July 2017 Moms

Sunday 7/2 ticker change!

Posting (and stealing from Saturday ticket change) because I'm sure @manillabar is super busy :) 

Happy July!!

How far along are you? / How old is baby?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: US moms - any 4th of July plans?  
Non-US moms - any fun weekend plans?

Re: Sunday 7/2 ticker change!

• How far along are you? / How old is baby?
    37 weeks today! 

How big is baby?
    at the u/s last Wednesday, baby was measuring 6lbs, 14 oz. 

Yep - we're doing weeklies now. 

No changes really - all symptoms are starting to just get more severe - the swelling is crazy, the walking is hard, etc. 
    the Braxton hicks is so crazy - ugh feels so gross too. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm not in nesting mode at ALL. My last day of work was Friday and I went in yesterday to finish up some stuff and clean out my office a bit for my maternity cover, but I basically have zero energy for anything else. I have so much to do to prep for this baby, I'm really actually scared this baby may try and make her entrance sooner. 

GTKY: US moms - any 4th of July plans?  Non-US moms - any fun weekend plans?
    im not making any plans, see above. 

• How far along are you? 38 weeks

How big is baby?
     a winter melon

Yup, tomorrow

Every day feels different, and I'm annoyingly hyper-alert to every feeling my body has. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    With DS, my water broke at 38 weeks exactly, so I'm super aware of everything right now, for no real reason.

FIL and his gf have a bbq for the 4th every year, since they live within walking distance of a fireworks show, so that's what we're doing.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? / How old is baby? 36 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    Papaya... must be the world's biggest papaya

No, saw my midwife's partner last Thursday and seeing my midwife next week once she's back in town.

Less BH since I've been drinking an insane amount of water.  I've been able to get more sleep after some rough insomnia, whew.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Packed my hospital bag, printed out birth plan, finishing up little odds and ends but we're pretty much ready.  I'd just love baby to stay out until 39 weeks when my mom comes out so that DD is taken care of.

No fireworks allowed in our county because of CA wildfire risk so we might go to a parade on Tuesday.  Tomorrow we are going to a little kid theme park that DD loves!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? / How old is baby? 39 weeks :o:)

How big is baby?
    Mini-watermelon or pumpkin

The usual... Was only dilated a fingertip last week so I'm hoping for change even though it's meaningless as to the onset of labor.

More intense RLP. I doubled over last night from the sudden pain - it's crazy!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    In-advance-rant for the fireworks that wake me up on the night of the 4th lol

Nope, just trying to get labor going. I hope she's not a 4th of July baby just so her birthday isn't also a holiday, buuuuut if it happens, it happens, I'll be thrilled that she's here!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • How far along are you? / How old is baby? 38 weeks! 

How big is baby? 
    a Pomeranian 

yes, I have them weekly every Monday now

more fatigue. I've had to take daily naps. Also baby just feels huge! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I'm not excited about fireworks either! Our dog always gets really scared.
    I haven't had the time/mental energy for nesting, but H is in turbo mode. He washed and put away all the baby clothes, installed the car seat, cleaned the house, weeded all the gardens, made freezer meals, etc. etc. I don't know what I'd do without him!

nothing holiday-related, just snuggling our dog haha. My thesis defense is Thursday so I'll be working on preparing for it all week. 
  • Happy July!!

Brielle will be 3 weeks on Tuesday 

How big is baby?
    My husband swears she's 8 pounds. I think she's close, but NOT 8 pounds. 

Nope

Bleeding has picked up a bit. I hate how it comes and goes. It would be nice if it was just gone. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Bri hated sleep last night. Grrr. Crazy to think today was my due date and yet I'm vegging with her asleep on my chest. 

We will start the morning off with a 1K fun run. After nap we will head over to friends for pool+BBQ. In the evening we will head to the park for fireworks. So excited!!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Happy July!!

37 weeks

How big is baby?
    They said 6lbs in my last US
    Yeap, Wednesday 
     Lack of motivation, sore back, the usual! 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    None for now! 
    no idea yet! Depends 
  • How far along are you? / How old is baby?
    37 weeks
    How big is baby?
    The size of Zach Morris's cell phone
    I meet my new OB this week.  I'm sad to have to switch so late in the game, but she comes highly recommended so I am lucky.
    Definitely feeling the practice contractions, but not the real thing yet.  
    I'm also getting nesting fever.  I can't stop the urge to clean and organize.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    So jealous of all the outside babies!  It's making me so impatient to meet our baby girl.
    My office is open tomorrow so I have to go to work.  I do get Tuesday off so I bought some stuff to bbq on the 4th.   
  • How far along are you? / How old is baby? 37 + 1

How big is baby? 
    They estimated 6 pounds at her ultrasound last week.

Yup. Every week now.

She's moved down a little bit, so her butt isn't all the way up under my ribs anymore, which is nice. But it seems like my tradeoff is some hip pain though. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    The start of July has made me quite anxious to finish getting things ready. I keep coming up with something else that needs to be done, so I don't think the list will end any time soon. Such mixed feelings of wanting her to be here now and wanting her to wait until her due date so I can get all the things done. 

All day in the pool with the family, then fireworks. Very much looking forward to floating all day.
  • mama-k-2mama-k-2 member
    edited July 2017
    Sorry I have been silent the past few weeks. I've been on here keeping up with everyone though. Congrats to all the new moms and thinking of all the moms to be!!

38w 5d

How big is baby? 
    watermelon

C-section scheduled for 7am Wednesday July 5th !! At my 39 week mark.

Lots of pressure and back pain; been there but much more intense these past few days.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I can't believe my little man will be in my arms in less than two days!!

Cleaning this place like crazy today and tomorrow but just got back last night from spending the weekend swimming and grilling out at my parents and going to my soon to be MIL's house tomorrow to eat and shoot fireworks for my 6 year old. Trying to soak in the last few days with my oldest son since he won't be my only baby anymore.. so nervous and so excited.