trilogy, but decided against it as we rarely actually get through all 3 LotR movies in one day to begin with! :lol:
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 Haha, that's awesome! Yeah, we have talked about including the Hobbit trilogy too, but it takes long enough to watch our extended editions of LotR. I don't think we'd make it!  :D
  • Options
    @jeansis congrats on a healthy boy!
    @KLake42 hooray for 2 girls!! I'm so glad to hear your nausea is slowly getting better. 
    @srh18 how are you and the boys doing this week?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    I've started to post here about 5 times, but keep getting side tracked (busy week at work!). 

20+1 today. We are on vacation near the redwoods and instead of being excited and feeling relaxed I cried when we arrived at our vrbo house. I hated the location and just melted into a ball of tears. My poor SO was beside himself. I tried to convince him it was the hormones, I've been struggling with extreme fatigue for a week now (checked for anemia yesterday and that is not the issue) plus nausea. Looks like the first trimester just decided to show up late :( 

On a better note, we had our anatomy scan and everything looked great. The clinic was an hour behind schedule and the tech was obviously rushed, but it was great to see how big baby has gotten and know that there are no midline defects or anything else going on. They found that I have moderate placenta previa, but the OB was certain that would resolve as my uterus grows. Unfortunately, I know too many women who have been told the same thing only to have it not resolve, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we have to schedule a c-section, it would make travel plans for family much easier! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque Sorry to hear the vrbo isn't as nice as you'd hoped. That's always a bummer. BUT- the redwoods are one of my absolute favorite places in the world, so I'm sure you'll enjoy getting out there! :)
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mous-2mous-2 member
    27 weeks today :) wondering if any of you ladies had a sudden bout of swelling in your feet? Literally happened out of nowhere and I'm getting nervous of preeclampsia.