Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In: Week of July 17

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and Have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time? 
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of July 17

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? About the size of a brussel sprout, or a lime or a fig, or a poker chip???

Appointments coming up? Next Wednesday (7/26), I have my Nuchal Ultrasound. Aug. 1st, another check-up with OB

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, I've been a little cranky. (lol that's an understatement). I've been a bi-polar pregnant crazy lady the past few days. My poor DH.... Physically, besides heartburn and exhaustion, I've been feeling pretty good. That scares me, a little, but I'm sure it will until my baby is in my arms. I just had a quick ultrasound last Thursday, and everything looked good. I'm thinking about getting a home doppler at the end of next week. I'd like to give it a try. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm looking forward to the 12 week mark and of course the next ultrasound. Finding out the baby's gender will also be exciting. =)

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: Yesterday, at my husband's softball game, I was taking score. This old dude who keeps bugging me about it every game, checking up on me like I don't know what I'm doing (btw, I do....), telling me every inning that I'm wrong and then correcting himself when he promptly goes to ask the umpire or opposing team and they tell him he's actually wrong. I took it as complete sexism and a slight at me as a person, and had to relieve myself of the score-keeping duties for the rest of the game before I got into a physical altercation with this man. LMAO. My husband did agree with me being upset about it, to a point. lol I've taken score at every game so far this season and have been taking score, on my own, since I was about 6-7 years old. I grew up in a baseball/softball family. I know what I'm doing. I literally told someone's dad, at a church league softball game "I know my s**t! If I do need help, you'll be the last person I ask." See!? I'm still salty about it! 

RAVE: This morning, while taking my fluffy pupper outside, a cute little fawn kept cautiously trying to approach us. I'm pretty sure it was a girl, but either way, it was adorable and I felt like her and my dog Barry had a moment. It was like I was in a Disney movie lol. That made my morning. Also, this weekend, a good friend of mine and my husband's came up to stay with us. We had a really good time. We went fowling (football-bowling! If you haven't tried it yet, or don't know what it is, I suggest Googling it. It's tons of fun!)

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time?  In October, my husband and I plan on going to Chicago. I'm looking forward to all of the delicious food, but we will also be seeing one of our favorite bands in concert and spending a few days there. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be 22 weeks pregnant, so hopefully I won't feel too bad, but we've talked about it and plan on taking it easy and taking as much public transit available to get from place to place. Also, because it will be Fall, I'm hoping the temperature will be a little more tolerable. 

Have a great week everybody!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    How far along are you? 39 weeks 

How big is baby? I'm giving up on the size comparisons. All I know is that based on my 36 week growth scan and the general feeling of this kid not having enough room in there, baby is big!

Appointments coming up? Weekly check-up tomorrow

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally I'm ok most of the time - if there are times of non-movement I've been pretty anxious with it being so late in the game at all, but thankfully movement has been pretty consistent. Physically - I get tired and out of breath so easily it's crazy. I had to take a break from drying my hair this morning. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Meeting our LO!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am so over people asking me 'you're still here?' at work and family members guessing when I'm going to go into labor. There was a big group over my ILs last night for my SIL's birthday and everyone had an opinion. Baby will come on it's own time (and honestly my intuition is that it's going to be late, so when someone says 'i think it'll be tomorrow' i just roll my eyes). 

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time?  We did not do a baby moon. My H kept offering but honestly this pregnancy was very tough on me physically and I had a hard time envisioning having a good time on a baby moon when I wasn't feeling well, so we skipped it. We're already talking about little trips with the baby for spring break and next summer though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w2d

How big is baby? Supposedly sawdust

Appointments coming up? Not there yet!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Generally nervous. If pregnancy symptoms are similar to the ones before the loss, I get anxious. If they're different, I get anxious. Smh. Trying to pray, yoga, acupuncture, and therapy my way through that though.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? An ultrasound showing a sticky baby!!!

Rants/Raves/Questions: How has everyone remained so brave through all of this? I'm trying.

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time? Nothing special. Just a New England wedding next month to have a little break.

Hope to hear from everyone!

Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 38w6d

How big is baby? I honestly don't know. Like @CPR79 I've kind of given up on the app stuff bc everything is just around the corner!

Appointments coming up? U/S this morning to check position and... we are breech. So now what? No plan until my Wednesday appointment. Needless to say I'm googling like crazy. I've gone from a scheduled induction and closed cervix to possibly a c-section. Sigh. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically still feeling great, even despite our heatwave here in the midwest. Emotionally I'm a less than thrilled at the thought of a scheduled c-section. I know this is 100% out of my control but still...

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I would have said my induction but now Wednesday's appointment sounds like a good one!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I've so enjoyed being pregnant that I'm a little sad it's over. All the while I'm extremely excited to meet our LO!! 

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time? We did. At just before 32 weeks we headed on an East Coast baseball excursion. We hit DC, Philly and NYC in 4 days. I was kind of against it - I wanted to just chill - but I'm SO glad we went. It was a TON of walking but I was feeling good and the weather was great. You'll love your Chicago trip @nmd9168
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    @byrneme Everything will go well. Now, you'll definitely know for sure when baby is coming, which is a plus. I'm not sure how I would feel about a C-Section either, but whatever keeps you and LO safe.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme I'm with you, I'm all for whatever is best for the baby, etc, but a c-section scares me. I hope you get some resolution soon so you can plan for whatever the plan of action is!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @nmd9168  The first layer of fog definitely started to lift around 11 weeks for me. And ah yes a good old mansplainer. I'm a pretty reserved person in public but pregnant me finds it very difficult to hold their tongue. I have gotten into it with several rude strangers in the past month.

I'd say baby is about the size of a baby at this point anyway  ;)   @CPR79

I
    t sounds like you're doing amazingly proactive things to keep your anxiety at bay. Be gentle with yourself. In the same vein as yoga (which feels incredible pregnant) perhaps a guided meditation or two? I did weekly acupuncture until 12 weeks - but I think checking in regularly at therapy would serve nearly the same function. It's just nice to have that regular appointment to release. @ishmoney

@byrnemeTurn, baby! Are you going to try any of the current methods for turning breech babies? Acupuncture, smokeless moxibustion, music, pillow arrangements? I have no idea how effective any of them are, but my hospital actively encourages trying them (but they also try to turn babies themselves once birthing time comes).

How far along are you?
    27+6 

How big is baby? Dunno, pretty big but still has lots of growing to do. We're approaching a kilogram, I think!

Appointments coming up? Nope, not until beginning of August. I'm not sure when I switch to bi-weekly check ups. Pelvic floor physio next week. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, pretty good. Physio and a prenatal shiatsu massage concentrating on my pelvis mean I can move again which has boosted my mood considerably! I have a to-do list as long as my apartment; unfortunately none of it has to do with baby :lol:

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? 32 weeks!

Rants: I'm mildly anemic. No surprises. I'd stopped supplementing (at suggestion of doctor for second trimester nvp) and was really averse to vegetarian iron-rich food until a couple weeks ago. Back on the supplement and lentil train now. 

Raves:
    Passed my one hour glucose screen!!!! I got super sick immediately after drinking it, but I don't have much a sweet tooth so it was a shock to my system. So relieved; I'd been worrying about it since 14 weeks. 

Questions:
    Nah.

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time? We did already! DH took a week off work but we only got away for a day and night to a theatre tourist town not too far away. It was the perfect amount of time away and it was a really cute place. I couldn't walk around as much as I normally would have liked to and DH had close to an anaphylactic reaction to a new food (We're used to it; he's got dozens of food allergies) but it was still incredible to get away for a hot minute. Also randomly met the lead singer of a fave band of ours there, which I think I mentioned last week.

edited no less than eight times to fix tags
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    @reneeannemm - yep! I'm trying yoga poses (inversion and breech tilt) and massage right now plus one effort I can only describe as hula hooping without the hula hoop multiple times a day plus getting on my hands/knees and rocking my butt back and forth (this one was recommended by my friend who is an OB nurse). Beyond that I'm waiting until after my appointment this PM to make any calls to my chiro or acupuncturist! 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    @byrneme Aha! I know the very elegant pelvic rock all too well at this point. Good luck!
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme if you haven't gone into labor on your own yet, good luck at the induction tomorrow! So excited for you, you'll do great and we can't wait to hear all about it!
  • Options
    nursenat87nursenat87 member
    edited July 2017
    Hello! I had a mmc in May so naturally I'm freaking out over every little symptom (or lack of symptom).  Nice to be amongst people who get it.  

How far along are you? 

4 weeks today.

How big is baby? 

Poppy seed sized.

Appointments coming up?

None.  I'm feeling too pessimistic to make an appointment just yet.  I'll probably wait till 5 or 6 weeks.  

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

Emotionally paranoid.  Not really having any pregnancy symptoms yet.  

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Seeing that first heart beat! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

This pregnancy seems different from the last one.  Maybe that's good? But it's freaking me out a bit. Also had some brown spotting yesterday and this morning.  So who knows what's going to happen.  I'm trying it to get too invested this time.  

GTKY: Do you plan to/ Did you already go on a baby-moon? Where did you go/ do you plan to go? Was it a good time?

We had our baby moon last month for our 6th year anniversary.  A week in NYC.  It was epic.