Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS - week of 7/17

Due to previous discussions, this thread will now be a weekly check-in! 

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: What was the first event/moment that made you think "wow, I'm an adult!" 

Re: TFAS - week of 7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    @cm716 I get that a lot, mostly from strangers or acquaintances. "A boy and a girl! Now you're done!" First, my goal was never to have one of each, I hate the assumption that a family isn't complete without both. Also -- none of your business. My go-to answer is "hopefully not!" and then walk away. It's not worth a larger conversation. 
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    @kindbytealikat - welcome! My husband and I have an age gap as well -- 13 years. I hope your stay here is a quick one. 
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    @mileswithmyles my second daughter is super chill for the most part....but my oldest *shudders* IT.WAS.AWFUL. 

RE the gender comments. I'm actually not planning on finding out the gender when I get pregnant this time like I have the other previous  times. I told my husband if he wanted to find out he could but we're not going to tell anybody that he knows. I'm hoping  it will keep some of those comments at bay.
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month?  4/4

WTO/TWW? tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 8& 5

Any thoughts about this cycle?
    Getting discouraged. 5 year old was not planned (I was on BCP), and it seemed to happen so easily. (8yo is my step son). I wrongly assumed it'd be a short experience to get KU this time, and it's starting to get difficult to keep telling well meaning family "nope, hasn't happened yet". Got a lecture from my mom about how when I get KU i'll have to stop eating sushi... well mom, I'm not there yet, so I'm gunna continue to enjoy it with a couple glasses of wine. I wanted to give her the finger.

Any questions?
    Been feeling fullness/pain similar to O-pain for a solid 5 days after O. It was really bad 4DPO, and is tapering off. Any one else experience this? Any one have thoughts on this?

I was living on my own by 18 and married by 20, so I don't really have that defining moment. 
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    @kmalls - I hope you get your BFP soon.
    @cm716 - FX for O this cycle. Yes to the annoying people comments! I have 3 boys so I get comments all the time about how I better have another so I can get a girl.
    @kindbytealikat - Teenagers :#  I am nervous for those years... FX for you this month!
    @acunamatada - Happy Birthday to your DS! Two is a fun age :)
    @ChloandCoco - When do you find out for sure about your DH's trip?
    @fishsticks-n-custard - Teetheing (sp?) can be rough. Hopefully hers come in quickly and she goes back to weaning herself and your cycle sorts itself out soon.
    @mileswithmyles - Hope your drive went well
    @AliW220 - No one knows we are trying because I hate those nagging comments... I would have been tempted to give the finger too.
    @travelingcouple - I am so sorry that you have been feeling so overwhelmed. I get you with the post its. I think I'd be covered in them after responding to all the comments - why can't people just keep their comments to themselves
    @_darth - I will never be an adult in that area. My flat sheet folding skills are a hot mess!

What number are you trying for? 4
    Cycle/Month? 1/1
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 10, 5, 3
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really - it is my first off of BCP for a long time so I don't really know what to expect. Just temping and taking it day by day
    Any questions? no
    GTKY: What was the first event/moment that made you think "wow, I'm an adult!" Probably when I had to start paying my bills and I was living on my own.
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter - We will find out in the next week or two, but DH needs a month notice so there's a good chance he won't go until the end of August.
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3 after a couple losses

WTO/TWW? WTO... probable O yesterday though

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? O just happened and I already feel like it won't be our cycle. Even with great timing! Lol. Such a pessimist.

Any questions? Nope

GTKY: What was the first event/moment that made you think "wow, I'm an adult!" Probably when we bought our house. We moved in together, before being engaged, into my grams house that was sitting empty. But didn't deal with 'house stuff'. That responsibility is serious lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 6/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 dd, 4 DS

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Timing was great.  I am trying to not get my hopes too high.

Any questions? None

GTKY: What was the first event/moment that made you think "wow, I'm an adult!"   TW Honestly, a few months ago, during my brother's funeral, I couldn't get over the fact I was the responsible adult the funeral directors we're going to with important stuff.  End TW

@cm716, we have gotten the boy/girl, you must be done comments a lot.  I an certain we will shock a lot of people when we get pregnant too, since DD and ds are less than 2 years apart and this one will be significantly younger.
    @travelingcouple, big creepy hugs...if you adopt, will you foster first?  We had full intentions to adopt our 3rd child, we had planned to try and foster.  But I didn't feel I could emotionally handle it after losing my brother, so now we are obviously TTC, I am not shunning the idea yet, considering I am not sure what lengths DH and I are willing to go to if clomid doesn't work.  FX for you this cycle.  While we didn't do an IUI, I just knew in my heart we would get pregnant on the first clomid cycle, obviously I didn't.
    @_darth, I have never attempted to fold a fitted sheet.  I roll them quite nicely.

• Options
    @travelingcouple I just wanted to say that I feel you. Every cycle that ticks by hurts cause the age gap gets bigger and bigger. We've been at this for over a year but -TW- 2 losses happened in that time-TW-. I think I'd eventually be ok with being done if we had to. But it's the sibling aspect that really bothers me.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    _darth_darth member
    @glitzandglitter Mine was too. They were always clumpy, but then the magical thing happened. I still can't explain it.

(I'm not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens.)

TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    holli0801holli0801 member
    edited July 2017
    @kmalls age gap here as well! 18  :p

@AliW220 we had the same situation with DS, and I am so stressed and anxious this time around! And my mom makes similar comments :eye roll: ugh

@holly321  so sorry for the loss of your brother  :(

Cycle/Month? 7/7

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 2! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm not hopeful. o'd earlier than anticipated. 

Taxes. The first time I did my own taxes. I loath this adult responsibility. 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, I really appreciate it.

@50Wife we have very similar stories you and I. I remember you posting in another thread about your DS' birthday in Dec and my son is also Dec -Dec 21. My DH is Dec 23 so it's a busy busy week for us! I remember thinking after DS was born "we should try not to have another kid around Christmas..." Now I'd take twins on Christmas day, IDGAF. Funny how time skews things. I was hoping your hsg was it for you too.. Fx IUI is it. I'm trying to keep the hope for this cycle but it's hard.
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 6th cycle/month using OPKs. Been trying for over a year though overall.

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful!

Any questions? Nope

When DH and I bought our house last year. It was like, now we are responsible for all of this! Lol 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    edited July 2017
    meme fail.. I give up
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @TravelingCouple yessss!!! Busy busy December week, I'm the 22 and he's the 30!! Hectic but definitely fun!
    When I ovulated this year in April, it was a day off from when I ovulated when I got pregnant with him so I was all pumped like omg this has to be our month, it would be great timing. Ugh 
    I know you've got a lot going on lately, but we're all here for you...message me if you ever want to chat! 
    It sucks, and having that little one just getting older and older is a constant reminder of how long it's taking.  I find myself comparing people I know that have kids 3.5 years apart and it's not as bad as I'm picturing. Yes, I obviously would have liked them closer, but I'm trying to just accept that I can't go back in time and this is what it's gonna be. At least we won't have 2 in diapers? 

@kmalls sounds about right  :D  hope everything went smoothly this morning for you!! 
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple *creepy internet hugs*

I also have the age gap thing in the back of my head, plus complicated by my age and worrying that time may be running out. I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. 

@kmalls Everything go smoothly this morning?

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    @fishsticks-n-custard shockingly it all went great! I had the kids in the car ahead of schedule and an admin at the lab happened to get there 10 minutes before they opened, right at the same time as us. I dropped off the sample within 30 minutes of "collection" so all is well! 

...and then the moment we pulled back into our driveway, DS (2.5) dumped the entire bag of goldfish I had given him as a bribe to get out the door quickly alllllllll over his car seat. So our magically smooth morning went right back to normal quick AF. 
  • Options
    @kmalls
    That's awesome news! I swear everything I own is covered in a thin layer of goldfish dust. 

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    For real. I shudder to think of what must be growing in the back of my car  :s
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    I love reading this thread and nodding my head like "I totally get what you're going through!". It's a nice change of pace. :smile:

Re: age gaps -- I hate the thought that DSS will be at least 9 years older than any LO we have. He's great with babies and younger kids, but I also want him to be able to actually play with his sibling, not just take care of them before being a teenager and getting disinterested. I'm 24 and my oldest brother is in his late 30s, possibly early 40s at this point. We have an okay bond, but it's not great. I have a much closer bond to my younger-older brothers (one is 27, the other in his early 30s).

Re: gender comments -- Whenever people comment on us having a LO, they always say that we "have to have" a girl, because we already have a boy. As if the only way our family would be complete would be to have a little girl. I usually tell them that we'll be perfectly happy with whatever genitals a future LO ends up with, and not to be so concerned.

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? TTA for another month

Ages of other child(ren)? 8 years

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just glad to be off BCPs and charting! I'm probably going to end up temping vaginally from now on. My CPAP really seems to be screwing things up so far.

Any questions? None.

GTKY: What was the first event/moment that made you think "wow, I'm an adult!"? Paying my own bills, haha.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @kmalls My LO loves bamba (which I think we talked about in TFAS before, the peanut cheeto thing). I had my SIL in the back seat of my car last week and she looked down, saw a stray bamba, and said "Ew, this cheeto has been back here so long it's not orange anymore." That's when I knew it was time to clean my car when that seemed like a reasonable explanation to her. 

What bamba looks like for anyone who doesn't know: 

@izza2 If it makes you feel any better, my half sisters were teenagers when I was born and we still ended up being very close (despite the fact that my parents separated when I was a toddler and they lived with my dad, and I lived with my mom). The older one was an adult during the divorce proceedings and even ended up with her own visitation rights in the custody battle. So even when there's a big age gap, kids can still end up close depending on their personalities. I hope that story helps. 

• Options
    @izza2 my brother is 18 years older than me and we have the closest relationship of any of my siblings! My sister and I are pretty close as well, she's 16 years older. They were really committed to being involved in my life so that makes a huge difference. 
  • Options
    I'm also new here :)

What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? just started trying this month so not optimistic

Any questions? 

GTKY: What was the first event/moment that made you think "wow, I'm an adult!" I can't pinpoint a certain event, really I think it was recognizing the less-adulty-ness in some of my friends that made me think "wow I'm actually an adult"

@ChloandCoco I have curly hair and use either a wider tooth comb after a shower or they make detangling spray that works pretty well. my mom never knew what to do with my hair growing up so it was usually short!
    @AliW220  funny you should mention about the fullness, I've been feeling the same way. I had some cramping but now I just feel full/bloated. not sure what it means but you're not alone!

age gaps - I have 2 younger siblings, 1 is 6 years younger and the other is almost 13 years younger. I can't say we were terribly close growing up but we are much closer now that we are older. The youngest one loves being an aunt and she's still a teenager
  • Options
    @peppersmith22 welcome!! I became an aunt at 10 and loved it! I'm super close with my nephew 18 years later.  :)
  • Options
    As to age gaps, DH and his one brother are 1.5 years apart.  Then they have a 10 year gap from their other brother.  They are all really close.  When we were dating, we always took the younger brother to the movies and stuff.  They still hang out almost every week.
  • Options
    _darth_darth member
    Chiming in on age gaps: I'm the oldest sibling by 9 and 10.5 years. We are still really close even now that we all live in different provinces. I think it has a lot to do with my mom involving me in the care routines from the very start. Spending time together just felt like the thing you do in a family, rather than an unwanted obligation. 
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    Age gaps- my brother and I are 3.5 years apart and he's one of my best friends. We spend a lot of time together because we want to and take vacations together when we can.  I think sibling relationships have a lot more to do with family dynamics than age. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @hollieileen Thank you! It's so sweet to see them together and the bond that they have. She's his favorite aunt 
    edit: forgot to tag!