September 2017 Moms
Options

VBAC Check in 7/7/17

I'm going to switch check in days to Fridays, because I work weekends. Hope you don't mind!

Tell us how you're doing this week and anything you want to share about your upcoming vbac. Questions, concerns, accomplishments, etc.

Re: VBAC Check in 7/7/17

• Options
    Still no new provider (insurance blows, lots of expense to switch, even for a consult, and places are booked my due date). But my current provider seems suddenly very interested in me having a TOLAC and VBAC. Very confusing, lol.

Accomplishment:  feeling good, exercising, no GD, baby had big head but otherwise measures "spot on," no swelling (yet), and leave paperwork is filed (counting down the days - 16.5 days of work... 3 weeks).

Concerns:  Post-partum blues (I had them first time around pretty badly) especially if my VBAC becomes complicated.  I'm new to this area (we moved here 2 years ago but the only other mom I got really "close" with recently moved far, far away...) concerned about postpartum support network.  Don't get me wrong I have family (cousins, my age, lovely ladies) that I am close with, and DH is amazing, but let's be honest, none of them have kids and sometimes you NEED that comradeship when you are going through something tough.

Me: 31 & DH: 36
    Married 2009
    DS: 6 y/o
    TTC #2 for (way too long)
    BFP: 12/30/2016 !!!

• Options
    @PKFMommie I had PPD with my first and it was so hard. I hope neither of us have to experience it this time. Are you still in communication with the other mom? It would be great if she could still be a friend and a support to you, regardless of the distance. My close friends are also far from me now due to a move last year. 

Not loving this phase of the pregnancy, but happy to be approaching 30 weeks. I'm feeling really behind and unprepared. I have so little time for myself and my husband is super uninvolved. I don't think he understands that he is my labor partner, so preparation would be a good idea. Maybe when he sees me really digging in, he'll get a fire under his butt.