August 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY 7/10 - Foods

1. What are some of your favorite foods?

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy?

3. What is your favorite pickle?

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum?

Re: GTKY 7/10 - Foods

• Options
    Chocolate or sweets in general
    Pasta
    Pizza
    Hummus
    Fruit
    Cupcakes
    French fries
    Donuts
    Not a fan of pickles at all

Subway. Since deli meat has to be warmed up during pregnancy and I don't like warm deli meat, I've completely given up deli meat. I'm so glad my hospital has a Subway in it. Also I've really missed wine. If DH can manage, he said he'll sneak me wine into the hospital to have after delivery.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? Nachos, really anything Mexican , baked mac & cheese

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Nachos early on, but as I've progressed fruit, cheese and crackers-lighter food

3. What is your favorite pickle? Bread and Butter!

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Just looking forward to not having to worry about what I can eat- like grabbing a sandwich. But, I am excited to go back to the full Mexican foods without the potential acid reflux-no sleep reaction. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Sushi
    Pizza (thin crust, naeopolitan style)
    French fries

Fast food (McDonalds and Wendy's)
    Chocolate
    Crab legs 

Dill, specifically Mt Olive brand

I've broken a lot of the pregnancy food rules, but I'm dreaming of a crap ton of sushi post delivery and a cold beer.
  • Options
    Mexican food 
    Pasta 
    Steak

Cereal
    Ice cream sandwiches
    Watermelon 
    Pineapple

Restaurant pickles are always the best 

A medium rare steak.
  • Options
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? Cheesecake, Creme Brûlée, Cake/Cupcakes, Ice Cream, Cheese, Fruits, Lima Beans, Asparagus, Filet Mignon (I like a lot of foods as a whole and I'm not super picky)

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Ice cream, Peanut Butter, Grapes (chilled), Nutella, Salads, Pork

3. What is your favorite pickle? I dislike pickles (something I am picky about)

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? sushi (raw)

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    tortilla chips and salsa
    popcorn
    any kind of bread
    fruit--especially apples

I haven't had a ton of cravings. I've probably had more sweets than usual though. I've also had lots of babybel cheese. 

I really only eat pickles if they come on a hamburger or on the side of a sandwich. 

I haven't had raw fish all pregnancy, so sushi or a poke bowl will be really nice. I also miss refreshing cocktails. My weakness is anything with gin (except martinis). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Alfredo, spaghetti.. pasta I'll just say pasta lol

I've found myself eating cold cereal more than I normally would. 

Claussen pickles!!! 

German deli meat  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooh, another favorite of mine is hibachi. 
  • Options
    DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited July 2017
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? I always say my "death row last meal" is a traditional Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding. Unfortunately the US pretty much sucks at making authentic "Yorkie pud" though. The traditional meal has the pudding filled with roast beef and gravy and accompanied by roast carrots and potatoes at minimum, sometimes green beans too. 

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? I do keep mentioning that I've always had a sweet tooth, so my pregnancy food is really just more of the same, more often- ice cream, donuts, and smoothies at a higher volume than my non-pregnant life. Surprisingly to me, I didn't have one single weird or uncontrollable craving- nothing like the stereotypical pickles and ice cream at midnight, lol. DH never had to make one single "gotta have it right now" craving run for me. 

3. What is your favorite pickle? Standard dill spear. 

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? More donuts. Heh heh. Edit to add- DH asked me a few days ago which alcoholic drink I was most looking forward to. I said wine. However, yesterday we were at a rooftop bar and people were ordering sangria by the pitcher... Oh my God. I am now dyyyying for sangria. That will be my first alcoholic drink after birth. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love seafood, particularly shrimp and lobster and crab (I rarely get lobster or crab though...soooo expensive in the midwest)
    I also love pasta and salty foods like popcorn

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Watermelon, eggs, milk, ICE COLD water

3. What is your favorite pickle? I like dill and bread and butter but I don't like sweet pickles

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Nothing too crazy because I don't drink alcohol. I like sushi but haven't missed it too bad but guess I am kinda dreamy about it. Mostly just really looking forward to eating on my terms and not feeling like puking or being too full. 
  • Options
    First, I apologize for the duplicate GTKY question; I just realized I've asked about fave foods before. I blame pregnancy brain. If you have any suggestions for GTKY's, send them to me!

I love Mexican & Italian foods. Tacos, nachos, pizza, and pasta are probably my main food groups.  :D

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? So many potatoes in all forms. Fresh fruit, cheeses, bread, yogurt. I've also been sucking down Gatorade & Cokes, which I normally don't care for when I'm not pregnant. 

3. What is your favorite pickle? Claussen Spears or Minis! Best. Pickles. Ever. 

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? I'm not a sushi fan, and I've been eating deli meats (heated) and soft cheeses, so I haven't missed out on much. I'm really looking forward to a margarita and/or a vodka Redbull. This 4th time mama needs a drink!  ;)
  • Options
    Pizza, tacos, pbj, Alfredo, cheese, blts, bacon cheeseburgers, pickles/olives, all things dessert

My usual favs. But actually sadly fast food. I used to have it once a year or so and I've had it a handful of times this pregnancy. 

Bread and butter but I love all pickles. 
    Once I made dill pickle soup, omggg ❤️

I didn't restrict myself on anything besides alcohol. I can't wait for a margarita. My mouth waters thinking about it. 
  • Options
    Homemade mac and cheese is my #1 for ever and ever

I ate a decent amount of McDonalds and their delicious fountain Coke.
    BEEF
    Popsicles
    Cheese

Half Sours. They are the best!!!!!!!! Usually I can only find them in the NYC area at delis but there is a good jarred brand called Ba Tampte Half Sours that are at some grocery stores. 

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? What am I not looking forward to????
    Mostly it's:
    Bagel with lox
    Medium rare beef
    Iced Coffee 
    Beer
    Sushi
    Big ass bowl of ice cream instead of the half cup I can treat myself to now.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love sushi, seafood, Indian, Middle Eastern and sweets especially chocolate and peanut butter desserts.

I eat a lot of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit, cheese and crackers, peanut butter, eggs and sandwiches.

Sour.

Sushi.  Now that I've had to watch my sugar, I'm also looking forward to ice cream, frozen yogurt and baked goods again.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sushi, any kind of Pasta, Ice Cream, Peanut Butter

Salads, Tomato & Mozzarella, Ice Cream/Milkshakes, Cookies

Dill Spears

Sushi, and a big turkey hoagie.  And any kind of summer shandy beer.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. Pasta pasta pasta and fruit!!
    2. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream is my treat, and I've been eating chobani like crazy 
    3. Dill pickle
    4. Turkey club, sangria, and all the pasta.   I've got GD so not a lot of pasta for me this pregnancy!
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? Raw protein! Carpaccio, Tartare, Sashimi. 

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Milkshake, pizza, and tacos! So many tacos! I make the tortilla shells and DH marinates  and grills meats for the filling. 

3. What is your favorite pickle? Love them all.  I love everything pickled! 

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Beef carpaccio 
  • Options
    lewliv said:

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Beef carpaccio 
    You just reminded me of something else I can't wait to have- Steak Tartare. My favorite restaurant has a to-die-for app of steak tartare served with raw egg yolk. SO GOOD.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. What are some of your favorite foods?  Thai food, pizza, sushi, korean food!

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Eggs, pancakes, string cheese, shakeology drinks

3. What is your favorite pickle? Not a fan of pickles.

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Sushi!, Publix subs for the deli meat, cheese boards, ahi tuna & poke!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. What are some of your favorite foods?  Pizza, lobster, sushi, Mexican, chicken, spinach, prosciutto, pasta, coffee, chocolate, yogurt, asparagus.

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy?  Started pregnancy out healthy eating, but have majorly tanked in last trimester. Nutella, McDonald's, ice cream, bread, cream based cheese sauce.

3. What is your favorite pickle?  Dill.  Love the Mount Olive brand in particular as well.  Can't stand sweet pickles or bread/butter pickles.

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum?  Spicy foods buffalo chicken stuff, raw sushi, soft cheese, alcohol.  Btw, I am dying for a fruity sangria now that it has been mentioned.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    Mac & cheese
    Strawberries
    Anything sweet + salty

Yogurt
    Fruit and smoothies
    Oatmeal, nuts, seeds

Hate pickles. Can't even eat the part of the sandwich that touched the pickle when they put it on my plate at Panera.

Red wine
    Chocolate (I have not been allowed any caffeine since week 25 or so due to an arrhythmia in the baby that went away but apparently is more likely to come back if I have any caffeine)
    Sushi or maybe raw tuna and avocado with soy sauce and sesame seeds...some kind of raw fish
    Sunny side up or over easy eggs...on burgers, sandwiches, pizzas, breakfast hash, salads

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? Pizza and Mexican for sure are my favorite foods 

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Pizza, PB&J, Cereal, Fruit, Salads (Sometimes)

3. What is your favorite pickle? Those little baby dills...in the beginning I was eating a jar every few days

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Not really eating...but drinking...I'm ready for some wine...and if my boobs don't work I'm super excited to go back to low carb
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Sushi, Mexican, pasta, bacon, avocado, peanut butter, chocolate, tropical fruit

2. Ice cream, anything with a lot of protein since one of my twins has consistently measured very small. Which lately means burgers. Oops

3. Dill. Especially deep fried. Not a fan of sweet pickles.

4. I break most of the food "rules" except for booze. Sooooo excited for a margarita and a giant glass of rosé 
  • Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? I'm a Maryland girl so my favorite food is crab. I also love steak, sushi, watermelon, good crusty Italian bread...

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Watermelon has been my go-to this pregnancy as well as my other pregnancies. I could eat a watermelon a day I think. I've also had a ton of cereal and bagels

3. What is your favorite pickle? Dill spears

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Sushi for sure. Salmon and tuna to be exact. I also really freaking can't wait to drink wine and beer.
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    Strawberries, steak and mashed potatoes, chips and salsa 

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Chips and salsa, Burgerville hamburgers and vanilla Greek yogurt 

3. What is your favorite pickle?Anything Dill- especially spears or the petite garlic dills. Also love pickled green beans and asparagus. 

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? A margarita for sure. Both pregnancies I craved them all summer long. 
  • Options
    belmont1785belmont1785 member
    edited July 2017
    OTmom3 said:
    1. What are some of your favorite foods? I'm a Maryland girl so my favorite food is crab. I also love steak, sushi, watermelon, good crusty Italian bread...

2. What foods have been your go-to's this pregnancy? Watermelon has been my go-to this pregnancy as well as my other pregnancies. I could eat a watermelon a day I think. I've also had a ton of cereal and bagels

3. What is your favorite pickle? Dill spears

4. What are you most looking forward to eating postpartum? Sushi for sure. Salmon and tuna to be exact. I also really freaking can't wait to drink wine and beer.
    You are my person. Crab and watermelon? Omg YESSSSSSSS. I'm NOT from Maryland and that sounds wonderful. It is my dream to take a whole vacation completely focused on eating seafood. 
  • Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @belmont1785, you need to come to Maryland then! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17