November 2017 Moms

GTKY: Arts & Crafts

Are you artistic or crafty? Share your past, current, or future projects here! Also feel free to share ideas from other places like Pinterest or Etsy.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: GTKY: Arts & Crafts

• I love to be crafty and use my imagination. I use to scrapbook. I have everything imaginable from Creative Memories. I'd take classes, read books and watch tutorials on scrapbooking. I started a book for DS1 with my maternity pictures. Every few weeks I'd scrapbook a new pregnancy pic. Once DS came, it was hard to continue. I'm hoping once this last baby comes, I'll be able to pick it back up again. It's so relaxing to me. I love to use my brain to create things. Plus, it's me time where no one will bother me.  I most recently purchased an Erin Condren planner and buy all of the sticker kits off Etsy to decorate each week. I had to put a hault on the sticker buying because it was getting very costly. Most weekly sticker kits are around $20.00, times 4 weeks=too much money! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hillaryo14hillaryo14 member
    edited July 2017
    I have tried my hand at lots of different craft projects, but I've found that I really like redoing furniture-easy stuff though. I don't have the eye for scrapbooking or anything like that.
    Last year, I re-upholstered a chair I inherited from my grandparents. I also took a cheapo dresser, sanded it and repainted it. 
     A few years ago, I repurposed an old bookshelf into a wine shelf. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Currently making a baptism dress for my cute niece :) I love sewing! 
  • I love being crafty, but haven't had any time to do anything recently with three kids running around, lol. I'm pretty sure the last thing I made was a fall wreath. 
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption
  • Where are my Cricut/Silhouette crafters at? 

I can sew but I never do that. A lot of our decorations are handmade by me. I like doing small things with DS now too. I get the crafting bug September 1st through New Years Day. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ElizabethSchuyler My sister does Cricut. She made these shirts for DH and DS (so cool to be able to say that now!) for Father's Day! Not a good pic, but you get the idea.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  •  @ElizabethSchuyler My SIL does a lot with Silhouette. She made vinyl cutouts for koozies for our wedding. 
  • @NYTino24 Love it! I actually haven't tried shirts yet! I wish I used it more but I do use it at least once a month. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cwalker042 I love Erin Condren planners!!

I do too! I've only gotten the teacher lesson planners, but they're awesome!
    I decided not to get one this year because they tend to be a little pricey and we are trying to save money. 

My life would fall apart without a planner but the sticker cost for the EC planners sneak up on you. Before you know it you're spending close to $100 a month on stickers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NYTino24 I love doing those paint nights! I probably have at least 10-12 paintings I've done. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ShePersisted That's an amazing shot and experience! I got a camera and lenses for a wedding gift from DH and can't find the charger, but you best believe I will be taking tons of pics with our LO!

• You ladies are so crafty.  I suck at crafts so bad it's actually a joke in my family because the rest of them are ridiculously talented.  I can loom knit hats. That's it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jess0211 said:
    You ladies are so crafty.  I suck at crafts so bad it's actually a joke in my family because the rest of them are ridiculously talented.  I can loom knit hats. That's it.
    This is me. My sister makes her living as an artist. And I'm over here like "this is a stick figure!"
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Some cakes 
  • sugar cookies 

this is my MIL 60th i styled 
    cake cookies , also made the lace  privacy screen behind the cake table 
    my sister in law sells quilting fabrics  and these are hand painted or wet on wet piped  sugar cookies of some of the fabrics she sells, for my nieces 2nd birthday