Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of July 3

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of July 3

• How far along are you? 36w6d

How big is baby? According to the app, a papaya. Which means I have no idea how big a papaya actually is since it's 18.5 inches long.

Appointments coming up? Weekly appointments now! Next one is Thursday.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I have some swelling on my right side since that is where the baby is residing and I tire faster than before. Last week was rough - just felt out of sorts - so this week I'm back to working out and eating healthy. No apologies for last week though - chocolate chunk cookies from Costco were AMAZING :) Emotionally I'm starting to get nervous - more about labor/delivery and then bringing home baby! Excited too, of course, but I'm a planner and there's no planning for this! I am in full nesting mode though - yesterday I made 11 different freezer meals which should be about 40/45 meals for my DH and me. It only took me 3.5 hours and I felt SO accomplished. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term tomorrow!

Rants/Raves/Questions: There are so many things that were on to my to do list while pregnant that I never got to and I'm very annoyed with myself on some of them - namely Kegel exercises LOL.

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings? Still can't stomach chicken breasts - at least now I'm down to only if they are whole. Hoping that goes away since a couple freezer meals definitely had whole breasts!!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • nmd9168nmd9168 member
    edited July 2017
    How far along are you? 9 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? About the size of a grape or a pecan or a jack???

Appointments coming up? Nothing until July 26th when I have my nuchal scan....  :/

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, still worried. I keep thinking that lately I've been feeling too good physically. It scares me. My nausea isn't really bad. It only shows up every once in a while. I'm still tired and still don't want to eat most of the time. I have to force myself. My boobs still hurt, but not quite as bad as they did in the beginning. I saw my OB last Thursday and the baby looked fine, she said symptoms can fluctuate, but I'm still not feeling sure about it. I just pray everything is alright. The newest thing, and I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related, is sciatica. It started on Friday. (tingly right leg, mid back pain that radiates lower). Today I woke up, and it's not quite as bad. Thanks for listening to all of my complaints. lol 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? The 12 week mark. Also, my next scan on the 26th. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am gonna lose it having to wait until the 26th to see my baby (and see if everything is still going alright in there)!!! It seems like such a long time.... It's scary. I'm afraid of another MMC. :( With the way my symptoms haven't been quite as strong, it makes that worry feel more legitimate. 

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings? Most things sound gross to me. I've been eating just a little bit, not stuffing myself on my favorite foods, like I did before I was pregnant. We had birthday cake yesterday, and I only ate half of the small piece my sister gave me. The one craving that has been consistent is Italian bread and oil. Oh yeah and cheesecake. I LOVE Cheesecake. lol and it doesn't help that I LOVE making them, too. Here's a photo of a peach cherry cheesecake I made a while ago. I realize that I need to take more pictures of my work. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @byrneme Great idea on those freezer meals! You definitely won't feel like cooking when baby comes lol. Also, congrats on full term!! That's so exciting =D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @nmd9168

As for your fears, totally expected and I get it. I felt the same way. Exact same way. I hate to say it but you have to try and trust which is way way easier said than done. As for symptoms, I can't tell you how many times I called my RE's nurse freaking out. And you know what? Those medical professionals were right lol. Did that stop me from constantly touching my boobs to see if they were sore? Nope. Not a chance. But, in the back of my mind, I had sound medical advice that helped me talk myself down a bit. So it sucks but you just have to make it through to your next goal- which you have. Because, sadly, PGAL brain doesn't go away. Once you hit a goal, you'll find a new reason to worry. I can't tell you how, this late in the game, I've convinced myself the baby isn't moving as much for some dark reason when really it's just bc the room is tight or the baby has found a good spot. I guess my point is don't drive yourself crazy- again, easier said then done. And post all your crazy on these boards because we've been there :)
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme Wow. You are doing amazing on getting ready--with DS I had good intentions of doing that but life intervened. And by life, I mean my couch. Also, congratulations on full term!

@nmd9168 I know it's rough to be so uncertain and trust me, the whole symptoms and lack there of leads to a lot of Google over here. ((Ps, I don't recommend Dr. Google)). My friend who is pregnant with her rainbow after a loss, and another friend who just had her rainbow baby just told me that their OB's were both very understanding of the mindf?€& of PGAL brain and let them make appointments as needed during the pregnancy. Do you think your doctor would be open to doing a heartbeat check with you in the middle of the month to ease your mind?? I'm thinking of you. 

How far along are you?
    I'm somewhere in my 4th week. I won't know until a dating scan the beginning of August ((hopefully))

How big is baby?
    Tiny. With my guesstimate of dates, it says a poppy seed. 

Appointments coming up?
    Long story, but I have two insurance options and probably am switching to the opposite option so I can pick my OB. So I called and got in with the #1 OB in my city on 2 August. His first availability was during my trip to visit my parents so I'm guessing I'll be around 8ish weeks. 

Emotionally--I don't want fear to run my life so I'm trying to soak this in--i.e., today I am pregnant. DS and I are going to spend the rest of July visiting my family and I need to decide how I want to deal with telling family and when.
    Physically--My biggest symptom is fatigue. I definitely wasn't this tired with my last pregnancy and while I remember being tired with DS, I don't remember it being this bad. I mostly have food aversions and I am trying not to worry that I don't have a ton of morning sickness yet. I definitely feel queasy every night at bedtime. Go figure that I hope it's coming...

I'm really looking forward to my appointment in August, especially since I have so many friends who have recommended Dr. H

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    NA

Nothing sounds good. We ordered Greek tonight and I was really bummed that my gyro had hummus on it instead of tzatziki. And I wanted the lemon chicken and rice soup really bad and then it didn't taste good at all. I mean the soup was fine. Pregnant me didn't like it though. Too lemony. Ha. 
  • @mdfarmchick welcome and congrats! You sound just like me my first tri- exhausted (like literally having the life sucked out of me) and zero interest in food. Nothing sounded good and I was averted to the main staples of my diet (chicken, eggs, bananas). Hang in there.  My appetite came back around 16 weeks - except for those aversions. I still can't do bananas, whole chicken breasts and I'm only okay with egg whites :) 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • How far along are you? 22+5

How big is baby? coconut

Appointments coming up? next appt is on the 13th

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically doing a little better. Spotting from a couple weeks ago stopped. My back has been hurting and I've been getting lots of leg cramps lately. Emotionally I'm still a little shaken from the spotting but trying to focus ahead and just be grateful that LO has been moving so much lately so that's reassuring that (s)he is doing just fine

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?I'm creeping into viability and just taking things one week at a time

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings? I haven't had any real specific cravings or aversions lately, mostly just starving or not even remotely interested in food
  • @Byrneme congrats making it to full term! I hope I have enough energy and motivation to make freezer meals and such to prepare as I get further along

@nmd9168  I had some symptoms right away and then other 'common symptoms' didn't come for me until a little further in. I was constantly worried that something was wrong because I wasn't having the same symptoms others were having. I know it's easier said than done but try to not worry too much because it's normal for symptoms to fluctuate and to be different from person to person

@mdfarmchick congrats! I still struggle with nothing sounding good on a regular basis other than watermelon and cantaloupe but I've eaten so much of that lately I can hardly stand it now , hopefully you get your appetite comes back quicker than mine has. 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme once again there are several things from your post i just want to copy and paste for my own, namely: " Emotionally I'm starting to get nervous - more about labor/delivery and then bringing home baby!" and "There are so many things that were on to my to do list while pregnant that I never got to and I'm very annoyed with myself on some of them" - I WISH I could copy your freezer meals, I haven't been that motivated yet - maybe when nesting really kicks in!

How far along are you? 37w2d

How big is baby? My growth scan on 6/29 estimated 6 lbs 15 oz already, big baby!

Appointments coming up? Not this week.  I was surprised, I was supposed to move to weekly appts at 36 weeks but my midwife said everything was looking good and with the holiday it would be fine to wait until 38 weeks. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally - logically I'm feeling pretty good, got most of our to-do list done this weekend, but I still haven't packed my hospital bag!  I think that's like the last straw, once I do that, it's all real and I'll be going into labor soon, and that's scary/exciting/all the emotions.  Physically I'm just getting slower and more easily exhausted every day. Yesterday we were putting in the car seat bases and it wasn't even that hot out and I couldn't even handle it.  My mom was over helping with some things and my H and her had to finish by themselves. I spent the rest of the day inside on the couch with my feet up finishing thank you cards. 

I honestly don't know if I ever really believed I'd make it to this point, but going into labor is the next milestone!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    This is both a rant and a rave, but for the past few months I've been anticipating a promotion/position change at work, which is great.  However, it took a long time to get through HR and the new position comes with better maternity leave benefits.  Again, this is great and a rave, but I haven't been able to formally document my maternity leave plans with HR due to this.  It has officially gone through now but won't be recognized in the system until the start of the next pay period (7/10), so I hope this kid doesn't come earlier than that!

I went through a period earlier 3rd trimester where nothing sounded good just like in the beginning.  I've had nausea on and off this entire pregnancy and never really had cravings, more aversions but nothing specific. 
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks and some change

How big is baby? The size of a pea

Appointments coming up?  MONDAY--the 10th!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally--nervous, but I doubt that goes away for a while.  I have been having some MS, even more tired, and food aversions--so I see that as a little reassurance.  

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? My appointment and hopefully seeing that little heart beating!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am just frustrated with DH.  He wants to tell EVERYONE--which is annoying to me because I am still very cautiously excited.  I am home for the summer with DS--who is a toddler--and DH doesn't understand that I don't feel well and says, "you are barely pregnant, stop being dramatic".   This makes me irrationally mad.  On a positive side, I am thankful I am home the first tri so I can take it easy (teaching preschool with MS would be rough!).  

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings? I like poptarts, Popsicles, pizza, and pepsi--the four P's.  I threw up this morning...that was fun.  

@nmd9168  That looks incredible.  

@mdfarmchick Welcome!  Don't fret over the lack of symptoms--it's early still.  My MS didn't kick in until this week--until then, I was just tired and had sore boobs! 

@byrneme and @CPR79  Full term! Congrats ladies! 
  • @magnolia305 Your DH sounds like he's forgetting that you are growing a human. I think the first trimester can be worse than the third... but check back with me in seven months. :smiley: 
  • How far along are you? 4w3d 

How big is baby? poppyseed, I believe 

Appointments coming up? not until July 13  :s

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? increasingly agitated and anxious. I'm exhausted and somewhat crampy, but that's about it. I'm a mess internally. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? first ultrasound

Rants/Raves/Questions: nothing at the moment

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings?  not yet, but I'm anxious for them to kick in so I can truly "feel" pregnant, lol.
    TTC #1 since 6/2011 ~ BFP #1: 8/19/2011; C/P 8/27/2011 ~ BFP #2: 9/28/2011; Blighted Ovum DX 10/19/2011; D&C 11/2/2011 ~ (DX 1/2012 w/ hetero MTHFR) ~ BFP #3: 5/3/2012 (RX BA & Progesterone supplements) EDD 1/11/2013 PLEASE be our rainbow baby ~ Ultrasound @ 7 weeks 5/25: We have a heartbeat! :)BabyFetus Ticker image
  • How far along are you? 
    6w2d 
    How big is baby? 
    Lentil
    Appointments coming up?
    First ultrasound next Tuesday 
    I am a pendulum swinging between wanting to be excited and wanting to be rational. Physically i get tired easily and am queasy at times throughout rhe day - definitely not complaining. I am happy to be having symptoms.
    The ultrasound 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    My OB let me skip the meet and great typical firat appointment and go right to an u/s. Which is great because everytime im there it takes at least an 1.5hrs. The wait at his office is terrible but he is worth it.

water!!! I need so much water!!!!

@byerneme its never too late for kegels!!!!

• @magnolia305 Thank you =)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maksim's MomMaksim's Mom member
    edited July 2017
    It's been quite a few weeks since I did a check in. Mostly because identifying as pgal is scary and worrisome...but I lurk and see new mamas here so thought it's a good opportunity to join in again. 

I'm 27 weeks along with rainbow baby. App says it's size of lettuce. I actually figured out that som weeks the "size" refers to the length while others seems more for weight. 

Our next u/s app is on July 20 where they're gonna check on my full placenta previa and see if it's moved enough or at all. 

I'm feeling ok physically, can't complain. Emotionally I'm better each week but the pgal in me is always afraid of something horrible happening. I'm feeling the baby moving and don't need to use the Doppler nearly as often. I've seen others talk about using them and I might as well confess that I used mine every single day and sometimes twice daily until about week 19 when I felt baby moving daily. It got me through the first trimester. I was a wreck before getting it. The wait between u/s was torture and I was borderline depressed. 

Wishing you all a happy pregnancy :) 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Hi there... newb to this forum. This is my 5th pregnancy in 2 years of losses. Hoping I finally have my rainbow.

How far along are you? 
    3w6d/11dpo (3w3d adjusted I guess?)

How big is baby? minuscule, lol

Appointments coming up? 2nd beta on Sunday morning. I'm terrified. The nurse was overly unenthusiastic about my 12 yesterday saying "we like to see higher numbers at 4 weeks". Hello! I ovulated late, jeez.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Anxious. I'm watching my daily wondfo strips like a hawk. This is my first pregnancy starting progesterone as soon as I spied a tint on the hpt vs. waiting for spotting to start to take. Only my second pregnancy taking it at all since the docs all blew it off as unimportant. I STILL HAVEN'T TOLD DH YET... he leaves on the 19th for a month long business trip. I don't want him worried I'll hemorrhage again, or need emergency surgery for another ectopic or anything like that. I wanted to tell him on our dinner date Monday night if my doubling time was good, but the nurse made me really insecure about the first beta. She was all, "We'll be testing you every 48hrs for AWHILE... until it, er, um... declares itself." Gee, thanks lady!  

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? The second beta. I need a 24 minimum, right? I also heard the initial doubling time should be much faster than 48hrs, then slows gradually to every 48hrs.

Rants/Raves/Questions: see question in "milestone". Soooo tired. Ooooh! I took my first yoga class in over a year this morning in one of the most scenic locations in town (tropical conservatory). I didn't think I'd sweat so much!

GTKY: Any food aversions and/or cravings? Yeah, I want my glass of Syrah. Half finished bottle on the counter.  :/
  • @GhanimaAtreides Welcome! Congrats on the BFP! fx all goes well for you and your beta's  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haven't checked in for a bit & happy to see new ladies! 

How far along are you?
    34 weeks 5 days

How big is baby?
    5lbs 2 ounces at my 34 Week scan. On track to be 7lbs by 38 weeks which is when my son was born. Relieved she's a good size.

Appts? 36 week 5 days for strep B etc. 38 week U/S and hopefully baby shows up soon after.
  • Half my post got deleted.. ugh. Lame.