Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS July Check-in

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: leashes for toddlers: no freaking way or hell yes my kid is a runner? 

Re: TFAS July Check-in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited July 2017
    @DumbledoresArmy - it's so hard to answer this because I don't know any other way, but overall I'm really happy to have them close together.

I'm not gonna lie though, it's ROUGH for a while. When DD was a newborn she was diagnosed with reflux disease, and she never slept more than 20ish minutes at a time. Ever. That plus a very, very active 19 month old was a lot to handle. I'm fortunate that my husband is an extremely active partner in parenting because I'm not sure I would have made it otherwise! Around 14ish weeks old DD got her shit together and has been a super sweet, happy baby ever since. Thank god. 

I will say my saving grace was figuring out a daily schedule that works for us and sticking to it no matter what. The advantage of having 2 under 2 was that DS, the older child, napped (and still naps) really well. Psychotically making sure they both go down at the same time in the afternoon is why I still have a shred of sanity left ;) So while it is tough, there is definitely an upside to be found as well! 

ETA: there's a lot of upside beyond just napping, obviously! That's just what popped into my head first ;) 
  • Options
    @DumbledoresArmy I don't know exactly when I started ovulating again, but I got my first period at 10 months pp and when I started temping (~14 months pp) I saw a temp shift that cycle.  So at the very least by 14 months?  DS started table foods at 6 months and we phased in WCM around 12 months.  I nursed him at least morning/evenings until almost 15 months and was also pumping/nursing on weekends until 13-14 months.
  • Options
    @DumbledoresArmy So I'm not the best resource on BFing and cycles because I have PCOS so my cycles are super irregular and I'm on clomid to O.  But... I started cutting back on pumping sessions in May.  When I cut out my "lunch" pump - 2 weeks later I felt like I was maybe Oing - crampy and bloated with EWCM.  I didn't have OPKs at that point and wasn't temping so can't be sure.  And like 2 weeks after that got my first PP period.  (Ha that didn't answer your question at all - but thought I'd tell my story - please ignore if this is not helpful.)

I think @fishsticks-n-custard is BFing and TFAS - might be able to give better advice/input.

Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    LazyCraneLazyCrane member
    edited July 2017
    What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 14/11

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 years

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm getting antsy. Ready to ovulate. Get this show on the road. I had 2 almost mature follicles at my scan Friday and a positive OPK Monday but still not temp shift and OPKs are back to negative. I have another scan tomorrow to see what's up. 

Any questions?

GTKY: leashes for toddlers: no freaking way or hell yes my kid is a runner? My kid is not a runner, so I don't have a use for a leash, but I'm not in the business of judging someone with a more aggressive boundary pusher. 
  • Options
    @holly321 my son is on the spectrum also. And we're 95% sure he has ADHD also. It's fricking exhausting lol. Is it your 6yr old? Tell me it gets easier? Please? Lie to me? lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    holly321holly321 member
    edited July 2017
    @catlady1215, it since my 4 year old.  But, my 6 year old seems like she may be on the spectrum too, I am having her reevaluated in November.   She so far is diagnosed with anxiety and depression.  We assume she is OCD and bipolar.

ETA, although our DS's are the same age, I will say he is getting easier.  Therefore we started TTC again.  We were done about a year ago (vasectomy pre-op was scheduled) because all the appointments and stuff was too hard then suddenly life calmed down.  I think school helped.
  • Options
    @kmalls Thanks for your story!  Your DD sounds just like MY DD, so I'm hoping child number 2 is a bit easier and naps for longer!  Just like yours, mine got better around 3 months but, boy, newborn phase was HARD.  She's still on prevacid for reflux even now, but is a happy easy baby at this point.

@becausescience I'm a teacher too, March/April maternity leave FTW!   Good luck to you!!  And your story WAS helpful, I was thinking of cutting out a few nursing sessions during the day to see if that helped.  Also I love your screen name.

@nanilani04 Thanks for the info, I hope I don't have to wean completely to get my cycles back.

• Options
    Thanks @kbamomma33 and @kmalls. I think I'm comparing her to other babies her age who agree eating table food like pros - which isn't helpful bc I know she'll get there at her own pace. 

@DumbledoresArmy Glad I could help. :# I'm down to one pump a day (~7oz) and am trying to figure out how to be done. 

Another question bc I'm a clueless FTM:
    How many bottles/how much were your LOs drinking around 10 months? We do five a day for about 28oz total and I'm thinking of switching to 4 at 7oz each. It is really hard to get a "lunch" in right now and I'm thinking this will help. 
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    @becausescience - I can't remember exactly where DS was at 10 months, but DD will be 9 months next week and we do roughly 4 bottles a day with 7 ounces each, give or take. She's teething like crazy right now and is doing more frequent feedings with less ounces, but when we get a break from the teething I'm assuming she'll go back to 7 ounces again. 
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 2nd

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW.. CD1 to be exact. ew. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well I just finished a long ass 48 day cycle so I am just a little exhausted because I had questionable tests and just multiple things that made me feel in and out and then when I finally got AF I was just... ready for it to be over so I can start new.
    For this cycle I am going to be focusing on weight loss. This is how I got pregnant with my son and so I will need to get my weight under control first. 

Any questions? Not at the moment. 

I haven't used one yet but I have a leash back pack ready to try out whenever... no judging here, ladies. 
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

What number are you trying for? Number 2!

Cycle/Month? First cycle 

WTO/TWW? WTO. I think it's coming in the next few days based on my CM. My temps have been a little erratic and no positive OPK yet. 

Ages of other child(ren)? Three year old son 

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is our first cycle, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm a little out of practice with tracking everything on Fertilitu Friend. 

Any questions?  Anyone else noticed erratic temps after getting an IUD removed? 

GTKY: leashes for toddlers: no freaking way or hell yes my kid is a runner? No way for me. But if he was a runner, I'd probably do it. 
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco I had a loss the cycle before I got pregnant with our son and never had a period in between. Fingers crossed for you and good luck!  
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 next month

Any thoughts about this cycle? Getting bbt and opks in mail tomorrow.... going to reluctantly temp this cycle

Any questions? Any of you have cramps after getting IUD removed like for a few months almost nonstop?

Nah- he is a runner but so am I  ;)
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? CD21 so I think TWW but I'm not temping this cycle so HIO just in case ;)

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Good timing but need some luck to go with it. FX

Any questions?
    @thisnthat314 I had my IUD taken out several years ago due to a large ovarian cyst forming (I essentially had a tennis ball removed from my ovary). But I don't remember cramping. Although I never had many menstrual symptoms before either. Everyone is different but cramping for a few months warrants an email or call to your doctor. My doctor has a portal I can email questions too, I find it helpful for things like this. Hopefully they can help alleviate your concern. 

GTKY: leashes for toddlers: no freaking way or hell yes my kid is a runner? I used to give some serious side eye to leash-parents. Until I had my own toddler that hates holding hands in public, crowded, dangerous places. I see you leash-parents, I see you. Do what you need to do to get through the day. 
  • Options
    @thisnthat314 I had cramping for a couple of weeks after my IUD removal the first time (it had been in about 4 years). When I had my last IUD removed in Feb, I didn't have any cramping but it had only been in a year. Not sure if that's helpful or not, but I agree with @cards10, probably worth checking with your doctor.

@cards10 I have an 18 month old too!

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @fishsticks-n-custard Ah, we can revel in all the joys of birthdays being so close to Christmas... not lol
  • Options
    @cards10 My daughter was born NYE, which means she'll always have fireworks for her birthday! But did have a very surreal experience, waking up in the hospital after delivering and wondering why I was hearing gunshots. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @cards10 My son hates holding my hand too (unless he's dragging me somewhere).  WTF kid, you're one!  I thought you were still supposed to like me :|  Jk, I know he just wants to be independent.
  • Options
    @50Wife Holy cow - glad they were able to clear your tubes.  Did they say what could have caused them to become blocked?

@thisnthat314 Good luck temping.  I don't find it bad at all, while others seem to hate it.  I set my alarm a hour earlier than my normal wake up time, take my temp and then go back to bed.  I read it right away, but I'm pretty sure most thermometers store the last temp, so you can read it later.

@garnetandgoldgrace Sorry for such a mind f cycle.  I need to lose some weight too, but am having a hard time getting motivated to start counting calories and exercising.  I used BFing as an excuse for the longest time, so now that I'm weaning away from the pump (we stopped nursing months ago) I have no more excuses!

• Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @becausescience that was my exact question. She initially just said debris. 
    My husband and I were both like ummmm what exactly do you mean by debris (my husband's exact words were, "Debris? Like a car door??")
    So she basically said period residue, bacteria, stuff like that. 
  • Options
    @becausescience -- my husband was a little TOO good at making lactation cookies while I was BFing and I gained a lot of weight. I used it as an excuse too. But honestly it never made me lose weight. My body grew in places it never grew before and I am just super uncomfortable. I saw pics of me from yesterday and I was like "yea... no....this has to stop!!!" Today kind of sucked but I will just have to keep moving forward and looking at those pics for motivation. If you need support to start... I am here for you. And with keto you don't have to county calories really. Just low carb and high fat!
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
     Hi everyone!! 

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? He will be 3 next week! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh not getting my hopes up. I started tempting last week so it's been interesting! My temp is going down ever so slightly so I'm thinking this months is a bust. 

Any questions? 

GTKY: leashes for toddlers: no freaking way or hell yes my kid is a runner?  My son is a clinger so I never had the need for it but I totally understand some parents need it to keep their kids safe. 
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace Thanks so much for the support.  I probably should do low carb with my PCOS - but bread is so delicious.  I was doing the 21 day fix for like a week before I got pregnant with DD.  My goal is to get in a workout tomorrow - I'll let you know if I get it in so you can hold me accountable.  ;)

Just finished a project making drool pads and a "case" for my ergo 360.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as I had to make my own pattern and use the buttonhole stitch. The project dragged on for a while because I had to order different snaps as my fabric was too thick.  So glad to finally use them. Pics in spoiler:

------------------------------------------
    So today was the first day of 4 bottles a day instead of 5 for my 10 month old.  It went ok, but naps didn't quite work out as planned.  We'll give it another try tomorrow and make adjustments as needed.  And thanks to all who gave me advice on solids.  She is doing much better - still prefers "carbs" but has been actually eating some cheese and carrots.  What kind of fruit is easiest to pick up for babies?  I've tried bananas, pears, peaches, and strawberries but they all seem too slippery for her to grab.
  • Options
    @becausescience Blueberries and cuties or halos (with the slices cut up smaller since she's learning). Those were our go tos. Blueberries are still the fav fruit around here. 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 Thanks so much for your advice on all my (somewhat ridiculous paranoid mom) questions!  Do you cut the blueberries in half?  Quarters?  Smaller than quarters?  And do you remove the "skin" (not the peel) around the clementine wedge before you cut it?
  • Options
    @becausescience I used to just squish the blueberries a little between my fingertips to break the skin for her and make them less slippery and easier for her to gum. I may have cut them in half a time or two if they were bigger blueberries. I never removed the skin after taking off the peel on the clementines. I just made sure to cut them up into small enough pieces so there wasn't any chance of her choking on a big glob of the skin. And your questions are not ridiculous or paranoid! I'm pretty sure that I was just as stressed about all those details during our transition to solids too. It's a big deal going from just milk to trying all the new foods. :)