Pregnant after IF
Options

When did you get symptoms of a BFP?

Popping over from the IF board. When did you start getting symptoms ? I had a FET of a day 5 blast on Thursday morning so today is 2dp5dt. I had some tugging/crampy feeling yesterday but nothing so far today. I know I'm being irrational but it's fun to speculate! 

Re: When did you get symptoms of a BFP?

• Options
    My first pregnancy symptom was a BFP. I didn't start feeling symptoms that could not be attributed to the progesterone until close to 6 weeks 
  • Options
    Same as @LadyMillil, I was shocked when my first beta came back positive because I had NO symptoms and a friend who was going through IVF at the same time did. It's so easy to overanalyze everything and the waiting is SO HARD. Best of luck and FX for you!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my daughter (no fertility treatments) I swear I knew in 3 days, I was constipated and tired immediately, even told my husband I bet I was pregnant. This time (IVF fresh transfer) I did have weird "bubble" feelings almost right away but never any other signs. Fingers crossed for you!!
  • Options
    I felt some crampy sensations throughout the 2ww. (I got my BFP at 9dp5dt, so 2 weeks from fertilization, 4 week mark for pregnancy using pregnancy math). But those cramps could have just been from the invasiveness of the transfer-- I really don't know if it was implantation cramps. Maybe? I didn't have those in all the BFN cycles.

I had actual implantation bleeding a week after my BFP, at about the 5 week mark. I was devastated, thinking I was losing it, but my doctor told me it's very common in that time frame. (I was surprised, thinking that implantation bleeding happened during the 2ww, but the embryo can continue to burrow in deep and cause bleeding for a couple weeks.)

The nausea and fatigue and terrible farts of death didn't hit me until about the 6-7 week mark. (My symptoms have not been glamorous.)
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @Ash_SE Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. What makes it really hard is many early pregnancy symptoms can be the same as premenstrual symptoms, and your normal monthly symptoms can be different because of the extra hormones. 
    I know it's tough but the only way to know for sure is to get that magical BFP. 
    Keep positive and good luck!
  • Options
    srh18srh18 member
    i had sharp pains for the 2-3 days following transfer and was dead tired almost immediately. Got my first BFP 4dp5dt--triplets. 

Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    I really didn't have any symptoms and was convinced it didn't work. I'm now 6weeks6 days and still don't really have many symptoms. GL to you though!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got my first BFP 4dp5dt (FET) and the only reason I tested so early was because I felt like I was getting sick. My cheeks were flushed and I felt really tired. I would have waited at least another 3 or 4 days though otherwise. Being tired was my main symptom for the first few weeks. Like extremely tired, and that didn't go away until the 2nd trimester.  :D Also, the cramps/tugginess would come and go, which is scary but completely normal. I am crossing my fingers for you this cycle!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My only physical symptom was heartburn (and a BFP), but after months of IUIs where I never felt "good" about them, I just knew the IVF had worked....seems like a totally unreliable thing, but for me it was very real. I'm 19 weeks today! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I felt crampy in the couple of days before my BFP and I had a very faint line the first day of the cramping. I had had an evap on the cheapies a month before, so I didn't really trust it when I saw the line that month. But it was much darker two days later on the day AT was supposed to arrive. I've had BFN cycles with far more symptoms than that BFP cycle! You just never can tell. 
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I had that same unexplainable gut feeling that it had worked, too! I'm glad our guts were both right.