Thursday Ticker Change 7/13

bumpybumpbumpybump member
edited July 2017 in August 2017 Moms

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at your work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 7/13

• Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? more lettuce? Romaine? seriously? too much lettuce in the Bump app.

Upcoming appointments this week? next Wednesday. Had an appointment on Tuesday that went perfectly fine. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I think the baby dropped yesterday? My belly felt really heavy. But today it doesn't feel as heavy. I suppose I'm having an easier time breathing than I did the past week but I could be imagining it or it could be weather-related. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None today

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at your work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be? I'd go with business casual. I've worked in the same organization for nearly 12 years and we started business casual, and then went fully casual in the midst of the recession. People can get really sloppy, and it's like, to me that hurts morale because you know exactly who doesn't give a shit about their job. We share a building with very professional companies and some of our employees stick out like sore thumbs in the common areas. Most people do look appropriate in nice jeans and tops but I do think when people look professional, the overall atmosphere of the office is more professional as well. 

As for color...white. Crisp, refreshing, goes with every kind of accessory. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? butternut squash

Upcoming appointments this week? I have one sometime next week, thank God for reminder calls because my brain has been forgetful all throughout this pregnancy

Any new symptoms or changes? I have been achy from my hips on down

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at your work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be?

Since I am the only one in the office, I wear whatever I want from dresses to business casual but no PJs. Wish I could wear them once a week because there is days I don't feel like changing to work clothes when I wake up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 35 weeks! 

How big is baby? Bunch of carrots or a pineapple...

Upcoming appointments this week? 36 check-up on Tuesday. Also meeting two pediatricians that day...

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm getting back pains and noticeable cramps like 2-3 times a day. I get braxton hicks throughout the day, my belly gets tight, then it goes away a few seconds later. The back pain and cramps are very noticeable. Last night I was considering going to the hospital, but because it went away and didn't return, I stopped. Anyone have any insight? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? See symptoms above.

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at your work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be? Policy would be sweatpants or pjs. I'm an accountant, so it's  business casual. As for color, being the yankee fan I am, pinstripes! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 36wks!  Officially in the 9th month!

How big is baby? Papaya 

Upcoming appointments this week?  Had one yesterday.  Everything looking great!

Any new symptoms or changes?  I just feel so heavy, he is riding so low.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I love breakfast time (at least, since mid second trimester when I could keep food down).  For some reason these last few weeks I just love making myself a big breakfast and sitting in the morning sunshine!

I worked at a Montessori School (preschool/kindergarten) until a few months ago and I'd want to allow people to wear tennis shoes and jeans.  We're on the floor, covered in playdough and glitter, for goodnessakes!  I know as soon as you say people can wear tennis shoes and jeans that people think they can wear their pj's, but I feel like you should wear the clothes that match the kind of work you do.  We would rip our tights and wear wholes in our dress pants from kneeling on the floor!

• Options
    @jacksonbears I went in a few weeks ago for consistent contractions lasting several hours. They told me to drink more water, lay down in bed or try a warm bath to relax, and Tylenol. I'm forcing myself to drink more water and it seems to be helping the contractions. This back pain on the other hand is not leaving, nor is the pelvic pressure.
  • Options

How far along are you? 37 wks

How big is baby? Romaine Lettuce 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one yesterday. All looks good and I'm 1-1.5 cm dilated and my cervix is somewhat soft. I know it can still be a long time to go into labor though.

Any new symptoms or changes? Oh the discharge. So much of it throughout the day. Baby has been moving a ton the last couple days as well. Pelvic pain is still there as is nightly heartburn and general exhaustion.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Convinced DH to tell the ILs they can't come this weekend (or any before baby arrives). Yay'

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at your work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be? Since I'm a SAHM, it's lounge wear around the house a lot. But, at my last job, I'd have changed it to casual instead of business casual. We climbed around and worked on Agricultural equipment in khakis and dress pants all the time. That makes zero sense. Who wants to get oil and grease out of good pants? The policy would say collared shirts for men and no tshirts for anyone. No holes in jeans and close toed shoes. 

My color choice would be purple because I love purple and have a lot of purple clothes already. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    edited July 2017

How  far along are you?   37 weeks 

How big is baby?  Honeydew melon 

Upcoming appointments this week?   Had one today. Everything still looks good. 1cm dilated. Next week I get a NST. 

Any new symptoms or changes?  No, just more cramps and Braxton Hicks 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Scheduled induction for 8/3 (40 weeks). Yes, I'm choosing it so I don't waste time off from work. 

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at  work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be?   Purple

• Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? 19.25 in

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week.

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling heavy and tired and hot! Bleh. Only two more days of work and I am on leave at last! He has dropped as well, so that pelvic pressure is a beast!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Had an appointment on Tuesday and it was a little disappointing. LO was head-down the whole week, but before the visit he flipped again to breech. Rascal! Since then he has been head down, and then transverse, and then breech again. My coworker and I just sat and watched him move my belly around for 20 minutes. It was quality entertainment! Crazy kid! I love him so much!

I've been doing the stretches/exercises from Spinning Babies (as recommended by my doctor) but I am not sure how much they are actually helping with positioning. If anything, at least they are relaxing me and keeping me strong. They really help relieve the pelvic pressure too.

Next week they are having me meet with a doctor that is also a c-section surgeon to discuss what to do. I'm going to avoid having them force him to turn... don't like the risks involved. But I am calming down and feeling more accepting of c-section if that is what must be done. I just want what is best and safest for my baby. LO moves so much though that I'm hoping he will eventually flip down and stay down!

GTKY: If you were in charge of the attire at your work, what would the policy be? Additionally, if you had to select one color for the office to wear, what would it be? My office already has a dress code I like. We are a law firm, but its casual dress so long as you aren't going to court. Jeans are accepted (so long as they don't have holes) and a nice shirt/blouse. Picking a color is tough... I love color variety. But I'd probably have the employees wear a color associated with the business logo. In my firm's case, it would be teal.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 

37 weeks 

How big is baby? 

Romaine Lettuce or a tackle box :smile:

Upcoming appointments this week?

I had a growth scan yesterday and baby is in 90th percentile for size. Weight estimate is 8lb 2oz but I know that number can be off. My guess ustgat he is long like his siblings. I have my 37 week appt tomorrow. 

Any new symptoms or changes?

Just super uncomfortable with a lot of pain down low 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

It's hot and I'm ready to have a baby. 

I did write the policy and it's comfortable and presentable. 

• Options

How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya

Upcoming appointments this week? Today - Dr said he's head down, but not very far into my pelvis yet.

Any new symptoms or changes? My hands (carpal tunnel) hurt all the time now. It's miserable. I've tried ice, heat, braces, acupuncture, stretches...just keeps getting worse. I feel like it made me much crankier...can't get any relief. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - see above. 

Oh I'd love to wear flip flops every day. Working as a chemist kiiiinda prevents that, though. And everyone would wear neon yellow. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? loaf of bread

Upcoming appointments this week? I have my weekly biophysical profile today.

Any new symptoms or changes? Just tired, hot, and wondering how the hell I'm gonna get shoes on my feet for the next 7 weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: We have our couples baby shower tomorrow, and I'm really excited! But that brings me to my rant... the in-laws and DH's friend and wife are all staying with us, even though we now only have one guest bedroom. It stresses me out having so many people in my house, but I keep telling myself it's only one night. 

I work in a newsroom, so all of the on-air people dress up, while most of the behind the scenes folks are pretty casual. I'm a manager, so I'm typically business casual. I think it works.

My color choice... all black everything. Ha! 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20