October 2017 Moms

Calling all lurkers / newbies!!

2»

Re: Calling all lurkers / newbies!!

• Hello everyone!  I was a bit active up until about 2 months - not sure if I should but just in case, I will reintroduce myself.  

I'm 24 weeks with twin boys.  I have 1 dd who is 2.5 now and no pets.  I'm also a working mom; a civil engineer.  

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was wondering if anyone is interested in having a Facebook group I know there was one that was started from the private board but I think this one would be more open to everyone. What do you think?
  • Hi Mamas! I'm a message board skimmer, but rarely respond. I'm currently 26 weeks and 4 days with a little girl. I have another DD who is 17 months (going through the lovely 18m sleep regression). I have a circumvallate placenta with this pregnancy, rare, but would love to connect with other mamas with this if they're out there.
  • jsh5jsh5 member
    Hi! I am 28 weeks today with our second son. We have a two and a half year old who is super excited about being a big brother. I also have a stepdaughter and stepson. 
    I teach kindergarten and plan on working up until I go into labor. Like others have said I skim the boards frequently but this is my first time posting. 
    I am excited about having two boys and am in the nesting stage for sure! I have an Amazon addiction and am not really sleeping much.
  • @kncollins09 setting up a private Facebook group sounds good to me! Anyone want to volunteer to do it? Is it all access or just to those that introduced here?
  • @itsamurphything I can set it up and I would love if it was an October 17 thing, however I don't want it to be an issue if you don't introduce you can't be in the group. A lot of moms have not intro yet and I want them to still be able to join
  • abaumeabaume member
    edited July 2017
    @kncollins09 I am interested and do not care who wants to join. It would be fun if we had a laid back and open group, without a ton of restrictions. I was in the November fb group for a week actively only to be removed because after looking at my screen name I was told I didn't participate in the bump enough to be in the group. That I could get back in if I participated on the bump more in a couple of weeks. This of course made me feel completely uncomfortable in that group. So I have been making friends over here since. My due date is Nov 1 but I went 11 days early last time. So mothers intuition tells me that I will go in October anyhow. 
  • @abaume I'm sorry that happened to you.  That's exactly what I don't want this group to be about. I will set up the Facebook group tonight and post the link. What would be a good name for the group?
  • abaumeabaume member
    @kncollins yeah it was a bummer. How about the no drama mamas? Haha! Whatever name works for me, I am not picky. 
  • I don't have an issue but I'm not "out" yet on facebook.  Could we make it like private or secret for now?

• abaumeabaume member
    @hopeby2015 I like how you put that. Lol. Yes definitely private group!!!! 
  • Here is the group. Its a work in progress lol 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/october2017/
  • I set it as a secret group. If you ladies dont mind can we switch the convo over to the facebook group thread? I dont want to hog this thread.
  • abaumeabaume member
    It won't let me get to the page. Also, I am not that tech savvy. 
  • Sorry if you want to join please pm me your email address. Thanks

• Hey guys! I am a bit of a lurker with the occasional posting here and there. Life with my 18 month old daughter keeps me pretty busy. I'm 27 weeks with #2 who is a BOY! I'm 25 and I am lucky enough to be able to stay at home while my hubby works. He does software engineering and programming stuff. I love to read the boards a lot especially when I think of a question I have and usually only like posting when I feel I can really help or what I am going to say is relevant. Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it's the home stretch before our babies are here!
  • Thank you for setting that up @kncollins09 and welcome @friendlywolf0913 ! :)
  • @friendlywolf0913 My husband is also in software! He works for one of the big guys and they take good care of us. 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Hi ladies!! I was active at the beginning, even being one of the first to have a BFP with such an early oct due date but life with a 4yr old and a 2 yr old plus a growing home based business kinda got me sidetracked (and the cumbersome mobile app is frustrating!) 
    i live in Miami, my first two are girls and this baby is a boy!! 
    I'll make an effort to be more vocal in this group as I miss having other mamas to connect to during pregnancy! (None of my friends are currently pregnant)

im glad to see so many people chiming in too, kinda glad I'm not the only newbie that's not quite a newbie lol.

now... if anyone cares to help me fix my siggy, I'd be eternally grateful! I tried deleting a gif I had in there only to get an error that no images were allowed. The error keeps coming up when I try to add the ticker :(
  • mamabear148-2  - I have the same problem!!  I want to delete the gif but can't and don't know how to get rid of it!!

• I'll make this quick... I'm a lurker. Not just on the bump but everything social media lol I'm just not great at socializing.
    I am 28 weeks today with baby #3. Our third girl. My first would have been turning 4 in sept. My second will be 2 in December. I am due oct 14. Trying for a vbac (fingers crossed).
  • Long time lurker here!  I was with my first, too, and never did introduce myself there.  Like many of you, I'm feeling like you have to be posting ALL THE TIME to be a part of any other conversation on here, and don't feel included.  Especially intimidated by all the RULES and hostility!  So I'm happy to see this board!

I'm a 26yo stay at home STM.  29 weeks today! :) We have a DD who will be around 17months when #2 is born, and she is quite the handful!  We're team green (always have been, probably always will be) and want one or 2 more babes after this one.    After having a long haul TTC #1, we were thrilled to find out we were expecting again after literally getting my period ONE time!  Especially since we want our kiddos close in age!

I babysit a couple of kids at home, casually, as well as just launched my blog, hampersandhiccups.com.  Any other blogging mamas?

Of course, summer is also busy for us, but I enjoy getting on here to lurk when I can.

Other than that, we're trying to tie up loose ends before baby is born (hopefully after harvest!), and get other projects around the yard done.

Looking forward to connecting with mamas from all over the place, even though I have a lot of friends with little ones/expecting right now!
  • abaumeabaume member
    @katehegedus and any other late comers or slackers feel free to join the fb group. I promise we are laid back ladies!
  • ^^ If you want to join please inbox me your email address and we can add you!

• Thanks for the invite.  I don't have a FB account, though.... waiting for the gasps...
  • You're not the only one @katehegedus! Glad to see some mamaz will remain on here... 
    Seems like everyone is running off to FB, without even getting to know the great mamaz that remain here, wanting support lol. 
  • @yasandson we are not running off to fb. Just another way to connect. We are still very active on the bump site 
  • abaumeabaume member
    @yasandson don't worry I still heart your face!!!!
  • yasandson said:
    You're not the only one @katehegedus! Glad to see some mamaz will remain on here... 
    Seems like everyone is running off to FB, without even getting to know the great mamaz that remain here, wanting support lol. 
    It's not you, it's the mobile interface of TB that has me running to fb (and the reason I rarely chimed in here the last 20ish weeks to be honest) lol. I'm rarely on my computer these days and when I am, it's 100% productive work and then I'm off once again to keep working or chase after my girls lol. 
    I'll try my best to come in here once in a while to check in! But I can't promise anything (and I am a little weary about getting too personal on such an open forum, general support is fine, but details etc and real connections I'd rather do in a closed setting)
  • StacieGleStacieGle member
    edited July 2017
    Is it too late to join in this? lol I was sort of active in the beginning but life got in the way, then summer happened and between kids/moving/summer, I haven't been active much here.

I actually came here looking to see about fetal hiccups, because after 3 kids you'd think I'd be more confident.  haha

Anyway, we currently have 3 boys, 12, 8 and 1. They keep me on my toes!  lol I stay at home with them while running my own part time business.

I'm currently pregnant with our 4th, a girl this time and we're super excited to get a chance to raise a daughter. From what I understand from my friends girls are fun but my husband is terrified!  lol

Hoping to jump back in here or there when I can! =)

Momma to 3 amazing boys: 12, 8 & 1

Wife of 14 years to one amazing Hubby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Never too late to join mamaz.... The more the merrier!!! 
  • I'm have not been very active. I come and browse every mow and again. My name is Leann and I am coming up on 29 weeks. This baby #2 for me. As I get closer to my due date I am needing to interact with other moms because it has been 10 yrs since I have had a baby and I have forgotten so much lol. I suffered a loss last year and of course became hesitant until I knew for sure.
  • Hi im suzi
    Ill be having my daughter anytime in oct i deliver early so its just a waiting game...currently im on progesterone shots ..this will be my 5 child 4 csection..excited but im actually ready to be done since i was diagnosed with cc and cant find out the stage until six weeks post partum..i am married i have three boys and now two girls a 9.4 3.and one next month
  • @sushisuzi Hello and congrats on your 5th (wow!!) pregnancy! And I'm sending good thoughts your way for a healthy baby AND a healthy mama as soon as possible after delivery <3
  • I only pop on occasionally, so kind of lurker! 33 years old with an almost 4 year old daughter and baby boy due on Halloween. We had secondary infertility and did IVF so I'm just grateful to experience pregnancy again! I'm a freelance designer and mostly stay at home mom, we're so excited to add a baby to the mix.