November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 07/03

Re: Weekly randoms 07/03

• Options
    Totally started this thread because i was creeping and september has a baby already and they are only 2 months ahead of us. SO i was thinking maybe we should start a thread to be stickied by the admins? 
    But because i overthink everything i wanted peoples opinions first on if we should start it this early ( i know things can sometimes take awhile tonget stickied) ALSO it seems some months have people post their delivery stories with thier announcement whereas others have a seperate thread for delivery stories... wondering if people have a preference? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    @bcashaw Funny that you mention it because I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. I think we can wait a bit but I wouldn't be up in arms if it went up soon. 

DH and I were planning to leave for GA today but I realized I made our hotel reservations for the 5th instead of the 4th. It takes 2 days to get there so we'd arrive late on the 4th. We're just leaving tomorrow but DH is sweet and knows I get anxiety over changing plans and made sure I was okay with leaving later. At first I was put off by it but I realized that because of the holiday we'll still be seeing houses and such at the same time. It's hard because I can't even change insurance until we find a house and then I can set up OB care and most likely wait a few weeks for an appointment. 

Thankfully Friday we were able to go to my MIL's L&D ward (she's a L&D nurse) and hear the baby's heart beat. My blood pressure was lower than it was in Korea and a lot closer to my normal bp. I think the problem was that in Korea they had me walk up a flight of stairs and then take it right away and they used a machine like the ones your find at drugstores. I've always had lower bp so having it higher for a few weeks in Korea was making me nervous. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven glad to hear your bp was better! 

I second @ooodalollly's suggestion with the love tits

• Options
    Separate threads for announcements and stories do make the board get congested. If people really want to comment, they can PM or just comment on that thread. Trust me, we do not want 150 different birth announcement threads.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    After a super stressful and hectic weekend with our car, we are purchasing our second vehicle today so DH and I each have a reliable vehicle. So anxious about taking on another car payment, but after the fiasco this weekend with our only vehicle I know it's the right decision with LO on the way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +2 to what @ooodalollly said. Def agree love only to congratulate births, not comments. Personally, it's likely I won't post much more on here except that Baby has been born and will have the majority of the details along with name and picture on FB.

• Options
    Agreed from what I have seen on other boards I like the one thread for birth announcements with only love tits. It seems to keep the thread from getting congested and possibly missing an announcement.

@DuchessOfCambridge I am probably in the same boat of just posting an announcement here and not much else. I know from lurking myself that the birth announcements probably draw a lot of lurkers. It just makes me happy to see so many birth stories but I wouldn't want to put anything to personal.
  • Options
    Just woke up from a bizarre dream of having a nice chat along a river esplanade with Justin Trudeau, where he shared videos of his kids roller blading and we talked about my dog and his breed. The dream then morphed into one about my dog and other Griff owners. At the end, I was left contemplating a gigantic ham and turkey sandwich- whether I should give it to the dog or just eat it myself. 

#pregnancyhormones
  • Options
    Yesterday was such a crazy stressful day, I really need another day off. My dogs started barking at 6:30 so I get up and let them out. A few minutes later they're barking again so I get up and let them back in. They wouldn't stop so I get up and go to the bathroom and I'm spotting pretty bad.
    Then I walk in the kitchen and my fiance says he figured out why the dogs are barking. Walk outside and a neighbor's house is engulfed in flames. I chased their dog down and another neighbor put him in their backyard and spent most of the rest of the day collecting donations around town for them.
    I get back home and the dog has escaped the backyard and the people aren't home. My dog tried to eat him through my fence so I get him back on a leash and took him to my new house until his dad could come get him. 
    I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my house was on fire. Just anxiety. And my son has a 7:30 am dentist appointment this morning before I go to a super busy day at work. Ugh
  • Options
    @amber0529 Oh no! That is awful about your neighbor. I'm sure it caused you a lot of anxiety as well. I hope you have a better day today!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amber0529 So scary. Hope everyone is okay! My husband is a fire fighter and stuff like that definitely sets me off. I hope your spotting has stopped.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @slaven Are you giving birth here or back in Korea?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I slept in with the girls until 8 today and I'm still dragging. I realized both the kitchen and the play have to be deep cleaned today! 3yr olds and 4.5yr olds are not the greatest helpers much of the time. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @amber0529 That's all so stressful. I hope your spotting has stopped.
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @NYTino24
    They are all ok thankfully! Wife noticed it right away and got her and the dog out and the husband had just left! 
    Just a little bit of brown now so should be gone by tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @Airynn Chica She's in MA and her husband's new station is in GA. They moved away from Korea.

• Options
    @amber0529 wow, how scary!  Glad everything and everyone is ok. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    slavenslaven member

@AirynnChica We just moved from Korea to GA so LO will be born in GA

@NYTino24 We're actually in GA now

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    I plan on sleeping in as much as I can tomorrow morning.  Hopefully DS will take his morning dose of hydrocodone and go back to sleep.  I'm exhausted and pretty sure baby is going through a growth spurt.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    edited July 2017
    @mariposa_767s It's amazing how I feel like I notice when LO is having a growth spurt. I'll get super tired too or extremely hungry. Hopefully you can get some rest!

Yesterday's house hunting was a fail but I think today will be a lot better. We've seen one house so far and it was in a great neighborhood. I didn't love the kitchen but it was clean and perfectly decent. Also the backyard was a bit small and we would have to enclose the yard ourselves. There's an area where there was once a gate but it's open now and we have dogs that we just want to let out. A bit of chicken wire would fix that though since our dogs are small. We have 2 more houses to see today in the same price range but with nicer kitchens. 

eta: So the 2 other house tours went well. One listing said fenced in yard but there wasn't one but the other house was nice and we put an application in so FX. 

Also it's my birthday today and DH is being really sweet and walking the dogs b/c the GA heat and this head cold are killing me. He brought me breakfast in bed, even if it was just a hodge podge of things from the hotel continental breakfast lol. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018