Prenatal care — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Prenatal care

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 22 years old. I don't have insurance and I don't work right now. I'm 15 weeks and I haven't been to a doctor yet bc I'm scared of the bills. I'm waiting on documentation so I can apply for Medicaid but until then, my bf works all the time. I leave the house about once a week for grocery shopping and I do yoga and clean up and take care of our pets. I'm just worried my being inside all the time and not getting prenatal care is bad for me and my baby.

Re: Prenatal care

• Listen, you hear stories all of the time where women didn't even know they were pregnant until they were delivering. They essentially had zero prenatal care. Take prenatals and once you get your Medicaid Ins, then get to the doctor. Or see if you can get into planned parenthood, or maybe they can give you advice on where to go. Baby will get everything it needs from your body. 
  • Check the Medicaid site. They used to retro 3 months of medical bills from the time you are accepted. You may want to check and get to the ob for at least the preliminary check up. 15 weeks is quite a bit along.  At least to touch base with the dr. Planned parenthood is a good option.  They also have other services to get you looked at for low income.  Check into those tell them your situation and they should get you in.