TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL check-in week of 7/3

2»

Re: TTCAL check-in week of 7/3

• Options
    @sp128 That works for me! I'll pencil it in!!! 
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited July 2017
    @leahcimmichael - so sorry about your CP.  Totally sucks.  Before I switched to a better OB in Feb my old OB tested my P said it was low and to try the suppositories which I did.  I find it created more stress for me than needed.  Got a 2nd opinion and my new OB told me my P was in the lower mid range of normal and to not use the suppositories.  He also told me that Prog doesn't help you get pregnant it really only helps an embaby stick if you do get pregnant.  If it helps you feel better than keep taking it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay @amberruka great job on the boards, we knew you could do it!

Good job on the 6 lbs @dpjennifer I know it doesn't feel like a lot when you have a larger goal, but a loss is a loss and you should be proud.

Welcome @leahcimmichael I'm sorry for your losses, but it sounds like you and @sp128 have a great plan moving forward  ;) and by the way we're Disney fanatics so I love your gtky 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 It's interesting. My doc only prescribed the progesterone to try to see if it would help reduce spotting I was having in between periods. We didn't even discuss what to do if I got pregnant on it. The plan was for me to have blood work done during this upcoming cycle to see what my hormone levels look like. Not sure if the progesterone helped or was a complete coincidence. The science on it seems to indicate that it's only indicated for IVF. *shrugs* Hopefully I'll get some labs done and know more soon. 
  • Options
    sounds like a good place to start would be all fertility testing just to give you a peace of mind @leahcimmichael - Progesterone supplements actually made me sort of cramp a good week before AF came and it also made me spot a good 7 days before AF started.  It also delayed my AF so I had to stop it to induce AF.
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29  Which progesterone supplements were you on again?  I'm on Crinone 8%
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited July 2017
    @sp128 - I had to really do some research and found a compounding lab in my city that sold them to me for $2 a piece.  They didn't take my insurance.  Crinone would have been really expensive for me at the walmart pharmacy - I'm talking my pharmacy deductible of $150 the first time and then $30 every month after that the rest of the year.  The ones I had were shaped like a bullet and I just inserted them in my vagina. They were not the cream crinone - more of a hard suppository that melted.  The oral pills gave me insane side effects.

Honestly I'm really hoping that the next time I get pregnant I have a high enough progesterone that I don't need them.  They got really uncomfortable and would eventfully slide out of me and I'd always have to push them back up before bed time - I took them before I went to bed.  But it goes without saying that I would without a doubt take them if I had low P in pregnancy.
  • Options
    Well I scheduled my first reiki appt on the 15th. Not something I would do all the time because it's about the same price as a massage. But this will be good to do before we go on vacation.
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 I see.  I was wondering why I wasn't getting the leakage you were speaking of!  I use a liner and there's minimal leakage.  
    Let me know how reiki goes.  I've thought about it but couldn't get over paying that much for someone to not even tough me! I know it is about the energy but it's expensive.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    @leahcimmichael I'm so sorry for your losses, but I'm glad you decided to join. It helps a lot to have an outlet with people who understand. Fx your stay is short. 
  • Options
    @amberruka Yeah!!! Congrats on passing your boards!  I bet that feels awesome!!!

@leahcimmichael Welcome to the board, I'm so sorry that you find yourself here, but glad you came out of lurking because this is a great group of ladies.
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited July 2017
    @sp128 - I hear you but I've been stocking money away from gigs I've got so it will definitely be a 1 time thing!  I just won't buy any more yoga clothes for the rest of summer :)  She's had extensive training and a lady at yoga recommended her to me and she said her experience was amazing.  She is also a median - one of those people that sees angels and possibly foresee the future.  I'm not going for that but just hoping to release blockages that have built up in the last year.
  • Options
    1. Hi all - I'm new to this part of the forum.  *TW* I'm in my first cycle of TTC after my first pregnancy ended in a mid-second trimester loss.  I'm sorry you all know pregnancy loss, too.  

2. I'm 7 dpo and obsessing over every possible symptom, even though I know better!

3. I'm quite the emotional rollercoaster these days - some days optimistic, other days little things will send me spiraling or make my anxiety level spike.

4. I'd like to complete an Ironman one day.
  • Options
    @eller-2 Hi and welcome!  I am also in my first cycle TTC after a mid-second tri loss. I'm sorry that you've experienced this, too, but I wish you the absolute best in your TTC-ing.  I'm only on CD 3, but remember clearly from the last time around how hard it is not to obsess over every little thing in the TWW!
  • Options
    @rosemaryandthyme, thanks for the welcome and the positive wishes.  I just went back and read your intro thread - I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm wishing you all the best as well as you jump back into TTC-ing.  I imagine we'll be feeling a lot of the same emotions in this "fresh start" cycle (so full of potential and so terrifying).   
  • Options
    Welcome @eller-2. I hope your stay is short
  • Options
    @eller-2 Yes, definitely to all those emotions.  Going through so much of a pregnancy already just to have it end in loss just feels a bit exhausting!  I'm nervous about having to get through the whole first tri again, just with feeling so crappy and everything, but still hoping that I get another chance at it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome to the board @eller-2 and I'm sorry for your loss
  • Options
    1. I've been lurking for close to three weeks. Sad to be here but glad to be reading all of your inspirational stories. *TW* water broke at 20 weeks most likely due to infection followed by D&e at close to 21 weeks
    2. Since my D&e was only close to three weeks ago, I'm still waiting for first AF
    3. Can't wait to start charting with you ladies. I hope it'll give me something to look forward to as I've been feeling very empty 
    4. .GET MY PERIOD 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @Knottie1458315846 Welcome to the board, although I'm sorry that you find yourself here.  I hope that your cycle returns soon and that you have a successful TTC journey!  Make sure you go ahead and change your username (you'll have to go into The Knot's website to do that) so that we can recognize and converse with you easier, since there's a million "knotties" :)  I hope your stay with us is short, but I look forward to getting to know you!
  • Options
    Welcome @Knottie1458315846 . I'm sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss @Knottie1458315846