Infertility
Options

Early ovulation ivf before ER

hey ladies I don't know what I would do without this board. 
This is our first ivf cycle so you can imagine I am completely lost and alone. :( 
today is cd 9 as I am an early ovulator on day 11-12. My last failed iui 6 hours after trigger I ovulated on cd 12 and had the iui on cd 13.

My egg retrivel is scheduled for cd 12 on Sunday. I have been on menopur with an antagonist ganirelx for the past 3 days. Tmw I go in for a check and then probably will trigger tmw night. I emailed my nurse my anxiety about ovulating earlier than Sunday and she really didn't make me feel better. I am a cash client so if I do ovulate early we lose a lot of money. 
How safe is the antagonist from preventing me from ovulating early ? Any words of advice. I think I need to step up and advocate for myself more. Our fertility clinic is a truck stop with no real bedside manner 

Re: Early ovulation ivf before ER

• Options
    The only time I ovulated early was with my last protocol, and then I was on half dose of ganirelix. My first IVF was antagonist just like yours, and my third the same just with estrogen priming. On the third my progesterone started rising because we got to day 18 or 19 of the cycle, but I didn't ovulate. 
    DOR (FSH 13, AMH 0.48, AFC 6-9)
    IVF #1 -2016 March, antagonist, 5 eggs, 2 fertilized, 3DT - 8 cell and 6 cell no frag, chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 - 2016 June, micro dose lupron, 3 eggs, 1 fertilized, 3DT 6 cell, BFN
    IVF #3 - 2016 November, estrogen priming + antagonist, 9 follicles, 3 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #4 - 2017 March, testosterone priming + micro dose lupron, 2 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #5 - 2017 May, A/ACP protocol, 4 follicles out of 7 seemed to get to required size, ovulated before retrieval, converted into IUI - BFN
    IVF #6 - 2017 July, A/ACP protocol, 3 follicles one stopped growing, LH rising, converted to IUI - BFN
    IVF #7 - 2017 September, antagonist, 5 follicles, 6 eggs,  3 immature, 3 injected, 1 fertilized, stopped growing day 3
  • Options
    What dose of antagonist are you on? It should work, unless it's an unusually small dose! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I am on 250 syringe. I did it for the past 3 days. I emailed my nurse that I felt Sunday would be too late and she just said to see what happens today. 
    My cervix is very high and a lot of cm. I guess that is not a good indicator right now because of my high estrogen. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the reply. I just wish they would be more educating with first timers. I just feel so nervous. I literally go in for 10 mins they draw blood and quick scan with " everything looks good keep taking meds " 
  • Options
    yeah, it took  a while until they started sharing with me, and even now they don't it all the time. But on the bloodwork they check for estrogen, progesterone, LH and as long as they are in certain limits all they can say it looks good. I like to know how things are going, that is why I always ask how many follicles are there and how big. I know that when I get with a couple at 18 or 19 probably they are going to trigger...
    DOR (FSH 13, AMH 0.48, AFC 6-9)
    IVF #1 -2016 March, antagonist, 5 eggs, 2 fertilized, 3DT - 8 cell and 6 cell no frag, chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 - 2016 June, micro dose lupron, 3 eggs, 1 fertilized, 3DT 6 cell, BFN
    IVF #3 - 2016 November, estrogen priming + antagonist, 9 follicles, 3 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #4 - 2017 March, testosterone priming + micro dose lupron, 2 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #5 - 2017 May, A/ACP protocol, 4 follicles out of 7 seemed to get to required size, ovulated before retrieval, converted into IUI - BFN
    IVF #6 - 2017 July, A/ACP protocol, 3 follicles one stopped growing, LH rising, converted to IUI - BFN
    IVF #7 - 2017 September, antagonist, 5 follicles, 6 eggs,  3 immature, 3 injected, 1 fertilized, stopped growing day 3
  • Options
    I'm going to ask today. Only thing they have mentioned to me was my fsh before.