TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Week of 7/10

2»

Re: TTCAL Week of 7/10

• Options
    @rosemary&thyme sweet! Froyo with sprinkles it is this weekend!! 

@weareturtles holy cow that's a lot of stuff! I'm tired just reading the list. So glad it seems to be working for you!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @weareturtles - Well I'm very excited to see how this goes for you.  I'd much rather try all that stuff than take clomid or whatever might be suggested to me at the end of August.  Obviously it's case by case but I had just heard about this stuff last week from a yoga friend.  Highly recommended fertility acupuncture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @weareturtles That looks like a really great protocol you've got going!  I noticed you're being proactive about treating scar tissue/adhesions, and was wondering if you've ever considered mayan abdominal massage?  I have a history of adhesions, too (for different reasons) and have found it extremely helpful for pelvic scar tissue.
  • Options
    how do you all do gifs on here?
  • Options
    vlagrl29 For non mobile, just find the gif you want, Right Click and select Copy (or Ctrl + C) and then click into the reply box, Right click, and hit paste (or Ctrl + V)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited July 2017
    yeah I tried - they should be easy like the ones on FB now

• Options
    @rosemaryandthyme Look at you with your like legit link and helpfulness! I guess we can't all flub through life with half-*ss answers like me. :)
    Seriously though... actually a VERY helpful link! (which is good, cause when I first learned to GIF the old instructions from a year and a half ago were worthless and outdated and WRONG)
    Image result for fail gif

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer Hahaha, well I'm pretty hopped up on ice cream right now...it's got me flinging out gifs and helpful links like

• Options
     My DH read the below article and said I finally somewhat understand how you've been feeling.  I thought it was a good read so thought I would share. Some of you may have already read it.  

https://www.glamour.com/story/actress-melissa-rauch-announces-pregnancy-and-reflects-on-miscarriage
  • Options
    mrschxmrschx member
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) - I've been lurking for awhile now, but new to participating. So, yes. I posted my intro earlier today, so you can see it titled "Nervous Intro...TW" for more information. Also, I am pretty open to conversation about our loss so if you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask. I think its good for my emotional healing to be able to talk about it. 
    ***TW**************
    I am here now after losing my son at 39 weeks this April. I spent about a year following the TTC board when we were trying to get pregnant with him.
    ***End TW**************************************

2. Status? I am technically benched. Because of my C-section and resulting blood loss I should really be TTA until September at the earliest. But, considering I still haven't seen a "normal" AF, I am thinking it will naturally be a little while before I can really expect anything to be cycling in a followable way. I am considering doing some OPK's just to see if I get a positive and am indeed cycling? Also not sure if I am up for that again either. I honestly never thought I would be ordering those damn things again. 
    3. R/R? I'm going to call that my rant...ugh, to get the opk's again, is this a dream? It feels unreal. Anyways, Rave - So, I took the facebook app off my phone, and it feels amazing! I have so much more spare time! Truly liberating.
    4. GTKY: Post a gif/meme/image that relates to your job. 
    Image result for interior design gif

• Options
    @Mack2342 - I read that article a couple days ago.  A friend of ours had her FB announcement earlier in the week.  I'm always excited for those people but then it just reminds me of my loss and very empty uterus.  Talking to DH about it the next morning - about my thoughts and he is always trying to think of ways to make me feel better.  I just told him "don't talk just listen" - sometimes I just want to express myself and he is always trying to fix it.  Gosh I told him I wonder if that will ever be us then I finished saying it probably won't happen and I will just need to accept it.
  • Options
    @mrschx - my loss doesn't even compare to yours but I had those same feelings - like damn back to square 1.  I only used OPKs the 2nd month after my loss to get an accurate prog blood test then I said screw it.  I just can't do that stuff anymore.  It's just not in me.
  • Options
    Mack2342Mack2342 member
    edited July 2017
    Ranting...so some of you know I have struggled with my 22 yr old niece being pregnant with her boyfriend of a month.  She doesn't work and is being supported by her mother And the boyfriend.  They moved in together and had the baby on Tuesday.  I'm happy that they are both ok and healthy but still not super excited by the situation.  Her announcement was a couple months after my first loss and have since had a 2nd.  So I have an almost 2 yr old DS and we very much follow a schedule for nap and bedtime.  So tomorrow we have a family party and she told my mom she is planning on taking this 3 day old baby to a party of 50+ people most of which will be strangers as it's cousins 40th.  My mom suggested that it might not be a good idea to take newborn to a crowd so soon and she said I'm not going to be one of those parents who makes their kid follow a schedule and we plan around naps.  She will just have to learn to deal with it.  Now for me to each his own whatever works for you and child but I was very annoyed by her comment and the fact that she wants to take this baby out where everyone will want to handle her.  I'm sure I'm more annoyed because I'm not thrilled with the situation.  Just bothers me 
  • Options
    pghrenpghren member
    @mack2342 that sounds like a nightmare

@vlagrl29 that's how I usually feel about fb pregnancy announcements but I got to see one this week from a ttcal friend from college that made me so happy. It was really nice and habe me some hope

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)
    Been here since last Oct. Coming up on TTC during the time we got our first bfp last year, not sure how to feel about it
    2. Status?
    CD 13 here using the cheap opk's
    3. R/R?
    Rant:
    Crazy week. Mom and grandmother are both in town and driving DH ... and me half crazy. Sorry to anyone I blew off on here this week ... I think my last mobile post I meant to write never sent and then I got busy cleaning the whole house ... needless to say I'm glad we're still waiting on O because we're exhausted and hosting guests till tomorrow
    Rave:
    I get to play in our local rugby 7's tournament Saturday. It's the first time all summer our team has scrounged up a full roster to be able to get out and play! Pretty excited. I want my bfp but I also want to play some more rugby before I see it. Hooray for silver linings of still being here
    4. GTKY: Post a gif/meme/image that relates to your job. What I feel like doing with my notes:

• Options
    @Mack2342 she sure has a lot to leArn. Everything revolves around the baby's schedule. Sorry for the annoyance.

@allowachick I do have a friend who struggled 2 years to get pregnant and I'm thrilled for her. We don't always know the back stories so I remind myself of that.
  • Options
    @allowachick I understand your feelings about coming up on BFP anniversary.  Mine was at the beginning of the month.  I've had a few bad days.  Next month will be a year since our first loss so I'm sure more bad days to come.  Hang in there. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Sorry about your niece. Sounds very reminiscent of the dumb 19 yo bringing her premature 10 day old to the bridal shower a few months ago. *sigh* Stupid young idiots... Good luck at the family gathering I guess! 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)
    I've intro'd but MMC confirmed at 12 weeks on May 2. AMA and PCOS. 
    2. Status?
    WTO CD 10
    3. R/R?
    Rant--If DH leaves another empty water bottle laying around the house I might beat him with it. 
    Rave--did great eating healthy this week, kinda proud of myself (had fallen off the wagon after the MC) 
    4. GTKY: Post a gif/meme/image that relates to your job.

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @rosemaryandthyme - Yes, the acupuncturists have recommended abdominal massage for fertility and have someone on their staff who can provide that service. They also said I can do self-massage, which I have done here and there, however, for now I am sticking to the protocol I've got since it is a lot for me as it is. 
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • Options
    @weareturtles That's great!  I figured your acupuncturist may have recommended that/had a connection.  I totally understand about not wanting to add anything else to your routine...our protocols can easily get overwhelming!
  • Options
    I have my REIKI appt tomorrow afternoon. I informed DH of it tonight and he gave me a weird look.  He probably thinks I'm cray but he said if it makes me feel better then go for it.  He did say if it did nothing for me to not go again.  I told him I thought it would be good for my "letting go" process.
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited July 2017
    @weareturtles - I'm definitely following your acupuncture journey.  I'm hoping that's all you need to get that embryo.  I'm all about that kind of stuff.

@rosemaryandthyme - do you have experience in it?  I heard from a girl I go to yoga with that there is a great fertility acupuncturist in our area that has helped hundreds of babies become conceived.
  • Options
    I tried fertility acupuncture back in November. I really liked the lady that I was seeing but it adds up really fast, especially when they want you in about twice a week. Obviously I didn't get KU but I did feel more relaxed and I only tried it one cycle. I just really couldn't afford to keep going with it. I do know that it increase the success rates for both IUI and IVF though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I hope your appointment goes well. If you feel up to it I would love to hear how it goes after. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @vlagrl29 I don't have any personal experience with acupuncture (and don't practice it professionally), but had lots of colleagues that are LAc's or MSOM's that provide it.  I've heard lots of success stories!  I think Chinese medicine is so interesting because it looks at the body's physiology in such an entirely different way than western medicine.  If it's in your budget, I certainly recommend it!

I'll be interested to hear how your reiki session goes!
  • Options
    @rosemaryandthyme well unfortunately we don't have tons of extra funds. Too bad it's not covered by insurance. It's not something we could do long term. I'm still hoping it somehow happens naturally for us.
  • Options
    @rklinge0 - so sweet. thanks for thinking of me. We got home this evening - I ended up staying off the internet most of my vacation which was great for me.
    DH & I and my SIL & I had some hard convos on vacation. With DH it was about TTC - we may stop for a while which is probably the right move but is frickin hard.

And my SIL and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of this baby loss stuff so we are butting heads and I'm so over it. I'll elaborate some other time but its just bullshit. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    glad you're back @ladipale - was thinking about you!  Stopping TTC would be hard.  I'm finding a lot of internal conflict with letting go but still trying to have hope.  that is so hard!
  • Options
    Well my reiki appt went well.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  It lasted about 2 hours.  We talked in the beginning then she took a minute to get an overall sense of my aura.  She mentioned a couple things that did ring true in my life.  I then laid down on a table for probably an hour while she did her thing.  she said my root chakras need the most work but my upper ones are just fine.  She also said my overall "energy" for the last year has been at a 3 and I'm pretty depleted.  I told her how I was taking the summer off the insanity of TTC and she recommended continuing that path.  She recommended every time I start to feel it go low that I do something that brings it up which is what I've been trying to do with my new list of goals and what not.  I felt very relaxed when it was over.  I also felt it confirmed the path I'm taking now is the one I need to continue with.  She didn't see adoption, IUI, or IVF in my future.

I wouldn't do this all the time, but I felt it was a good thing to invest in for this one time.  She said I need to keep doing yoga - I don't ever see myself stopping that since I've been doing it for 4 years.