June 2017 Moms

5 week fussy babies

Anyone else dealing with this? Baby is getting fussier and fussier. Now fusses at the boob kicks his feet around, I try to burp, gas drops. He gets overly tired then won't sleep. It's a nightmare. I am blaming it on breastfeeding and convinced formula would be better although I bf my other son for 13 months, I almost remember a really tough time... any suggestions ?

Re: 5 week fussy babies

• sejicasejica member
    Sorry to see this so late.

I don't know if you're familiar with the wonder  weeks, but that lines up for us with our first 'leap' and fussy period. It's based on due date though, not necessarily birthday. Supposed to start around 4.5 weeks and last for a week and a half.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My baby was pretty fussy last week at about 5 weeks old, but has had 3 days now with minimal fussing
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, the 4-6 week period is just a general fussy time for babies...infant crying peaks around the 6 week mark and then usually gets better by 3 months. Lucie's List has a great short blog on this: https://www.lucieslist.com/newsletter/postpartum-week-5-fussy/

• I agree with what everyone says. My ds did exactly what you are describing. We started him on probiotic drops and they really helped, mommy's bliss makes a good one. 
  • Yes, it's a Wonder Week. There's also a growth spurt right around then and then week 6 is peak crying. It'll get better!
  • All the PPs pretty much summed up everything I was going to say, but I just wanted to offer some virtual hugs and support!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• My baby has hit 6 weeks and she is fussy! She kicks and bobs her head when i try to rock her to sleep. I bf her on demand and last night it took me 3 hours to get her to go to sleep. I use the swaddleMe. I hope it gets better soon. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers