August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 7/3

Any appointments this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Appointments 7/3

• OTmom3OTmom3 member
    I had my 32 week OB appt today. Pretty uneventful but I did schedule a tentative c-section date in case baby doesn't come on her own (going for a VBAC but have to plan just in case). I also found out I will have one more two week appt at 34 weeks and then she will start seeing me weekly at 35 weeks including internal checks (due to history of preterm labor).
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Loading the player...
  • I had my 34 week appointment on Thursday.  My stomach is measuring 40 weeks so I had a follow up growth ultrasound....baby is measuring large (tummy 97% +) 90th percentile overall. Fluid was good so that wasn't part of the issue.     Going forward I'll have a NST & biophysical profile ultrasound every week.   My son was over 9lbs so I'm worried about how big this guy is going to be.  
  • Pretty uneventful appointment. Measuring at 35 and we can still hear baby's heartbeat. My midwife was able to figure out that baby was head down, but back to my back. She also said his butt was at the top which is what I suspected. Baby loves sticking his butt out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @SpotConlon my baby is also head down and every night he/she pushes his/her butt out! It's so funny! DH think it's freaky but I love it! 
  • SpotConlonSpotConlon member
    edited July 2017
    @lewliv Baby is squirming around a lot all day unless I point it out to DH, then baby stops  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had my 34 week checkup today.  My belly is measuring 37 weeks, so it's looking like it will be a big baby.  I have a growth ultrasound in 2 weeks so I'll have a better idea of size then.  OB did an internal check (per my request), and said I'm still only 1cm dilated which is a huge relief bc I was a cm last month when I had my PTL scare. Glad that i haven't dilated any more! Baby is head down, and sitting low.  So close to the end!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @SpotConlon little dude loves to stick his butt out too! He is more on the left, and so I get a really strange looking bump. DH thinks it's hilarious. But if he touches my stomach, little dude tries to hide, but he has no room, so he can usually feel him
    now. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I have my 34 week appointment on Friday. At my 32 week, they said she was head down but based on all the movement and feeling her on both sides of my belly, I think it's safe to say she didn't really stay that way. Luckily there's still time for her to move and like the Dr. said at my last appointment, it's not important at this point yet that she's in the right position. 
  • I have my 33 week appt on Friday, 7/7. Then I guess it's the 35 week appt & from there it's weekly. I hope I can make it past 36 weeks (w/DS I had him at exactly 36 weeks).

@OTmom3 - at 35 weeks you state that they do internal checks due to history of preterm labor. I'll have to ask this at my appt on Friday bec I also have preterm labor history too. Did they say what the internal checks consist of? Maybe a sonogram too? I'll add this to my list of questions to the Dr. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • At my 34/35 week appointment right now. I'm 34+5. Had an ultrasound and baby had a hand and foot by his face, so he's in a ball which probably explains the pressure. He was measuring 6 lbs 3 oz (79th percentile), about 72nd percentile head, and 90ish for abdomen which she said is normal. If he grows a pound a week between now and then and the ultrasound is anywhere near accurate, he'll be around 10 pounds. Hopefully he'll be around DS's size which was plenty big enough.  Waiting to see the doctor, now.
  • 36w ultrasound today. Hoping to see more (estimated) growth from baby. From 32w to 34w she only gained 7 oz. 
    @dma0389 also hoping to go past 36 weeks! Lately I've been having so many contractions and pressure that I wonder if I'm starting to dilate early again. My Dr hasn't mentioned checks. I guess I will see tomorrow at my check up. 
  • I have my 36 week appointment this week but my Doc should be on vacation so I will see a fill in for him. I start my weekly appointments and I am curious about his growth. It seems like a lot of other doctors have standard procedures that my doctor doesn't have. For example, I don't think that he does internal checks or growth scans routinely. I am so curious to know what I am measuring because I feel huge. 
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    I have a regular OB appointment today at almost 35 weeks. Plan on telling him about the annoying BH and cramping I've been having. But I'm sure that's all normal so probably nothing exciting happening today. He did mention going another 2 weeks between appointments. So the next one I will get another US and my Group B test and I may have him check me at that time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my 32 week appointment today. I found out that two of the four OBs are leaving the practice and the other two are merging with a super group (6 OB/gyns, 2 CNMs, 2 CRNPs) starting August 1st. One thing I loved about my practice is that I had already met all of the OBs and one of them would have been on call to deliver my baby. Now there's a great chance I won't know the Dr on call. Hopefully I'll be able to meet a few of the other Drs. in my last month of pregnancy. I'm a little bummed though. I had chosen the original group because I would be delivered by a Dr I knew not on who was covering call that day. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @dma0389, I don't think I'll get a sonogram unfortunately. It sounds like she will just do an internal check for dilation and effacement. I believe I was about 2 inches dilated with my other two by 35 weeks so we will see about this one. I think my first internal checks with the others were actually at 33 and 34.5 weeks when I had preterm labor symptoms with them
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Had my 35 (+4) week appointment today.  We did group b test and a cervical check.  1cm and 70% effaced.  I had an insane amount of cramping after this check for about 6 hours.  I had a check about 2 weeks ago due to signs of preterm labor and was a "tight" one and not effaced at all.  No cramping with that one. I will be holding off until active labor to do that again!
  • @Kathryn0903 Wow! Your LO will be here in a week!

I start my weekly ultrasounds and appointments today, at 32 weeks, since I had high blood pressure previous to pregnancy. Everything has measured okay so far, and my blood pressure has been good, so hopefully everything stays the same so baby can stay put for a while.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @Kathryn0903 holy smokes that's so soon!!!

Had my appointment yesterday. Told him about my BH and pressure. He said sounds like normal 3rd trimester stuff. He said if the BH don't hurt and are just annoying it's not doing anything to your cervix. So I said I just get to be annoyed and grumpy for the next 4 weeks, his response...yup.

I go back in 2 weeks for a 36 week ultrasound, Group B, and get checked. Also the OB office called today and pushed back my RCS date a day....Boo.....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mango517Mango517 member
    edited July 2017
    Oh my gosh @Kathryn0903 you're so close! Enjoy your last weekend before the baby!!

Both of my appointments went well this week as I had a growth u/s and check in with the MFM office due to the GD. Everything looks good with the baby, he's estimated at 4lbs which is right on track for 32 weeks and was head down (YAY!). It was very...surreal... to see him looking like a little baby. The tech did measure just his thigh bone and I'm not sure if that is part of the standard operating procedure or if they looked a little small. I'm not terribly surprised about that though as my husband has stumpy tree trunk legs and even during our A/S the thigh was off measurement by 3 compared to the rest of him. I think there was nothing concerning on the u/s because the Dr. didn't even come in to talk to me. I go back at 36 weeks for another U/S and the start of my weekly non-stress tests.

My mid-wife check up went well, fundal height is back on track thanks to a growth spurt over the weekend and him flipping from transverse to vertex. She was really happy to hear about my blood glucose numbers and that I've been tracking them so carefully.

Having two good check ups has put me in a much better place mentally, I'm hoping that maybe I can now relax a tiny bit and try to enjoy the remainder of my pregnancy.

EDIT: apparently they did measure parts besides the thigh and I just don't remember any of them. I commented to my h about it and he was "uhhhhhhhh she measures lots if things" 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Quick question- what's "RCS"?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got home from my 34 week check. They ended up having to do an ultrasound as my fundal height was still measuring only at 31 weeks, which is what it measured at at my 32 week appointment. Doc said she is measuring a little behind but not 3 weeks behind so there's no reason to worry since my levels were still good and her heartbeat was still good. Talk about nerve wracking though. I've been measuring spot on since the beginning and now to be behind just makes me nervous but if Doc's happy then I should be. And of course this had to be the appointment where both DH and my mom were out of town so I had to wait by my self freaking out for over half an hour for the ultrasound. Now just going to try and take it easy and not stress since everything is fine at this point. 
  • @mango517 They did lots of measurements at my 32 week US today too, so I think it's pretty standard. I'll have to get them weekly, but doc says the rest will be quicker BPPs without all the measurements. 

LO is still breech. Doc says we won't need to discuss options until 35/36 weeks, but I'm still a bit worried since they were in the same position 4 weeks ago. Seems mighty comfy like that! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Had my 36 week appointment this morning. Received word back that my GBS was negative. The nurse had me undress from waist down but The OB said he'd save me the cervical check so I got undressed for nothing. Heartbeat, weight, fundal height, and BP were all good. Next appointment is Wednesday. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• They measured my fundal height today and I'm measuring 40 weeks at 36w1d. I'm scheduled for a growth scan next week. Im hoping to keep this baby in until the 21st because my doctor is out of the country and I don't want to have the temp deliver my baby.
  • @bumpybump that kind of crap annoys me so much! 
    @Kathryn0903 baby will he here so soon! I will watch for the birth announcement!!