Adoption

Announce on Social Media

Hello! I am a former very active bumpie. I had a daughter in 2013 and we are now early in the process of adopting from the Philippines (to canada). 

When did you post on SM that you were wanting to adopt? When is too early? 

I would love to post now, but my DH thinks its soon, because the process isn't super transparent. 

I don't think its too early, considering we've been taking steps to do this for a few months now. 

Thoughts?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Announce on Social Media

• I don't do social media, so we didn't post anything on there. We did put on our Christmas card that we were starting the Foster Care process and that was right when we were starting our application. But that was also only close friends and family.

If we were doing private adoption I would probably tell family and close friends about it in person at the beginning of the process, but wouldn't post anything online about it until after adopting and bringing the child home. But that's just me.
    Me: 25   H: 24
    TTC #1: September 2015 - October 2016
    NTNP: November 2016 - present
    TSH levels brought down from 4.56 to 1.69!

Foster Care process
    Finished licensing requirements: June 2017
    Waiting for our first placement!
  • Personally I have not posted anything because this process could take 2 months or 1 year or 3 years... i did tell my family once we passed our Home Study and signed with the adoption agency. Some of my friends know too. But I'm not super close to everyone I'm connected to on SM so maybe once we're matched to a birth mother I'll do a little teaser of things to come.

Everyone is so different, so you do you. There's no right or wrong answer.
  •     
  • I think until you have an adoption date, it's probably better to keep it off of social media. BUT, to each their own! I'm not a good secret keeper with big stuff. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!