BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Happy 4th! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any plans today? :) 
    il be going out with hubby for fireworks.. we keep saying this is the last time we will be going out alone before parents and baby come ..  but somehow some holiday or free day comes up and we make another plan! Not complaining ;) 
  • Options
    Happy 4th!

We ran some last minute baby errands. I also wanted to walk after last night's contractions to see if it would help move baby along. I got my hopes up last night and now I'm back to thinking baby will never come out. 
  • Options
    Happy 4th!

SIL and her two daughters came from Colorado and had dinner with us! It's so nice to see them. We haven't seen them since this time last year. My BIL is currently in Barstow doing army training, so she's hoping he is able to see the family before they have to go back to Colorado. 

They are excited for the new baby! Hoping he arrives before they leave on the 30th!
  • Options
    I had to work today but after work DH and I went to his parents house where we had a good dinner, sat outside and played cards. Oh and I am officially on maternity leave now!!! WOOHOO!!!

@BusyZee - DH and I are like that too lol. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks.

@ginger1228 - Sorry you got your hopes up but baby will be here before you know it (I know I just sounded cliche)

@mslynn2012 - I bow to you lol

@cielaw89 - Sounds like fun. FX BIL can make it tomorrow before they go back.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Any 4th of July babies?!?!? Doesn't look like it...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy 4th! 

We did the 1K fun run this morning and I'm beat! Bri is 3 weeks today and this is the most active I've been since having her (I'm over 10K steps and it's only 1pm). Kids are all down for naps and mama thinks she might take one too! 

We will head head over to friends after nap for a BBQ, then walk to the local park for fireworks tonight! Everyone stay safe out there!!!
    @mslynn2012 how are you already clocking 10k steps before 1 and running with your RCS? Serious question. I want to be you #momgoals
    Seriously. I am beyond impressed!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    This post partum foot swelling is something fierce. I thought my feet/ankles were big before... but holy shit. I did NOT have this with DS, so this is super weird.
  • Options
    @MamaRN13 OMG yes this is a whole new level of swollen for me!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    @MamaRN13 @manillabar YES! Count me in the flinstone feet club, too. 
  • Options
    @MamaRN13 wait....there is swelling postpartum?! Everyone keeps telling me the swelling goes away after you have the baby!!  :'(:'(:'(:'(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was SO SWOLLEN after I gave birth. Moreso than during pregnancy! Probably all of the fluids you're on in the hospital! 
  • Options
    @maribeth0721 it gets worse before it gets better. My doctor said basically your body is used to circulating blood/fluids for two people and now that one is gone it has no place to put it so you get super swollen until your kidneys kick in and make you pee it out. Plus most people get lots of fluids in the hospital leading up to delivery and I'm sure that doesn't help.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    @maribeth0721 the post partum swelling was so bad I called my dr twice to make sure it was still normal - I was that scared by how swollen I got! 
  • Options
    OMG yes the swelling is unreal.... like solid trunks from the knees down. It's so uncomfortable. But like I said... did not have this with DS so maybe some of you will be off the hook!  :#
  • Options
    AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited July 2017
    With my first son, my feet were so swollen after he was born that with every step I could feel the top of my foot jiggle like freaking jello. It was insane. 

ETA I had some swelling this time as well, but it wasn't quite that bad. And it's pretty much done now by 8 days postpartum. It's really no big deal because you're supposed to be resting as much as possible that first week anyway.
  • Options
    @mslynn2012 I'm impressed at how much sleep you're getting!
  • Options
    @mslynn2012 I'm impressed at how much sleep you're getting!
    Yeah, the sleep isn't completely accurate. It thinks I'm sleeping when I'm not moving /nursing. But I am getting more sleep with this kiddo than I have vs my others!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    I've been so looking forward to being done with these sausage feet and fingers  :'(  Guess it's better to know in advance though so I can have realistic expectations on when it will go away. 
  • Options
    @mslynn2012 you are an inspiration. How's your incision? 

• Options
    @carol113 me too! I'd never heard of this and read through these posts like "noooooo" 
  • Options
    The fluids at the hospital really do quite a number to contribute to swelling. Anyone not have IV fluids and still experience significant PP swelling? 

On another note- I have become such a homebody. Not as in stay at the house, but stay near it, say within 60 minutes. My best friend wants to meet up tomorrow evening for dinner 2 hours from home (she lives 3.5 hrs away this is in between) and DS wants to go to a church event 3 hrs away next week (without me, for the day only). Both are stressing me out. I am due the 26th, but just want is to be near home now. 
  • Options
    @mslynn2012 I'm soooo impressed!!!!  Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @WeddingNotes13 I am due on the 24th and I'm staying local too. My doctor recommended I cancel my day trip to the beach because I could've needed to drive upwards of 4 hours if I hit traffic after going into labor. I don't want to be stuck in a car in labor, so I'm staying about 30 minutes from the hospital as a precaution.
  • Options
    @crzyforbabies We are staying put too. We did a day trip last weekend and the normally 2 hour drive home took 4.5. That was definitely enough to convince me to stay in town from here on out. 
  • Options
    @WeddingNotes13

We went on a very mild hike for the 4th and it made me nervous the entire time to be away from home, just in case. I think we were 40 miles from home, but only 20 to the nearest hospital so it wasn't bad. We had family in town and they had never been to the mountains here. We took them to all the popular look out spots, which included some mild hiking to get there. My boss kept sending me texts that I should go home in case my water broke. Not a single contraction or cramp, but I slept like a baby!

2 weeks ago we drove 2 hours away to look at a car and ended up buying it. We looked up all the hospitals close by just in case and we brought the hospital bag with us. At this stage, you never know!
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been staying closer to home/hospital for the last few weeks. I'm now 39 + 3 and am working from home because the thought of being 40 minutes from my hospital freaks me out. Haha. 

• Options
    I have a wedding 2.5 hrs away tomorrow and decided better not to go now that DH has work commitments. I feel bad to have to cancel.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Cynth0104 I have the opposite situation.  I live 40-45 minutes away from the hospital, but work is only 15-20 minutes away.  Plus DH works near me.  So I keep dragging myself to work because I'm afraid to be stranded at home.
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons my incision is 100% healed. I had the dissolvable inside stickers and then the glue to close me up. I'd say I was good at about 2.5 weeks (probably sooner, but I'm very cautious). My bleeding is minimal too, just wear a liner all day for occasional spotting. I can't wait for it to stop completely. I have my OB appointment 7/17 and I'd like to be cleared to swim/bathe and MAYBE sex...

@notachanski - thanks! Since then I've tried to hit my goal of 10K steps a day... now if I'd eat healthier perhaps I'd lose these last 20ish pounds. (I know I won't till I'm done BFing, but a girl can hope...)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy