January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 7/15-7/21

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 7/15-7/21

• @KatieEl Glad you have a rockstar MW! Let us know how it goes on Wednesday. 
  • @KatieEl thank you for updating us. Hope everything is fine on Wednesday. I'll be thinking about you  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @KatieEl I'm sending positive vibes your way! 

My symptoms have almost completely gone away! It's been a LOOONGG 13 weeks of awful nausea...horrible! It's finally let up for the past 4 days and I'm hoping it stays gone. I'm feeling more energetic too...still getting heart palpitations tho. 
  • Oh...and that RLP! How did I forget that...seems like each day it's more intense with this pregnancy
  • Hopefully you get answers on Wednesday, @KatieEl! Keep us posted.
  • Thinking of you @KatieEl! Glad to read things have improved since the weekend.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So much snot-tmi sorry. My congestion is so bad I end up coughing uncontrollably, gag and choke on snot and sometimes almost throw up. Anyone else have this? I feel very alone and it makes me cry-litterally. The cough wakes me up at night, and so, I have not been sleeping well. So tired. I've tried a neti-pot rinse thing, cough drops and a mild antihistamine recommended by my family doctor. Anything else I can try? This has been going on for two weeks now and I sure hope it does not go on for the entire pregnancy. 
  • @ottergirl81 my go-to is boiling about half an inch of Apple cider vinegar in a shallow pan, then inhale the steam. That along with a neti pot rinse afterwards works super well for me!
  • Thank you @schaze I will try that and see how that goes :)
  • So much snot-tmi sorry. My congestion is so bad I end up coughing uncontrollably, gag and choke on snot and sometimes almost throw up. Anyone else have this? I feel very alone and it makes me cry-litterally. The cough wakes me up at night, and so, I have not been sleeping well. So tired. I've tried a neti-pot rinse thing, cough drops and a mild antihistamine recommended by my family doctor. Anything else I can try? This has been going on for two weeks now and I sure hope it does not go on for the entire pregnancy. 
    Me too. 90% of my throwing up incidents have been brought on by the cough and the weird snot-mucus. :( Doctor says it's a normal but weird effect of pregnancy. She let me use Flonase for my wedding day but I have tried to avoid it otherwise, and just go through a lot of tissues.
  • @ottergirl81 There are meds you can take if necessary. Ask your OB which ones she approves.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @cbrennan04 I'm so sorry you're dealing with that too! It's so scary!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Thank you @auntieraindrop. Good to know I'm not the only one. Thank you @missblaze, I will ask my OB on Thursday about what I can use/do to get some relief:) 

On another note, guess I can't eat peanut butter anymore...love the stuff, but everytime I do I get extremely nauseous:(
  • Not exactly headaches, but that's what I'll call them. I'll be perfectly fine and then if I move suddenly or go from sitting to standing, I get an insane
    pressure/throbbing in my head from the movement. The pain is sooooo bad. But then if is slow down a lot or hold still for a second I go back to being ok. It's weird. I don't know what could be causing it. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water? I don't know but it happens non-stop during the day. DH and I ran some errands and anytime he turned the car the pressure would hit and it is almost unbearable then when the turn was over, I felt totally fine. Anyone else experience this? 
  • The after-taste in my mouth is killing me. I'm fine until i eat something, and then a few minutes after i eat i have this horrible taste on my tongue that won't go away. I've been chewing gum today and drinking plain water which is helping. At least this is better than the nausea and exhaustion, I'll take bad after-taste over those two any day :) 
  • I'm having alllll the dreams. Every.single.night. 
    Last night I dreamed I was having the baby. My friend was there as a nurse (who is NOT a nurse IRL) and she sensed something was wrong. They were wheeling me on a bed and she stopped at the nurses station, whipped out a knife and within like 10 seconds delivered the baby via c-section. Everyone was so glad bc she was such a good nurse and "if she does it, it won't even leave a scar". I had a baby girl and everything was going great. I remembered I should let all of you know I had the baby and was thinking, "Wow, I was the first of my BMB to have their baby!" (Which, of course I'll probably be the last since I'm due 1/31 and delivered a week late with DS) "Bummer, there isn't even a sticky post for all the birth announcements yet!"

I woke up alarmed. There were so, so many things wrong with that dream!  :o
  • @steph30032 this happens to me a couple days a week. Still cant figure it out but like you said, I juat stand still for a bit and it goes away. 

So im 16w2d and im convinced there are 2 in there. I.am.HUGE. Every time someone asks how much longer I have (because im obviously showing) they are ridden speechless with that dumb confused look when I respond. One lasy at work keeps asking me how me and the babies (plural) are doing. She means well, she is a twin herself and insists there are two, I keep telling her there is only one, but im even starting to doubt myself!  

On a separate note, back pain and RLP are in full force, and by the time I get home every night all I can manage to do is sit on the couch with a pillow propped up behind me. I had to inform DH today that the correct response to my moans is "awe I'm sorry babe" and not "This was your idea"  Men...

• @leeeahyo Yes! You would think they would get it. This is #2 for him and his first wife was like wide receiver or something, she was bigger than me so may be she could take more?? I don't know. I'm a weakling but my Lord.

Ummm I don't know how break this to you, but that's not how bigger people work. Whether you mean heavier, taller, or both, it does people harm when you talk like that. 
  • @steph30032 I started to get those too! I also checked my blood pressure to see if it was related and it was really low. DH had me drink tons of water and rest, they've gone away but now I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor if I should keep taking my hypertension medication.
  • Freaking heartburn has started. I was hoping to get
    further along before this started. Last time I couldn't even drink water without having heartburn. So this should be fun. Haha. Oh. And did I mention that I don't have tums in the house. FML. Haha 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TInman87 this will be my third baby and I am also huge right now.  I was relatively slim when I got pregnant and at 14 weeks I look more like I'm 6 months or more. I got kind of alarmed at my dr visit last week when she said that my uterus felt more like 16 weeks along vs almost 14. I had an US at 6 weeks and they saw one baby so I don't know what to think. 

Also so whoever mentioned fingernails, ditto to that. Mine are like Wolverine over here. 

My other symptoms are still really tired and a fair amount of nausea in the evening especially if I haven't eaten enough. The good thing is that the nausea has been improving for close to two weeks. With my last baby I had nausea up until 18 weeks plus. It wasn't severe but it was still lingering. Also I don't like the scale, that is all I will say about that right now. 
  • Love tit is a hug! Hopefully it clears up in a few weeks and there are no more scares. Hang in there, @KatieEl!
  • @KatieEl Thanks for the update! Hope you get good results at your 20 week US!
  • @KatieEl  glad it looked good for you! :) I hope your partial rest is less difficult than you expect.

• @leeeahyo Yes! You would think they would get it. This is #2 for him and his first wife was like wide receiver or something, she was bigger than me so may be she could take more?? I don't know. I'm a weakling but my Lord.

Ummm I don't know how break this to you, but that's not how bigger people work. Whether you mean heavier, taller, or both, it does people harm when you talk like that. 

@scatteringashes I would never cause any harm. I should've said it differenty but she wasn't BIG in terms of weight. I meant she played football in high school. She's endured a lot more than I have including child birth. I look up to the mom's of this world that have been through child birth and raising a child, they're Superwomen in my eyes.

She's bigger muscle wise and she can take a lot more than I can. Again like I said I'm a weakling and DH can't seem to grasp we're not the same because I've never had to exert myself quite like I will have to the next 18 years or so.. I never meant to cause anyone harm or offend anyone.

I don't think you meant harm, and she may be tough as nails, and yet probably pregnancy still wasn't daisies and rainbows for her. 

That said: people tend to write-off the experiences of larger women, whether they're body builders or just heavy. We're not granted feminity very often (both in positive and negative ways), and that includes the ways we experience pregnancy. When speculating as to how someone's pregnancy is going, guessing based on their body type is about as good as asking a crystal ball. There's no way to know unless you're knowledgeable about that person's medical history.

And I get that you didn't mean any of that. But if we weren't having this exchange right now, there's a good chance I wouldn't be the only fat woman scrolling through this thread with the passing thought of, "Cool, that's another reminder of how differently society sees me." 
  • @KatieEl Glad nothing looks bad! Hopefully they'll clear you to keep active again after the ultrasound. 
  • Hang in there @KatieEl. Bed rest is a bitch but at least it's notified. Hopefully you'll be cleared for normal activities next month.
  • @KatieEl I'm glad they found nothing bad, although bed rest is a PITA!

@cbrennan04  I hope the same will be true for you :)

As for me, the MS is gone, but the nausea still raises its ugly head occasionally. I'm just glad I don't have to use preggie pop drops every day anymore (although they're good). The heartburn is still here, but I can eat some sweets now. It's great, because I have missed the occasional piece of chocolate etc. I am also still super tired all the time. The fatigue just is not getting better.
    DS 7/13
    MC 2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatieEl: ( sorry my phone doesn't let me tag somehow). Good to hear that everything looks fine. Hope everything resolves till 20 weeks, and take rest, its needed now. Hugs.
  • Cbrennan04: take proper rest and do not stress out, everything will work out fine. Prayers your way.
  • I've got the migraine from hell right now. I've been dealing with a mild headache all week, but woke up this morning with the aura and everything. Couldn't see anything for all the wavy lines. The pounding head followed soon after. This is the second round of headaches and migraines I've dealt with this pregnancy. I'm kind of bummed because I had NO headaches while pregnant with DS and was looking forward to it again. Maybe this means I'm having a girl? 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • @peepster I'm with you on the migraines. Two so far. I'm sure more are on the horizon for me. With DS, I can only remember having 1 soon after BFP.

• vjraabvjraab member
    @GraceUponGrace09 My dreams have been nuts too. Last night I dreamt some sex trafficking cult kidnapped my DD and the new baby. I was up the rest of the night watching the baby monitor, paranoid as could be. But on the bright side, the new baby was a girl in the dream, with the same blond curly hair as DD. I find out on August 8, so we will see. 

@supercoolstephy I had bad heartburn with DD. None with this pregnancy yet. But with DD, I found that drinking a small cold glass of milk helped much better than tums. 

My latest symptom is sleep insomnia. I don't remember having it this bad with DD. My brain won't shut down at night. I read before bed to try to wind down, but even that hasn't been helping lately.