August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Random - 4th July Edition

2»

Re: Weekly Random - 4th July Edition

• Options
    I tried so hard to keep my legs together while sitting at my shower because I was wearing a dress...seeing pictures people took while I was opening presents showed me I failed miserably! Luckily you can't see anything since several got posted on FB! 
  • Options
    @JCPSand2B OMG I never even thought about that! My shower is this weekend, and I was planning to wear a dress. . .  Maybe Ill pull out a maxi so I dont have to worry about it too much! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I noticed it at lunch yesterday. So ladylike.
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I never wear dresses so I wasn't even thinking about it...
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 and @JCPSand2B All I wear now are dresses, and occasionally my single pair of shorts.  I have two maxis, and the rest are knee length, but my ability to sit lady like has completely gone out the window! I really dont care at this point.  However, DHs parents are really great at taking horrible photos of me, and posting them on facebook, so I have to be careful! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    Thank goodness for long dresses/skirts and a desk that I hide behind. Baby was so low yesterday and getting unruly because I think he thought I was squishing him. So I sat all day with my legs spread way open. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My fridge wasn't keeping anything cold so we had to get it repaired last week. Ever since it's been freezing EVERYTHING no matter what we set it at. AND it wont make ice...which is my only craving. 
    I'm waiting for the repair man and I swear if he asks for a single penny (we spent $900 last week) he will regret everything in his life :) 
    Crazy pregnant lady is tired of not being able to eat food when she wants to because it's hot or frozen. 
  • Options
    Went to the local, monthly car seat check. We switched DD (3) to FF and installed the infant carrier. Yesterday I told DD we'd do that all today and she was excited to "face the other way" and "sit next to her brother or sister." We got home and she asked me why she was facing this way now (forward facing) and if the baby was here. I asked her if she liked sitting this way and she said, no. Just a testiment to all those people who say we should have turned her long ago. Nope, she was (and still would be) fine being RFing. If we had the room, she would still be RFing. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    Don't know if this belongs in this thread or not. My sister passed back down pacifiers and bottles that some are 4 years old when I used them with my son. Do I need to replace the nipples on the bottles and also buy new pacifiers? I never thought about that until someone mentioned it to me other day....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EmyB30 yes, they need to be replaced! Rubber breaks down over time and pieces can break off and choke baby.  I did reuse some nipples my sister had from my niece not knowing any better at the time, but I now know you should replace them.  I know some got mixed up and my sister and I both sterilize every time, I'm sure the heat didn't help. So far, I've bought a 2 pack of pacis and 4 level one nipples. I want to make sure this lo likes the same ones before buying a bunch.  We used Dr Brown's with DS and I found a pack of 8 for 6.99 in the level one size.  
  • Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @SouthernMama15 Thanks!!! Thankfully both of our boys liked the same bottle so I only have one type of bottle. I'm really hoping to BF this time so hoping to not have to use bottles until I go back to work. I may go buy one replacement set of nipples and see if he likes those bottles, if not we'll go back to square one and find a bottle he likes. I do have three new pacifiers so that may hold us until we know if he likes them (my son hated them and never took one).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EmyB30 no problem! DS wound up loving the one they gave us in the hospital and a similar one later on. I figure we'll try the hospital one and the kind we bought before buying anything else.
  • Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @SouthernMama15 our hospital gives us binks as well there so I'll have a few more. I know with my son for the first month or so we had enough of those premade bottles that you just add the nipple too that were given to us. So if worse comes to worse, we'll be fine without buying any new bottles/nipples for awhile. Just hoping these boobs work and I don't have to worry about it for awhile! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EmyB30 I replace pacifiers and bottles with each child.  You're probably fine with just replacing the nipples on the bottles, but my kids are spaced far enough apart and the bottles took a bit of a beating that I didn't bother keeping them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Shit. I had no idea you couldn't take hand-me-down bottle nipples. I'm planning to BF and pump so I'd better get on buying a variety of nipples pretty soon. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @DeansGirl14 I didn't know either....I assumed if they looked fine and clean and could sanitize them we would be ok!!! Guess not!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    has anyone started maternity photos you took? I seem not to find a thread and don't want to create one if there is one already. Can someone point me out if there is one? Thanks :)
  • Options
    @emmeline714 yep, we have a thread. I'll search for it and tag you. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited July 2017
    My life is almost complete now that I have finally seen a Red Panda in person.  

Edit:. Autocorrect hates me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker